What's new

What would you like to have in the JF-17

Denada-----Well---why don't you unburden yourself and share some of the stuff----it will take some load of you---hehn
Will try, but I have other topics in mind which I consider vital on long term basis. I don't even know the active or passive rules of this forum, so I will try go out blunt...hope its works.

Right now i am waiting two things about JF-17 thunder block 1 or 2

1. when you will see Block 2 to fly
2. when PAF use JF thunder to participate in exercise with other country like china, turkey ...

An MHD or
Helmet-mounted display

JHMCS.jpg

Aviation HMD designs serve these purposes:

• using the head angle as a pointer to direct air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons seekers or other sensors (e.g., radar, FLIR) to a target merely by pointing his head at the target and actuating a switch via HOTAS controls. In close combat prior to HMDs, the pilot had to align the aircraft to shoot at a target. HMDs allow the pilot to simply point his head at a target, designate it to weapon and shoot.

• displaying targeting and aircraft performance information (such as airspeed, altitude, target range, weapon seeker status, "g", etc.) to the pilot while "heads-up", eliminating the need to look inside the flightdeck.

• displaying sensor video for the purpose of:
      • verification that the chosen sensor has been cued to the right target or location without requiring the pilot to look inside the flightdeck
      • viewing outside terrain using sensor video in degraded visual conditions.

HMD systems, combined with High Off-Boresight (HOBS) weapons, results in the ability for aircrew to attack and destroy nearly any target seen by the pilot. These systems allow targets to be designated with minimal aircraft maneuvering, minimizing the time spent in the threat environment, and allowing greater lethality, survivability, and pilot situational awareness.

Helmet-mounted display - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are some important and interesting technical reads about The HMD:

Welcome to USAARL - The "United States Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory" Fort Rucker, Alabama.

Do you see any possibilities for after Block 3s? The price? Is the technology readily available? At what level?

Last edited:
Better engine,more hardpoints,AESA,some stealthy features,increased range.

I think better engine is possible, AESA is possible this toy should be cheap in years, stealth is impossible for planes in this size, and plus the range.... I think what you need is a J20......

Last edited:
I think better engine is possible, AESA is possible this toy should be cheap in years, stealth is impossible for planes in this size, and plus the range.... I think what you need is a J20......

I meant reduced RCS .. Somethin like the US silent eagle ..

The key is the magazine. JF17 is too small for hind two AAM inside of the magazine. Like the Shinshin prototype from Japan, it is too small to put at least two AAM in the magazine, its a 4G fighter, far away from 6G. Silent eagle is a heavy fighter, it has space, this is the difference. A stealth plane without weapon....ok you can use it as a surveillance aircraft.....

Non Pakistani veiw seeing weaknesses that Pakistanis hearts will not acknowlege .

Thunder can be improved in key areas.

Western engine from usa or Europe potentially with supercruise but it wil require additional cost of 5,million per plane.

Inaddition a redesign airframe will be required as the dimensions airflow thrusts and behaviour if flight will radically change.

Could take five year's.to implement

Changing to stealth is no go without building a whole new plane . The USA and Russian fighters ate much larger and internal weapons bays and reshaping is easier. Thunder is too small to do this. The cost would be huge. As well.

What is possible and realistic is better western weapons and improved aesa radars . Better jammers and ew suites.

Ie add amraam missles or European aesa radars.

One big area is add more composite in airframe to strengthen the airframe.

One thing I have noticed is some people are taking away thunders main strength by advocating changes.you are going to increase it's price per unit and reduce the nos you can operate and slow down the induction time radically .

All these improvements should be implemented in steps, first an AESA radar will make the JF-17 more potent than it actually is - note that the actual radar is quite good too -. But an AESA will give the JF-17 an edge or value plus -. It is already small (some Stealth) and has stealth characteristics like the DSI intakes which makes it stealthier that the already difficult to see small fighter planes in VR combat. Some stealth paint can add more stealthy characteristics.

Last edited:
Sensor fusion systems

At one time, applications were concentrated in the military realm, with data fusion based on multiple sensors used in target tracking, automated identification of targets, surveillance, and autonomous vehicle control. Specific benefits for military use included increased accuracy and enhanced ability to characterize, identify, and locate an object relative to something else. For example, position, direction, motion, size, velocity, etc., are more useful measurements when combined rather than when looked at separately...

Sensor Fusion The Basics | DigiKey

This is an "Advanced" one

Pakistan should built 300 thunders at the very least and keep them cheaper. Block-II will feature quite well developed features which will give it a good net centric capability. If you have 300 netcentric fighters in a battle, the information advantage will greatly help reduce any performance deficiencies.
Block III Induction will start from 2016.So are we going to have 100 Block II and 50 Block I JF-17 Thunders in 2015.
file.jpeg

Last edited:
Is PAC and CAC thinking of Re-designing JF-17 Thunders, alot of ideas are showing up for block II AND III.
1831616a2.jpg

PAFJF-17ThunderinCGIforprojectedfut.jpg

jf17xlcopy20.jpg

file.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom