What's new

What ya eating?

Somethings from me archives. Don't remember the names but they were delicious!
IMG_20220326_210833.jpg
IMG_20220326_210853.jpg

I felt like some kebabs and biriyani today, Indians in India here @Paitoo etc.. you guys should srsly check out Biriyani by Kilo if you haven't already.

BBK is quite good. If you are ever in Bombay, do try the Mutton Biryani at Hotel Shalimar on Mohammad Ali road. I was a regular there. On Wednesdays they served Khichda too. It was mind blowing. Not sure if they still do.

I just returned from a one week trip to Kerala. Gorged on beef roast + malabar parathas and fish curry + rice. Have put on quite a few kilos and need to get back to exercising.

BBK is quite good. If you are ever in Bombay, do try the Mutton Biryani at Hotel Shalimar on Mohammad Ali road. I was a regular there. On Wednesdays they served Khichda too. It was mind blowing. Not sure if they still do.

I just returned from a one week trip to Kerala. Gorged on beef roast + malabar parathas and fish curry + rice. Have put on quite a few kilos and need to get back to exercising.
Nice 1, damn.. I been craving some Erachi fry too but it's a bit of a drive to get to Gunpowder who do, by far, the best I've ever had. That flaky malabar porotta, a squeeze of lime, and a beer to wash it down.. ooh lala !

Roasted mutton leg in a saffron infused sauce at Bundu Khan in Lahore. There are leg roasts & then there is this leg roast. Literally can't have enough whenever I order it either with friends or family. Vanishes in a couple of minutes.

67C13DBC-0486-4EE4-88CA-8FFBC6B9966F.jpg

Bundu Khan at Liberty right? I used to visit the place whenever I went to Lahore. But tbh, the place is highly overrated. I found it too noisy and overstaffed with very slow service. I prefer mellow desi background music in restaurants, not Rihanna or Lady Gaga yelling their lungs out.
Btw, right next to it there's this dhaba called Capri. I love their daal mash :p:. The place is quite dirty, a typical Lahori toota phoota interior with a lot of makhis. I used to bring my lunch to my room in Sunfort and enjoy the meal there quietly.

Nice 1, damn.. I been craving some Erachi fry too but it's a bit of a drive to get to Gunpowder who do, by far, the best I've ever had. That flaky malabar porotta, a squeeze of lime, and a beer to wash it down.. ooh lala !

I am starving for some Goan prawn curry and rice. I normally walk into some small family run joint and order it along with chilled beer. Once the lady made it so fiery that for 2 days my digestive system was cursing me. After the ordeal was over, I visited it again. Can't stay away.

Today I am planning to visit Shivaji Military hotel as I am in the area. Let's see if I get the opportunity. The waiters treat you like shit but the food is worth the humiliation.

Bundu Khan at Liberty right? I used to visit the place whenever I went to Lahore. But tbh, the place is highly overrated. I found it too noisy and overstaffed with very slow service. I prefer mellow desi background music in restaurants, not Rihanna or Lady Gaga yelling their lungs out.
Btw, right next to it there's this dhaba called Capri. I love their daal mash :p:. The place is quite dirty, a typical Lahori toota phoota interior with a lot of makhis. I used to bring my lunch to my room in Sunfort and enjoy the meal there quietly.
No, this one was taken at their Emporium Mall Outlet. The food standard is the same at all their outlets.

I am starving for some Goan prawn curry and rice. I normally walk into some small family run joint and order it along with chilled beer. Once the lady made it so fiery that for 2 days my digestive system was cursing me. After the ordeal was over, I visited it again. Can't stay away.

Today I am planning to visit Shivaji Military hotel as I am in the area. Let's see if I get the opportunity. The waiters treat you like shit but the food is worth the humiliation.
LOL. did you get served a prawn vindaloo instead ? The regular praw curry is generally not that fiery afaik

that's alike a quality mark of a place, overworked waiters just throwing things around in a 24/7 packed house.. try Delhi Hyderabad house and a few others some times.. huge lines of people waiting and overworked people all around just all redlining on 5th gear.. somehow they make it happen. :)

One of my absolute favourites, Chicken Chilli Dry with fried rice.

View attachment 883173
Bhai terey yeh roz kay mazein hai

Life ho toh Teri ho, warna to jhaant ke baal bhi zinda hain (I know, I copied it)
Love it

Home made Maggie & veg fried, banana and a self made latte for breakfast on my office table.

View attachment 883375
Veer, such is the life of a working man 💪🏼

Last edited:

@Paitoo 🤷🏻, dude there's no way I can do that

Even if it's regular spicy and I can't eat the next bite - no Matter how good it is

We aren't built for spicy stuff

@Paitoo 🤷🏻, dude there's no way I can do that

Even if it's regular spicy and I can't eat the next bite - no Matter how good it is

We aren't built for spicy stuff

Yeah, I have seen food videos from Lahore area. Not much use of chillies.

In some parts here, you are considered a pussy if you can't handle spicy food. I consider it stupid, but that's how it is.

Back
Top Bottom