What's new

What ya eating?

upload_2019-12-26_15-37-4.png

Homemade pizza!

Had a rather delicious Leg of lamb rast with foasted potatoes and Veg gravy and cake. That was our late lunch on the 25th.
Today we went out and had Nihari, kunna paya from Karachi Cuisine in Norburry London. Food was good service was very pleasant and courteous.
Lovely time over the hols.
A
How are the Pakistani restaurants in London? Interested to know. And do they offer similar taste or just average

Just a second ago, i was having this virtual smell of pizza sauce in my mind, and here you are

There is this one whitey, i don’t know his name but he has deep voice, actually judges food for good average or bad, he makes international vlogs, forgot his name, do you know ?
I think that is a tall american guy; he did recently a trip to iran as well. He is good.

man, prawns we make here are very simple.

In a tractor tilling cone - yes, i mean it; i had a broken one - i took it and cleaned up and welded 4 legs below and i lite up wood fire under it. In oil, put in some butter, then garlic. Then home made peri-peri paste. then put the prawns in and cook until cooked with shell on.

Sauce or no sauce; it is a potent killer.View attachment 595729
I love prawns. Here is a desi dish made from these guys:
photo.jpg

Its called Prawn biryani.

Thats terrorism btw. :smitten:

How are the Pakistani restaurants in London? Interested to know. And do they offer similar taste or just average

Just a second ago, i was having this virtual smell of pizza sauce in my mind, and here you are
There are a couple of good ones. Karachi cuisine in Norburry is good as is Spice village and Mirch Masala both in Tooting South west London. If you want buffet the Royal Nawab in North London is the place to go. Rest are Pseudo Pak/Indian owned by Bengalis and everything tastes alike there.
I have a few selected ones which I go to and have pointed out. Otherwise in the 80 and 90s Khans near Bayswater and Kundan in Knightsbridge were the places to go.
A

In beginning they both were ok. but mark wiens gets under my skin in a big way; trevor keeps repeating same phrases like a parrot which becomes annoying. Mikey Chen - i prefer his way.

per-peri paste is very simple. Just take dried peri-peri; if you dont have it, I think you should like similar but very different flavour - thai chilli. wash it; the add medium hot water; just around 2x height of what ever you have them at. Leave overnight to hydrate. Next morning; just add a 1 teaspoon of oil and 1 teaspoon of vinegar; liquidise the mix and put it in a bottle and refrigerate. Simple stuff. You can get exotic and add a few garlic cloves as well when liquidising.
Lmao garlic, exotic. Thanks man

There are a couple of good ones. Karachi cuisine in Norburry is good as is Spice village and Mirch Masala both in Tooting South west London. If you want buffet the Royal Nawab in North London is the place to go. Rest are Pseudo Pak/Indian owned by Bengalis and everything tastes alike there.
I have a few selected ones which I go to and have pointed out. Otherwise in the 80 and 90s Khans near Bayswater and Kundan in Knightsbridge were the places to go.
A
And to experience some peshawari karahi ?

Now i remember, it was Best Food Review. I really liked his reviews especially when he went over to Oman.

I dont know if you noticed with Food Ranger, this time for first ever, they went to the eastern part of the country including north to Mazanderan where food is completely different as well as culture/ethnicity. Personally, i find farsi food too bland and no variations; i prefer food from the eastern and northern east/west of iran.

Now i remember, it was Best Food Review. I really liked his reviews especially when he went over to Oman.

I dont know if you noticed with Food Ranger, this time for first ever, they went to the eastern part of the country including north to Mazanderan where food is completely different as well as culture/ethnicity. Personally, i find farsi food too bland and no variations; i prefer food from the eastern and northern east/west of iran.
In general iran cuisine is quite light and balanced for health and well being with some taste due to lesser use of oil.

If i visit any Pakistani buffet rest, i get heavy at just 2-3 fillings but if an irani cuisine then at least 4-5 + sweets

Back
Top Bottom