What's new

What type of Narendra Modi supporter are you?

What type of Modi supporter are you?

• Hindu Libertarian

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • The Sanghi

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • The Paranoid Hindu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The HDL Warrior

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • The Congress Hater

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • The Modi Bhakt

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
All you guys support one party ONLY because you hate the other? There is no constructive and positive reason to support your party? That is actually quite disturbing and destructive mentality if you guys don't mind me saying that.

Congress has become the black hole in Indian politics with its divisive agenda, anyone on their right mind would want them eradicated. And as i said earlier, I am closer to a Sanghi and also support the development agenda. BJP unlike Congress has more or less merit based system. Those like Modi, Amit Shah , Vasundhara Raje and other leaders have the freedom to grow in their own party and setup their own power blocks in the states, unlike congress whose dynastic politics is too scared of rising contenders within the party and may slap them down a bit. This means that the strongest and most capable leader will always be the Dynasty, so if the Dynasty is capable like Rajiv Gandhi, Indira Gandhi the party remains powerful but the very second the Dynasty gets someone like Rahul Gandhi the party automatically becomes weak, unlike a merit based party where Rahul Gandhi would have been brutally sidelined and cut down to size. In case of BJP The strong reach the top, the old guards and the weak end up in the bottom of the pile( Advani and other folks) This causes plenty of inter party conflicts, but at least you can be sure that those that reach the top are capable of doing good work. Its not perfect party, it has its problems with its own set of lunatics with politicians always trying to promote their sons and daughters, but the overall system itself ensures that the party remains strong and there are always a group of capable leaders on the top of the pyramid.

Justification for "hatred" ? What are his reasons for that? I am sorry but i am not aware of this guy so asking you.

He is a Kashmiri pundit, you know the rest...

Last edited:
Well I had never come across such black and white categories before.

I dont hate the congress per se.... I hate what they have become, that they deny or are oblivious to what they have become and do not try to change and adapt to the new realpolitik in India today.

Its similar to the support I lend to the BJP....its not solely (or even mostly) because they are "not congress". I hate plenty of other parties (that are not congress) as well for all kinds of reasons, and even elements of the BJP. It is a complicated grey matrix....the classifications are quite simplistic.....but the sheer utter failure of the congress both past and present leaves a very indelible mark on the psyche of all development oriented Indians. I say this because of the overwhelming evidence...with no emotion playing a role (that will only be sparked by specific detailed issues).

It is one thing to make grievous mistakes, it is another thing to deny those mistakes, pretend they never happened...or somehow justify or even glamourise them and turn them into triumphs....all to preserve the legacy of a single family.

Consideration of economic reforms and implications are not really an "afterthought". They go hand in glove with despising the congress...since the congress is increasingly anti-reform, pro-nepotism and pro-corruption...and living in a self-induced state of denial. If I was a more forgiving person, I would almost feel pity for them...but I can't. You have to have parents that lived through monolithic congress rule and also experience the recurring near-permanent scars that still exist in India today to know personally why a large majority of BJP supporters have such a visceral reaction to them.

Sir you missed my point, you and everyone else. Perhaps it is beacause it seems that i will use it to degrade Modi or the government on India. That is not the intention and plus i am in no position to do so frankly.

I am not asking anyone for explanation, you do not need to give it to me. The simple point is all these things you are saying now are actually "explanation: and "after thoughts". The first choice made by most of the members was that they support Modi because they hate Congress. It is not about selecting about Zardari and Nawaz @Spectre , it is not about deciding between jumping off a cliff or facing the dinosaur @baajey
I am not questioning the abilities of Modi if that is the reason all of the members are defending there initial response now. The "reforms" and brights you mentioned @-xXx- are what you can think of NOW, it was never your first thought!! At least it didn't came out that way.

Not ridiculing your decisions. Just pointing out that love and support for one being based solely on hatred for other is NOT A CONSTRUCTIVE THOUGHT PROCESS. Every other thing being said now is merely an after thought!

I understand that it will be difficult to accept that someone from Pakistan will be stating all this just as a matter of fact and without any ill feelings towards India or Indian leaders. That makes me feel that i wont ever be able to explain what i actually meant by all these posts.

@Levina @Joe Shearer
I guess you two can realize that and understand what i am saying. It is just 20-30 posts so do try to go through them all as it will explain the point better..

The "reforms" and brights you mentioned @-xXx- are what you can think of NOW, it was never your first thought!! At least it didn't came out that way.

It was my first post on this thread, so yes it was the first thought that came to me. :)

Secondly, its the nature of poll in OP. You either come as congi hater, or HDL warrior or Bakht. But that doesn't mean you can only be one of that. You have taken it that way.

As I have said earlier, yes we have a huge vote mass who voted for Modi because they hated congress more. Even in that process they made more educated choice. Next time they will vote to someone they hated less than Modi and we will get a better candidate, so on process moves on.... win win.

I am not asking anyone for explanation, you do not need to give it to me. The simple point is all these things you are saying now are actually "explanation: and "after thoughts". The first choice made by most of the members was that they support Modi because they hate Congress. It is not about selecting about Zardari and Nawaz @Spectre , it is not about deciding between jumping off a cliff or facing the dinosaur @baajey
I am not questioning the abilities of Modi if that is the reason all of the members are defending there initial response now. The "reforms" and brights you mentioned @-xXx- are what you can think of NOW, it was never your first thought!! At least it didn't came out that way.

Um you are making a mistake of saying you know how I (or others) think. I looked at the article, looked at what the explanation of the categories were and picked the one I thought most suited me based on the descriptions provided on the various stances. It just happened to be labelled as congress hater...does not mean that it is my X--->Y--->Z thought process where X is hate of congress and Z is support for BJP (and I guess Y is the wishy washy stuff in between).

Not ridiculing your decisions. Just pointing out that love and support for one being based solely on hatred for other is NOT A CONSTRUCTIVE THOUGHT PROCESS. Every other thing being said now is merely an after thought!

If someone is punching you in the face repeatedly and demonstrably enjoying it (from your perspective)...I don't think there is much room to engage in a constructive thought process. That to me is what Congress has done to India for more than 60 years in a economic development standpoint (which to me is the most important thing that I hold close to my heart).....that is the natural extension of a situation where a political party has a country (rather than the other way around). Their behaviour is only worsening from my standpoint.

And I will say it once more again, I dont base my love and support (whatever that means) for the BJP solely/mostly on hatred of the congress. It is simply the label given to the categories in the original post....and I would say it checks more boxes marginally more than the other ones (which also check plenty of boxes too and sometimes near equally). There are parts of the "congress hater" descriptor that I do not agree with at all (like distrusting RSS, the need for regulations on the free market or lack of opinion on Modi's role in the Gujarat riots and some others).

To me it is the development focus of the BJP that is the main reason for my support, alongside results based approach and internal merit based system combined with general leaning to the right economically (but there seems to be no category given for this). Now this has a substantial overlap with hating the congress too, but it is not a complete subset of the latter however (i.e there is plenty of support from me regarding BJP development platform totally outside of hating what the congress squandered....and plenty of congress hate from me that has nothing to do with development or even supporting the BJP ...in fact in various issues the BJP is demonstrably a mere continuation of the congress - and thus I cannot hate just the congress in this regard).

So if such a development focused category were there (or if I could define a separate category myself taking elements from all the categories) I would pick that one. The coefficient of correlation between me and the congress hater category is probably around 0.5, well below statistical significance....but higher than the other categories individually, but not by much in many instances.

Hope its all clear now. Relationship status with BJP: Its complicated ;) (because I try to be as impartial and evidence driven as possible and nothing in politics is perfectly good or bad).

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Arsalan, post: 8436799, member: 11327"It is not about selecting about Zardari and Nawaz @Spectre , it is not about deciding between jumping off a cliff or facing the dinosaur @baajey

@Levina @Joe Shearer
[/QUOTE]

It's human nature - Love and hate are relative concepts. How do you know you hate someone or love someone? You take decisions at expense of the other validating once hate or love. I think except for Mother's love for a child - which is basically biological imprinting - there are no absolutes when it comes to human emotions.

So you see - while it may not be constructive Love for Modi is to an extent inspired not by his deeds but the misdeeds of congress.

Hope you understand what I am trying to say here - all our lives are about choices - choosing one at the expense of other, exercise of judgement and logic. So when you say it's about decision about jumping from a cliff and facing a dino then you are right - sometimes their are no good options and once chooses the least bad.

All this process is internalized and happens spontaneously and subconsciously there for the first response of congress hater

Um you are making a mistake of saying you know how I (or others) think. I looked at the article, looked at what the explanation of the categories were and picked the one I thought most suited me based on the descriptions provided on the various stances. It just happened to be labelled as congress hater...does not mean that it is my X--->Y--->Z thought process where X is hate of congress and Z is support for BJP (and I guess Y is the wishy washy stuff in between).

If someone is punching you in the face repeatedly and demonstrably enjoying it (from your perspective)...I don't think there is much room to engage in a constructive thought process. That to me is what Congress has done to India for more than 60 years in a economic development standpoint (which to me is the most important thing that I hold close to my heart).....that is the natural extension of a situation where a political party has a country (rather than the other way around).

And I will say it once more again, I dont base my love and support (whatever that means) for the BJP solely/mostly on hatred of the congress. It is simply the label given to the categories in the original post....and I would say it checks more boxes marginally more than the other ones (which also check plenty of boxes too and sometimes near equally). There are parts of the "congress hater" descriptor that I do not agree with at all (like distrusting RSS, the need for regulations on the free market or lack of opinion on Modi's role in the Gujarat riots and some others).

To me it is the development focus of the BJP that is the main reason for my support, alongside results based approach and internal merit based system combined with general leaning to the right economically (but there seems to be no category given for this). Now this has a substantial overlap with hating the congress too, but it is not a complete subset of the latter however (i.e there is plenty of support from me regarding BJP development platform totally outside of hating what the congress squandered....and plenty of congress hate from me that has nothing to do with development or even supporting the BJP ...in fact in various issues the BJP is demonstrably a mere continuation of the congress - and thus I cannot hate just the congress in this regard).

So if such a development focused category were there (or if I could define a separate category myself taking elements from all the categories) I would pick that one. The coefficient of correlation between me and the congress hater category is probably around 0.5, well below statistical significance....but higher than the other categories individually, but not by much in many instances.

Hope its all clear now. Relationship status with BJP: Its complicated ;) (because I try to be as impartial and evidence driven as possible and nothing in politics is perfectly good or bad).
I am just quoting your posts, not saying i know how you think. I just pointed out the initial posts and that is it. Nothing personal or aggressive meant there but me being a Pakistani this will be difficult for you to understand so i will leave you with that. I mean you think i am punching you and enjoying it,, what more can i say. Sorry you felt that way. Take care!

Most of PDF Indians who support Modi fall into either HDL warriors or Paranoid Hindus. Perhaps ten or 15 odd fall into different categories. All other Modi supporters are nothing less than bigots or at the least immature sanghis who try and pass off as calmer to avoid being warned by the moderators here.

Thankfully, since we get to see all of their posts on and off; the truthful nature reveals itself. @Joe Shearer dont hate me.

Again, while it does not represent the population makeup of India in general; I refer to the Indians on PDF.
you are wrong .. most of the Modi Supporters are Congress and COMMUNIST HATERS.

The responses thus far are quite shocking for me!!
Almost all of them
apart from one or may be two at best!

All you guys support one party ONLY because you hate the other? There is no constructive and positive reason to support your party? That is actually quite disturbing and destructive mentality if you guys don't mind me saying that.
Thats true! We hate antics of congress more than anything.

Justification for "hatred" ? What are his reasons for that? I am sorry but i am not aware of this guy so asking you.
Kashmiri Puindit.

I am A Congress Hater and CPM hater

@Spectre @Joe Shearer

What is the meaning of HDL activist
Hindu Defense League :) .. active on twitter.!

I think the choices are frankly pretty one dimensional, blinkered, and condescending to a large extent. As if a Modi supporter HAS to necessarily be pigeon holed into a "hater" of some sort category.

I couldn't care less for the Congress. Or for the Hindutva stuff. Maybe that is difficult to comprehend in a polarized biome.

I am in love with TINA for the time being. Would have been huge Modi's supporter had he put country first and his friendship with Jaitley second.

What kind of thread is this??
As an Indian I am a supporter of his policies of more economic liberalization and effective governance.
But I am not a very big fan of the political games played by the BJP.

I am just quoting your posts, not saying i know how you think. I just pointed out the initial posts and that is it. Nothing personal or aggressive meant there but me being a Pakistani this will be difficult for you to understand so i will leave you with that. I mean you think i am punching you and enjoying it,, what more can i say. Sorry you felt that way. Take care!

No sir, I am only talking about Congress when I said that (the punching part). You are a somewhat rare guy from other side that I enjoy interacting with....and you have made a very valid point (I am simply countering it to give the other side of the complicated cookie). I will have to introspect at some point just where exactly various anti-congress emotions have formed within me over time that I cannot so easily displace with reason and logic...and extend to "auto-support" other parties "blindly". We are all human beings after all, it happens.

My late Grandma for example was a classic example of this, she absolutely abhorred the congress party that she would support anyone that isnt congress just because they are not congress (goons like VP Singh). Some of this rubbed off on my dad (though he dislikes VP Singh just like me) so its there in my DNA somewhere. But on the other side, my grandpa on mothers side was a total loyal congress supporter to the extent that they are utterly incapable of doing anything even remotely wrong....so even though I see much fault with Nehru and Gandhi and the old cadre of the party in general....I know of their impact and effect on people of that generation....and it cannot be dismissed lightly or casually and in ways lives within us even when our elder loved ones are gone. To know they respected someone deeply, you cannot treat that in complete isolation.

Thats why I try to be as neutral as possible when analysing politics...it can be a touchy subject for many....because emotion ultimately does play a big role....but I do accept no one can be completely removed from the emotional aspect of it. It is nothing to do with your posts at all. In fact I am glad you engaged with me on this.

im a fourth gen sanghi and love NaMo for his hard work , smartness and love for mother India but hate him for bieng too soft on congress and motor mouth idiots like sadhwi prachee and her likes in BJP

I am in love with TINA for the time being. Would have been huge Modi's supporter had he put country first and his friendship with Jaitley second.
but who is TINA :azn: bhai kaddee shaadee me yaaraan kee daaroo ke paise bachaave ke :azn:

Last edited:
Staunch hater of Anti National Congress.
Communist country bootlickers CPI/CPIM
And fake party AAP.

Why are Pakistanis responding, they are fans too ? :lol::lol::lol:

This is why I like our prime minister. He's ticking all the right boxes IMO. Our PM formally invites all Rio Olympic games participants for a send off. :cheers:

upload_2016-7-4_15-11-23.png

upload_2016-7-4_15-12-3.png

upload_2016-7-4_15-12-35.png

PM Modi interacting with the sportspersons who shall be representing India at forthcoming Rio Olympic Games
upload_2016-7-4_15-14-8.png

Last edited:
The responses thus far are quite shocking for me!!
Almost all of them
apart from one or may be two at best!

To some extent...You are right...For me i fit into Hindu Libertarian group...But again, I do not align with thought of India and Congress..The basic foundation of Congress is fuzzy...They do not understand India in its original way how it should be...It requires a separate debate all together...But the big point is that they made India a mess from the beginning by not defining what it should be!!!...Rather Congress enforced its view on us, what they think India should be....That is why support any one who does not allign any way with the thought of Congress in India...

Back
Top Bottom