What's new

What is your idea about the possibility of secularism in Iran?

Death penalty is a controversial one!
You know how many people have been executed in Iran because of drug crimes. What is the result? Iran has half of the world consumption.

In the middle ages, church was using brutal methods to frighten people. What our government thinks in 21th century I have no idea.

Death penalty is a controversial one!
You know how many people have been executed in Iran because of drug crimes. What is the result? Iran has half of the world consumption.

That is because we are next to Afghanistan and Pakistan. Most of the drugs in the world come from these countries.

I am sure if he had softer laws on drugs the problem would be even worse.

That is because we are next to Afghanistan and Pakistan. Most of the drugs in the world come from these countries.

I am sure if he had softer laws on drugs the problem would be even worse.

Harsher drug laws are not the solution. Better border policing is the solution. India also borders Pakistan. How much drugs make their way into India ?

Harsher drug laws are not the solution. Better border policing is the solution. India also borders Pakistan. How much drugs make their way into India ?

Pakistan is just another route for drugs to come from Afghanistan. Afghanistan is the overwhelming producer of Opium/Heroin and Hashish/Cannabis in the world.

Also Iran's borders with Afghanistan and Pakistan are very large and usually deserted. Hard to man the whole border. But I agree we must do a better job of manning it.

I would like to add though that even USA has praised Iran's toughness on drug policy.

Pakistan is just another route for drugs to come from Afghanistan. Afghanistan is the overwhelming producer of Opium/Heroin and Hashish/Cannabis in the world.

Also Iran's borders with Afghanistan and Pakistan are very large and usually deserted. Hard to man the whole border. But I agree we must do a better job of manning it.

I would like to add though that even USA has praised Iran's toughness on drug policy.

shahin India-Pak border is also largely desert (Thar desert) and salty marshlands (Rann of Kutch)..but out history requires that we properly patrol it and so we do it. I think Iran's not-so-good patrolling on Pak borders has more to do with the lawlessness of the people there than the terrain itself.

shahin India-Pak border is also largely desert (Thar desert) and salty marshlands (Rann of Kutch)..but out history requires that we properly patrol it and so we do it. I think Iran's not-so-good patrolling on Pak borders has more to do with the lawlessness of the people there than the terrain itself.

Well I can't speak for Pakistani Baluchistan, but Iranian side is not that lawless. We have functioning police and army there just like the rest of the country. Besides as already mentioned, most of the drugs come from Afghanistan I believe.

the problem would be even worse.

Drugroutemap.gif

There are other countries on drug routes. All of them has their counter measures. To judge a long going method the best way is to have a look at the results. In my opinion, our solution was a total failure compared to others.

Iran has 130,000 new drug addicts each year: report | Reuters

Iran tops world drug addiction-rate list - report

Iran Drug Addiction and Heroin Problem | Drug Information

Opiates of the Iranian People

Death penalty has been used in almost every part of the world, but in the last few decades many countries have abolished it. More than two-thirds of the countries in the world have now abolished the death penalty in law or practice. The numbers are as follows:

Abolitionist for all crimes: 97
Abolitionist for ordinary crimes only: 8
Abolitionist in practice: 35

Total abolitionist in law or practice: 140
Retentionist: 58

A more up to date map at wiki:
IYs5rn8.jpg

Use of capital punishment by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Execution is needed for specific crimes.It's not always bad.the psychopaths who rape women and kill them, the ones who murder more than one person, or even one, brutally and etc.They shouldn't be kept alive, there is no benefit in it.No matter how much you want to be 'civilized'.

i agree partially with you about execution...for some inhumanly crimes executions needed just like US does...yet it shoul be done not like in iran.
but what about politic executions?...how a regime could have right to execute citizens who act opposite to herself or assert an idea againist regime...politic executions quite common in iran..tomorrow if those victims of execution are proven right in their causes then how could you bring back them from graves to life.?

from i knnow total death tolls of uprisings aganist Shah's regime in 1978-79 were about 2800 people..but after mullahs came in power they executed thousands politic objectors in first years of their ruling period..the worst what they still run non-stop execution punsihment againist politic crimes..

i agree partially with you about execution...for some inhumanly crimes executions needed just like US does...yet it shoul be done not like in iran.
but what about politic executions?...how a regime could have right to execute citizens who act opposite to herself or assert an idea againist regime...politic executions quite common in iran..tomorrow if those victims of execution are proven right in their causes then how could you bring back them from graves to life.?

from i knnow total death tolls of uprisings aganist Shah's regime in 1978-79 were about 2800 people..but after mullahs came in power they executed thousands politic objectors in first years of their ruling period..the worst what they still run non-stop execution punsihment againist politic crimes..

Yes,political, execution where high in first years after 1979,and it still exists,but in much lesser numbers.You can barely see them now.But I don't deny there are still unfair and unnecessary executions in Iran.
I never said it is correct and I also object to it.Except the crimes I said, plus major drug trafickers who import drugs to country in mass (not those retail sellers), no one else should be executed.I am certainly against it.

Yes,political, execution where high in first years after 1979,and it still exists,but in much lesser numbers.You can barely see them now.But I don't deny there are still unfair and unnecessary executions in Iran.
I never said it is correct and I also object to it.Except the crimes I said, plus major drug trafickers who import drugs to country in mass (not those retail sellers), no one else should be executed.I am certainly against it.

We are going to submit our score on Guinness World Records, I think!
Capital punishment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, now I got it my dear. Unfortunately political execution is a real shame. Executions of ideas. Is there another country to involve execution of opponent politicians? you are right!

Unfair political executions in Iran? You pathetic liars!!! :)

and it doesnt mean they execute anyone they like you pathetic liar!
get a life liar mongol...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom