What's new

What is your mother tongue ? What other languages you can read, write and speak ?

I have been to that place, Haliyal ! It's in my native district.
I was thr near dandeli area with my south frnds just last week... .. i bought a famous sweets from belgaum dint remember the name.........

I was thr near dandeli area with my south frnds just last week... .. i bought a famous sweets from belgaum dint remember the name.........

Ah... ok. Dandeli and it's surrounding areas very beautiful with lush green forests.

Sweet must be Belgaum’s Kunda !

kunda_belgaum.jpg

Tamil (read, write and speak)
Malayalam (speak)
English(read write and speak)
Hindi (speak and read) rusty
Marwari (speak)
Urdu, Kanada(understand)

Read and write : English, Hindi, Marathi, Malayalam. Gujarati (basic level)
Speak : English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil. Gujarati and Marathi (basic level)
Understand : English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Gujarati and Marathi.

Mother tongue is pashto

Read and write pashto,urdu and english

I can also understand punjabi language but can't speak though i know 50% saraiki language.

english (speak , read , write )
hindi (speak , read , write )
sanskrit (speak , read , write )
telgu (speak )
kannada (speak )

sanskrit (speak , read , write )

I understand 40 - 50 % of the meaning if I hear Sanskrit Shlokas or Chants. I wish I could speak Sanskrit. I can read and write Sanskrit since it's in devanagari script ;)

Thank you so much, cloud_9. Very helpful! :enjoy:

@Desertfalcon.

For example, I grew up in Kerala. There are a lot of Keralites who can speak and understand Hindi, and those who can't.

Language I wouldn't say would be the major administrative problem, inept officials would be.

Last edited:
Punjabi, Urdu, English - Speak, read, & write.

I can make some sense of Arabic and persian, but I can not claim to know them. But still, if I have to (as during Umrah & Hajj), I can communicate in Arabic at least.

By virtue of knowing Urdu and Punjabi, I can understand Hindi and make some sense of North Indian dialects (Gojri, Gujrati). But that is about it.

My mother tongue
ummmm
its just tongue how can I name it??:D
That thing is named as mother language @kseeker

My mother tongue
ummmm
its just tongue how can I name it??:D
That thing is named as mother language @kseeker

Mother tongue is usually referred as a person's first language, it's a disambiguation.

A first language (also native language, mother tongue, arterial language, or L1) is the language(s) a person has learned from birth[1] or within the critical period, or that a person speaks the best and so is often the basis for sociolinguisticidentity. In some countries, the terms native language or mother tongue refer to the language of one's ethnic group rather than one's first language.[2] Sometimes, there can be more than one native or mother tongue, (for example, when the child's parents speak different languages). Those children are usually called bilingual.

First language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom