What's new

What really happens inside a madrassa

Well, a person doing things like physical and sexual violence in the name of the religion (any religion) is obviously a much bigger culprit.

A person goes to the religious places with blind faith, thinking the teachers there as representatives of God. Anyone taking advantage of such faith needs to be punished heavily.

Most schools now prohibit corporal punishment as well, I guess.

yes true that.......a religious institution is the worst place to find a pedophile..
But you do realize that no religion asks the person to do so? Its a person's own fault and since we humans haven't generally got the power to look into each other's minds and hearts..and a pedophile wont come to a school / madressah shouting that i am into underage people...the madressah in general cannot be blamed for their bad behaviors..
However it is a fact that they are a minority by=ut have been so heavily publicized on purpose and to the level of organized propaganda that now the name of a Madrisah is synonym with Boom boom Suicide bombers / Pedophiles / child abusers....
But the vast majority who give their time and effort to learn Islam and act upon it the peaceful way are never mentioned anywhere.....
Thats being biased and polarized...isnt it?

yes true that.......a religious institution is the worst place to find a pedophile..
But you do realize that no religion asks the person to do so? Its a person's own fault and since we humans haven't generally got the power to look into each other's minds and hearts..and a pedophile wont come to a school / madressah shouting that i am into underage people...the madressah in general cannot be blamed for their bad behaviors..
However it is a fact that they are a minority by=ut have been so heavily publicized on purpose and to the level of organized propaganda that now the name of a Madrisah is synonym with Boom boom Suicide bombers / Pedophiles / child abusers....
But the vast majority who give their time and effort to learn Islam and act upon it the peaceful way are never mentioned anywhere.....
Thats being biased and polarized...isnt it?

From whatever I have come to know, the problem is not on a small scale at all. It is quite widely prevalent, not new at all and Pakistan is not the only one with this issue.

Trying to brush it under the carpet won't help.

And yes, Madressa have become synonymous with negative influences for a reason. Because their net contribution to society is highly negative. Almost no educated person in Pakistan or anywhere will send his kids to Madressa if he can afford a decent education for his kids.

There must be a reason why Madressas are the biggest recruiting ground for all sectarian and terrorist Tanzeems including the Talibans, Sipahs and Lashkars.

F
And yes, Madressa have become synonymous with negative influences for a reason. Because their net contribution to society is highly negative. Almost no educated person in Pakistan or anywhere will send his kids to Madressa if he can afford a decent education for his kids.

You are completely wrong, i have heritage of educated people like my grand father was a doctor, my father was Master degree holder, and i am M Phil, i wont mind to send my kid to develop his basics.

And i can bet, any sain person who has seen madrassas himself will be agree with me.

PS: I and my family can afford the best available for my kid

I never trust anyone with a beard and religious outlook..
Sir beard is way of our PROPHET SAW and secondly Madrassas are the biggest NGOS which are accommodating lot of poor children and many are even teaching them skills and now even many educated engineers Doctors are going to Madrassas to learn Islam every second day many news of students being tortured in schools come up no body cries about them

I think the general issue here is south asian parenting who think beating is necessary for the kid.
This has to change. If his mother wanted she could have stopped him from going to madrassa for that reason alone, but she thought the child must have done something wrong(if not,even then beating him will do good in long run)

It may be the case in pakistan but No need to paint every madrassa with same brush.

Following is a example from India:

Modern Madrasas Draw Non-Muslim Pupils

Modern Madrasas Draw Non-Muslim Pupils

Thanks for sharing a positive side of this madrasa education. The reason is that i know personally that children in Bihar and UP who are Hindu does not have money to spend on their education, they have availed the facility in their villages for their education.....So this is article should not be generalized that all madarassa or even all madrassa of Pakistan is like the way it has been painted in this article..

Govt should have an extensive inspection system to stop abuse of children at any school wjether it be madrassa or a normal school

Speaking like a liberal...

and you are speaking like a blindman..

How about you take a day or two in a madressa right opposite the Corps House in peshawar..
It is run by supposedly "modern" folks.
Perhaps a hint or two of sodomy might change your "extremist" beliefs.

So these men continue their diatribe on gays while sodomizing young boys. This is an universal phenomenon with religious institutions.

Back
Top Bottom