What's new

What twin engine Jet Fighter Suits PAF Doctrine?

There's nothing like defensive force. It's just a sugarcoated delusional word, used to convince general public.
Unfortunately PAF has made this a motto.
Imagine if war starts tomorrow, where PAF would stand in front of opponent with F-16s and JF-17s?
If one says, war can't start. That's no more than an illusion. It can be on big or small scale like Kargil. Now, rethink role of PAF in kargil.
PAF is lot better than as compared to Kargil war just check the inventory of current fleet and during that conflict. Above all PAF deliberately stay out of the conflict as planed because our intention was limited war.

Hi,

Because Paf has already integrated this engine----and the russians are fiercely competing for the paf to keep on using this engine---they will modify this engine to meet and exceed paf's requirements.---the engine has shown predictable reliability--so there is no reason for the Paf to switch just like that---but then I maybe proved wrong when the BLK3 comes into production.

+ paf secured enough RD93's just to be on the safe side that it has to use them for awhile.

And about the chinese engine and 30 hrs service---that was around 10 years ago and the issue rectified.

All 3 primary chinese aircraft the J11, The J16 & the J10's are flying with the Ws10A----. There is one in development or in production for the J20 as well.
I would like to ask for the source. As per my best knowledge last year J10 crashed in China flying with locally developed engine (WS10) and since then they stop using that engine to rectify the problems.

PAF is lot better than as compared to Kargil war just check the inventory of current fleet and during that conflict.

Of course PAF is better now after 17 years but IAF is also not stuck 17 years behind. Now, if you compare today when they stand facing each other, what would be the outcome ?

Above all PAF deliberately stay out of the conflict as planed because our intention was limited war.

You gave a good reason, I can also add some more excuses for PAF.
But history will only remember one: incompetence of PAF in Kargil war, and will forget every other reason.

My point is: PAF has not learned any lesson. Defensive force doesn't exist, it's just illusion.

Brother we are discussing Jets worth in millions of USD not chocolates. India forced / lobbied successfully to stop only 8 Jets from USA did you think they stay quite over Pakistan’s Jet deal with Russia?.
To some extent you are right bro...But Indo-Russia relation have also started crumbling as India is going closer and closer to America.....Pakistan must take advantage of these circumstances and put up strong and serious meeting with Russia....!!!
May be Russians change up their mind...As they are ready to sell their helos to Pak means they wan to sell their weapons to Pakistan....!!!

To some extent you are right bro...But Indo-Russia relation have also started crumbling as India is going closer and closer to America.....Pakistan must take advantage of these circumstances and put up strong and serious meeting with Russia....!!!
May be Russians change up their mind...As they are ready to sell their helos to Pak means they wan to sell their weapons to Pakistan....!!!
well russia is still the largest weapons and neuclear tech seler to india and there is more than 50 billion dollars worth of deals already going between india and russia pray harder for that :sarcastic:

Russia needs money if we have power of purse we can negotiate with them but sorry to say our economy is not that powerful to support our efforts to get latest jets and above all what i observed from Air chief interview PAF will continue with our current fleet until 5th Gen fighters are available.

well russia is still the largest weapons and neuclear tech seler to india and there is more than 50 billion dollars worth of deals already going between india and russia pray harder for that :sarcastic:
Sir little off topic could you post without annoying smileys? Why so much sarcasm? i read your posts Sir and you have the capability to express your views without sarcasm / smileys.
Regards.

Russia needs money if we have power of purse we can negotiate with them but sorry to say our economy is not that powerful to support our efforts to get latest jets and above all what i observed from Air chief interview PAF will continue with our current fleet until 5th Gen fighters are available.

Hi,

A 5th gen aircraft with out the support of a heavy strike aircraft will not be used to its full potential.

Even the F22 and the F35 are hooked up to perform with the compliment heavy aircraft---like the B52 , B1 bombers for launching standoff weapons as well as BVR missiles to show their full potency.

So a J31 without a heavy strike element is not going to be much success.

I am surprised at the cowardice and lack of aggression from the Paf.

PAF is lot better than as compared to Kargil war just check the inventory of current fleet and during that conflict. Above all PAF deliberately stay out of the conflict as planed because our intention was limited war.

I would like to ask for the source. As per my best knowledge last year J10 crashed in China flying with locally developed engine (WS10) and since then they stop using that engine to rectify the problems.

Hi,

It is not a big deal if the aircraft crashed---sh-it happens---. When I lived in Ogden Utah close to Hill AFB---every other week an F16 was crashing somewhere.

Everytime there is a crash---there is a down time for fighter aircraft---.

The current inventory of Paf---it is nothing to be proud of---rather a sense of fear should overcome the concerned citizens over a lackadaisical approach by the Paf to this extremely serious issue.

About the source ragarding---???

Hi,

A 5th gen aircraft with out the support of a heavy strike aircraft will not be used to its full potential.

Even the F22 and the F35 are hooked up to perform with the compliment heavy aircraft---like the B52 , B1 bombers for launching standoff weapons as well as BVR missiles to show their full potency.

So a J31 without a heavy strike element is not going to be much success.

I am surprised at the cowardice and lack of aggression from the Paf.

Hi,

It is not a big deal if the aircraft crashed---sh-it happens---. When I lived in Ogden Utah close to Hill AFB---every other week an F16 was crashing somewhere.

Everytime there is a crash---there is a down time for fighter aircraft---.

The current inventory of Paf---it is nothing to be proud of---rather a sense of fear should overcome the concerned citizens over a lackadaisical approach by the Paf to this extremely serious issue.

About the source ragarding---???
Sir i am not air force guy and have limited knowledge but i must say with limited resources we are doing the best we can. We don't need B-52 like heavy bombers doesn’t suit our war doctrine, we can launch standoff weapons from Mirages and JF-17. yes at one point we need to change our current fleet but what I understand from air chief's interview next Gen fighters would be J.V like JF-17 and no wonder if they have plans to build long range air superiority fighters in future.

Sir i am not air force guy and have limited knowledge but i must say with limited resources we are doing the best we can. We don't need B-52 like heavy bombers doesn’t suit our war doctrine, we can launch standoff weapons from Mirages and JF-17. yes at one point we need to change our current fleet but what I understand from air chief's interview next Gen fighters would be J.V like JF-17 and no wonder if they have plans to build long range air superiority fighters in future.

Hi,

I am not talking about the B52--- I am talking about a JH7B---because that is in our reach---. The air superiority fighter will be the J31---but without a complimentary BVR missile carrier or standoff weapons carrier---its utility will be like 50 % of its capability.

Enjoy the video

Hi,

I am not talking about the B52--- I am talking about a JH7B---because that is in our reach---. The air superiority fighter will be the J31---but without a complimentary BVR missile carrier or standoff weapons carrier---its utility will be like 50 % of its capability.

Enjoy the video

Sir JF-17, F-16 are also BVR capable and thanks for the nice video share.

Sir JF-17, F-16 are also BVR capable and thanks for the nice video share.

Hi,

But they cannot carry 12 PL 15 BVR missiles each and nor can they carry 2 CM400AKG's or 2 Hatf 8 cruise missiles 500 miles into the ocean.

JF-17 could carry both.

Hi,

Possibly---but for a very short distance----as the air commodore stated---there is a problem with weight distribution when one missile is launched---so---there will be only one missile that the JF17 would carry on the centerline.

Back
Top Bottom