What's new

What type of Narendra Modi supporter are you?

What type of Modi supporter are you?

• Hindu Libertarian

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • The Sanghi

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • The Paranoid Hindu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The HDL Warrior

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • The Congress Hater

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • The Modi Bhakt

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
I would have chosen Kejri as my 2nd option but seeing his obsession with Modi i doubt him as a leader to rule the country
I am not going to vote for Congress as well

Mamata,Nitish,mulayam are also not fit

Guess we will not have majority for any party

Kejri is a humongous let down. Guy is more concerned about stupid dull crap and drama generation than actual issues of development/administration. AAP had a real chance to be something new and interesting. Now they are just another congress-lite.

Believe me when I say this that the hate present here is trivial in most cases, barring some exceptions like Sarthak Ganguly who may have justification for it.
Justification for "hatred" ? What are his reasons for that? I am sorry but i am not aware of this guy so asking you.

Technically - Both Congress and BJP are social democrat parties - atleast their policies and budget allocation says so.

Technically. Yes, you are right, and the reality is so far from the theory that I hate them both.

The responses thus far are quite shocking for me!!
Almost all of them
apart from one or may be two at best!

All you guys support one party ONLY because you hate the other? There is no constructive and positive reason to support your party? That is actually quite disturbing and destructive mentality if you guys don't mind me saying that.

Its not mutually exclusive for me at least (I did specify I fit to various degrees in all the different "moulds"). There are plenty of constructive and positive reasons outside the congress-hater mold....the biggest one for me is that the BJP is simply more on the right side of the economic spectrum and also advocates meritocracy increasingly both internally and in govt bureaucracy in general.

And yes congress is that much of a disaster, why do you think BJP even formed and then expanded in the 80s and then 90s? It is almost 90% in reaction to congress being a party of deterioration and atrophying....and worst of all overconfident and full of silver-spoon nepotism.

I'm simply picking the least bad option. If the congress was a meritocracy driven party that was at least centrist with no corrupt family at its core...then I would have no problem voting for them....but they are just so god damn awful at everything....and getting worse day by day.

Justification for "hatred" ? What are his reasons for th
at? I am sorry but i am not aware of this guy so asking you.

A self-declared victim of some mysterious, unexplained sort, a paper tiger.

I am not exactly sure, but AFAIK he was a ethnic Kashmiri Pandit driven out. Could be wrong.

There are thousands of them, none of whom exhibit an iota of his bitterness. I will name specific examples who are prominent on these issues, if anyone wants to know.

Its not mutually exclusive for me at least (I did specify I fit to various degrees in all the different "moulds"). There are plenty of constructive and positive reasons outside the congress-hater mold....the biggest one for me is that the BJP is simply more on the right side of the economic spectrum and also advocates meritocracy increasingly both internally and in govt bureaucracy in general.

And yes congress is that much of a disaster, why do you think BJP even formed and then expanded in the 80s and then 90s? It is almost 90% in reaction to congress being a party of deterioration and atrophying....and worst of all overconfident and full of silver-spoon nepotism.

I'm simply picking the least bad option. If the congress was a meritocracy driven party that was at least centrist with no corrupt family at its core...then I would have no problem voting for them....but they are just so god damn awful at everything....and getting worse day by day.
You think of all this now sir, just like the other members will come up with various reasons. It was the intial response that surprised me. All of the members stating that they support BJP because they hate Congress. It was surprising. All the economic implications and other reforms are an after thought as indicated in this trend of posts.

Where would one fit if one just loved his (or her) country and thought that Mr. Modi was simply the best man to lead her?

No other candy floss attached .....

You think of all this now sir, just like the other members will come up with various reasons. It was the intial response that surprised me. All of the members stating that they support BJP because they hate Congress. It was surprising. All the economic implications and other reforms are an after thought as indicated in this trend of posts.

They are our Zardaris. But to be fair - It is a Lenin syndrome. Once the cobwebs set in - we will begin romanticize them.

This is the curse leaders bear that is unless they die prematurely and become a martyr like Gandhi or Jinnah. Given enough time we would have hated them too like we hate Nehru

The responses thus far are quite shocking for me!!
Almost all of them
apart from one or may be two at best!

All you guys support one party ONLY because you hate the other? There is no constructive and positive reason to support your party? That is actually quite disturbing and destructive mentality if you guys don't mind me saying that.
i agree to ur conclusion. i suspected someone or the other would comment on this (congi hater).
but what do you do, when there is a dinosaur in ur back, and a 10000ft cliff at front ? u jump with a parachute. in our case, parachute is the parliamentary election.

The classification is not right.

There is a huge bunch of people who are looking at a visionary's development agenda for India. That is not mentioned here.

And by development I don't mean only roads, schools, etc. I also mean internal development and development of a common cultural-national fabric.

The classification is not right.

There is a huge bunch of people who are looking at a visionary's development agenda for India. That is not mentioned here.

And by development I don't mean only roads, schools, etc. I also mean internal development and development of a common cultural-national fabric.

I agree sir. My previous post alluded to the same.

All you guys support one party ONLY because you hate the other?

No one said that. If I HATE congress, that doesn't mean that is the only reason I support BJP in 2014, is it? Perhaps I supported BJP for all the reason it give me not to hate it?

There is no constructive and positive reason to support your party?

I have NO party. I support NO party. I support MYSELF.

The day I will have better option than BJP/Modi, I will ditch them that moment.

That is actually quite disturbing and destructive mentality if you guys don't mind me saying that.

Its called choosing less worse among worst. Once you do it repeatedly, you will see a gradual progress in terms of quality of options.

BJP/Modi is currently one rang of that ladder and we will step on him and move up in future. That's the beauty.

Last edited:

Well I had never come across such black and white categories before.

I dont hate the congress per se.... I hate what they have become, that they deny or are oblivious to what they have become and do not try to change and adapt to the new realpolitik in India today.

Its similar to the support I lend to the BJP....its not solely (or even mostly) because they are "not congress". I hate plenty of other parties (that are not congress) as well for all kinds of reasons, and even elements of the BJP. It is a complicated grey matrix....the classifications are quite simplistic.....but the sheer utter failure of the congress both past and present leaves a very indelible mark on the psyche of all development oriented Indians. I say this because of the overwhelming evidence...with no emotion playing a role (that will only be sparked by specific detailed issues).

It is one thing to make grievous mistakes, it is another thing to deny those mistakes, pretend they never happened...or somehow justify or even glamourise them and turn them into triumphs....all to preserve the legacy of a single family.

Consideration of economic reforms and implications are not really an "afterthought". They go hand in glove with despising the congress...since the congress is increasingly anti-reform, pro-nepotism and pro-corruption...and living in a self-induced state of denial. If I was a more forgiving person, I would almost feel pity for them...but I can't. You have to have parents that lived through monolithic congress rule and also experience the recurring near-permanent scars that still exist in India today to know personally why a large majority of BJP supporters have such a visceral reaction to them.

Back
Top Bottom