What's new

What twin engine Jet Fighter Suits PAF Doctrine?

I don't think that MIG has much chances....Have you any source brother will has only a slight hint that MIG may also be considered by Pakistan....IF you have kindly share...!!!
We know How to buy stuff and from where to get money ? Now as for SU-35 and MIG-35 talks are taking place and we expect to hear something soon.

Don't unders

Don't underestimate SU 35 air to air role which is more important than destroying land targets jf 17 and SU 35 Radar are different SU 35 has worlds best AESA radar with more longer range can track and destroy enemies before JF 17 Radar can even track them

And SU 35 We need to counter IAF and IN jets we need to take them off with better SU 35 in dog fight if you taken care of IAF half a battle won than our land forces get good air cover SU 35 Is a liability should be bought it suites us

IN will definitely attack gwadar we need potent fighter jet in Baluchistan mountain and sea area F 16 Don't have enough gas to counter IAF in all fronts

chill, PAF and SU35 is not a reality.

okay.

lets go for 56 SU-35 and while we are at it, lets get 24 SU-34 for the navy.

80 sukhois, not a bad punch
Well I hope for that number eventually but 24 to 36 can come. As for talks they are going on

Well as per my understanding, Air Chief Sohail Amman has indicated that PAF is working on indigenously building the next gen. aircraft and for that an Aerospace City has already be planned and I guess the foundation stone has already been laid. However the details are not available whether it has something to do with J-31 or not but my calculated guess is that it is not J-31 simply because such an expansion and development for J-31 is not required...PAF can simply join J-31 program like it did for JF-17 and actually JF-17 is the reason for PAF to move for indigenous development of the future platform. A step in the right direction but it will take longer time and the question is what do to in the mean time i.e. stop gap solution...For that I would say Su-35s and JH-7Bs are good solutions and can help PAF birdge the gap. Indonesia has already acquired Su-35s and I don't really see a problem for PAF except for finances and with current F-16 deal in doldrums, PAF should really start thinking about this bird as a viable option. While JH-/B can help PN to overcome its woes in the air defence and attack area.

Well I hope for that number eventually but 24 to 36 can come. As for talks they are going on
I really hope that and the best will be if Pakistan announces the deal while the US delegation is still in Islamabad to send them a clear message for betraying Pakistan. They have their interests to mind and we have ours.

Last edited:
My opinion . J31 will not see PAF unless committed by PLAF ,SU35 dedicated role appears more for PN and also PAF for air superiority . I have a hunch that Chinese deal for 24 SU 35 for 2 Billion $ was for PAF or clubbed with PAF

I think j-31 will be the ultimate choice. It has advantage of being of next generation. Also carries the engine as that of jft. Su-35 seems unrealistic. Russians will never sacrifice india for us.

I think j-31 will be the ultimate choice. It has advantage of being of next generation. Also carries the engine as that of jft. Su-35 seems unrealistic. Russians will never sacrifice india for us.

J31 will take time before it gets officially inducted & apart from that, J31 capability is unknown. SU35 is a well known fighter & its capabilities are not hidden, superior in air to air battle & superb air manoeuvrability. Pakistan should try its best to buy Russian hardware.

Something is brewing.. But it may be just posturing by both parties to get what they are aiming for. Or may be Russians (as well as Pakistan) is changing their strategic perspectives.. time will tell but chances look to be low.

Those guys who think that Su-35 will provide an advantage in air to air combat directly i.e Su-35 vs. Su-30MKI are forgetting that both will be carrying same weapons and will have no significant advantage over each other in BVR combat.
This also stands for VWR combat, also visually IDing will become an issue and will need to be more near to identify properly. This and similar radar cross sections and radar scatterings may result in higher chances of fratricide in a high intensity air campaigns.

Question for PAF is I think what to do about deeper tactical strike, 36 F-16 bulk 52+ with CFTs would have nicely filled 2 squadrons with range to beat (yes even Su-35, now go figure it). with low RCS comparatively these could have provided a very reasonable deep strike options. Now looks to be kaput unless US has a change of heart..

For naval squadrons, can work if Russians are ready to integrate what we have or provide what they have and incur the ire of indians but I think navy guys are quite enthusiastic..

The best case for Su-35s I think is to use them as mini-Awacs provided Russians can integrate these in our network and also re-programm them to provide fire controls tracks for both F-16s and Jf-17s which looks presently to be a long shot and also the number of tracks each Su-35 can hand over looks to be low.

But if it becomes possible than they can work as force multipliers, if the range they are quoting for 3m2 is correct than they will be able to detect 20m2 plus jets at a larger range and can help out other jets with much smaller RCS to try executing different BVR manoeuvres and if properly executed may effect battle outcomes favourably.

Lets see how this pans out..

Last edited:
My opinion . J31 will not see PAF unless committed by PLAF ,SU35 dedicated role appears more for PN and also PAF for air superiority . I have a hunch that Chinese deal for 24 SU 35 for 2 Billion $ was for PAF or clubbed with PAF
I doubt very much about your hunch for the SU35s. The rest I am happy with
I would love to see the SU 35 IN PAF but it seems very unlikely. If push comes to shove then J10 series and then J31/alike option around 2023-25.

I can't believe people are talking about the SU-35 when Pakistan couldn't afford to pay for the F-16's in full. The SU-35's are far more expensive and have no prior infrastructure in place. There has been nothing from the Russians either, aside from the rumours months ago.

:butcher:
can you tell me who this guys actually is jis na tumhain is rah pa lagaya hua ha....
you must UNFRIEND him. :P
OR
You must tell them how wrong it is to lie in ramzan
Thats makes my day....:lol:
During my service I met many air force guys and what I understand from them we can't afford or we don't need twin engine jets...reasons they stated Single engine half fuel, half maintenance cost and much cheaper to operate.

most importantly if we go for SU-35 we need to build whole support infrastructure, light maintenance facilities, crew training (in Russia) which would be a lot of burden on PAF and it may takes years to fully independently operates these Jets with our choice of weapons.

India is not digesting F-16 sale would they let Russians to sell latest Jets to Pakistan. I don't think so.

I can't believe people are talking about the SU-35 when Pakistan couldn't afford to pay for the F-16's in full. The SU-35's are far more expensive and have no prior infrastructure in place. There has been nothing from the Russians either, aside from the rumours months ago.
You know the reply to it right?

"We know how to get money and buy stuff whenever we want too"

It is all getting a bit too over board now and may need to be kept in check before more and more members are infected by this state of delusion. In fact, it is more then delusion, there are certain thing that we do not need, that do not even suite us or meet our requirements but since they look cool, we want to buy them. :hitwall:

Perhaps issue some warning, make some rules but let us try to keep things as close to reality as possible.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom