What's new

What really happens inside a madrassa

@Asim.....you must realize that restricted whacking is good for children.
whacking was banned in UK years ago..and we can see a clear difference between the older generation who was wbavked by parents and teachers and the new generation which was never whacked.
The previous generation made Briatin .. Great Britain.
the later is out of control....and dead weight on economy...and caused 2 billion pounds loss in riots last year.
so there you go...whacking is good.

If you really are man enough than instead of personal attacks you should be justifying your unsupported assertions which you are so blindly presenting to the wider audiences.

The latter outnumber the former by a massive margin in this case.

I see no truth in this statement.And I also not support anyone who tries to generalize things with his short supply of samples.

Give a single positive sample from your POV.
Give me an account from a madressa where the kids were happy.
After all. I am not the one who came up with the label "liberal" here.
Shall we now doubt your manhood as well?

Give a single positive sample from your POV.
Give me an account from a madressa where the kids were happy.
After all. I am not the one who came up with the label "liberal" here.
Shall we now doubt your manhood as well?
Sir in 99 % Madrassas children are happy they respect their teachers more than school children even when they are out of Madrassa and doing Jobs you will never find out them abusing their teacher but that't not the case with many school children

It's the parents fault for sending children to Madrasshas and thinking that Mullahs are holy cows..But we can't generalize i guess.There are bad and good people everywhere and yes big no to corporal punishment for Students. I have heard of cases where the teacher nearly killed students.If the student is not behaving then just expel the students (in most cases the students would just piss in their pants if they are threatened that they would be expelled.)

I have similar accounts from Karachi.. that too in a madressa right next to the DHA office..
It is a problem with the system.
The Quran is not taught as knowledge.. it is taught as a book and that too by disinterested social rejects and sadists.

You may have heard of Binouri town Maresah of Karachi..8000 students,all happy,well taken care of and well educated in the field they chose to study?
Same for Jamia Ashrafia of Lahore?
Then there is Raiwind Madresah in the town of Raiwind near Lahore..with students from all over the world,not just Pakistan..all well taken care of and totally free.
Zakariah Mosque Madrisah in Westridge Rawalpindi? More than 2000 students and well taken care of?
Then going global ..Here in UK we have
Shaykh Abu Yusuf Riyadh ul-Haq's Madrasa in Leicester.
Then the Madrissah in Bury Lncashire and Blackbun,Lancashire..each hosting about 400 students,under strict British Scrutiny..Never had any bad report....

and many more who are doing excellent for decades..but never mentioned in media..as the stigma against Madressahs and Learning islam has to be kept live.

The problem is poorly managed free madrisahs...Which were created by somebody who wanted to do something good with their money..and with their one off interest,erected a building and employed a Maulvi sahab..Then moved on and forgot all about it..
Now how the poor maulvi sahab is going to take care of so many non paying students?
It does cause problems and many times behavioral issues and rage...
They will be called Fundoos if they go out collecting fund..
Honestly i have seen madrisah students starving while the locality are stuffing their faces with all sorts,and nobody takes v=care of them..
So how can you think these children will grow up to be caring and sympathetic people? They were rejected as kids,grew up rejected,criticized and hated...They learn these things and this becomes their character..
Every body is to blame not just them.

Madrassahs are not the problem. It's the people there that are evil. Background checks must be done on the people running these Madrassahs because They are cheaper, you shut these down, you reduce literacy by 50-60%

Though personally, I lived in the UAE the majority of my life and believe me, hitting works and you remember to learn for the next Arabic test. Damn the inventor of steel scales

Well, it all depends upon the teachers and the Maulvis who control the madrassas. Here's a pic of the Under Secretary for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs Ann Stock in India, at the Institute of Social Sciences and RELO India’s Madrassa Teacher Training Program, November 29, 2011....

6430095859_a7e946f027.jpg

So, one can't tar all madrassas with the same brush. Madrassa education especially in India has improved by leaps and bounds. The curriculum has diversified, with many now teach both religious and the "secular sciences", such as logic, mathematics and philosophy. Some madrasas have further extended their curriculum to history, politics, ethics, music, metaphysics, medicine, astronomy and chemistry.

But there's a dark side too, especially of the madrassas under control of the radicals/extremists that has Jihad as the central focus, teaching hate and bigotry for the selfish ends of certain organizations/groups. It takes all types to make this world, what?

Back
Top Bottom