What's new

What is your idea about the possibility of secularism in Iran?

The abstract of the post by @S00R3NA's:

Iranian regular people have learned to respect other ideologies, views, religions and cultures ...

If S00R3NA as a respected religious Iranian tells this then it is more valid now.

all the people in Iran use the religion as a tool .

and in my opinion the "Instrumental use of religion" is the biggest enemy of Islam, not west.

a secular one will be treated like this if doesn't obey them.

I think we should face a fact. West is powerful. To the extent their reaction will not harm our nation's interests, the government could move freely. But when there are dangers, the movement should be calculated in any aspects. I mean their reaction may change our interests and this is the sad fact. This will be the rule until we will strong enough to do what we want.

Just look at some of the problems:
Most of people that are in charge ave been chosen because of their religious beliefs not their proficiency,
Our tourism has been destroyed because of the limitations of religious laws,
Millions of talented Iranians and brains have left Iran because of the Muslim extremists,
No one invests in our country and our investor working in Turkey and Gulf states because of our government's crazy limitations and politics and ...

A well known story! unfortunately!

Religion in a personal belief and shouldn't be a part of the government. Iran needs a secular government which respects all the religions, cultures and etc.

In my opinion, a neutral government will help more to save the nation beliefs.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is wrong with you?
Why everyone has gone on Internet Jihad mode? @Surenas: What you choose for your avatar, as long as it's following forum rules, is your business.But you can't insult a person that other persons respect him, especially leader of a country.

@ Others: It's just an avatar, I don't think you can force him to change it.So don't derail the thread please.

era... dont delete posts... dont be dictator

I don't have personal problems with you, as long as you insult, I can not ignore your posts.It's not a dictatorship.

hey.no matter who you are,plz respect others and do not insult.

Surenaz,you yourself do not follow your beloved secularism.dont expect other to do so.

What is wrong with you?
Why everyone has gone on Internet Jihad mode? @Surenas: What you choose for your avatar, as long as it's following forum rules, is your business.But you can't insult a person that other persons respect him, especially leader of a country.

Boro baba. I can insult every political leader I want to. If you don't like it, you can join the IRI local government.

Boro baba. I can insult every political leader I want to. If you don't like it, you can join the IRI local government.

No you can't. When you insult, others insult back and this place goes out of control.This is a forum, not a jungle.
You can criticize him and say why you hate him, but you can't insult him (or any other political leader).I'm not supporting any side here,I'm just doing my duty as a mod.

Now stop this conversation here and stick to the thread.

Don't mix political independence with economical one.Although they have a good influence on each other, but they are still 2 different things.I'm sure you agree with me that NK is one of the most independent countries in the world, politically,but due to sanctions and its ideology, it's isolated.we are in the exact stage where China was in 70s, until U.S understood it can not ignore this important player anymore.but regarding Iran,it's a matter of 'big if' that U.S will do the same thing or not,like it did for China.

That it why i'm saying; according to Iranian definition of independence, there is no such thing as 'politically independent country' other than North Korea.

In todays world, every country has to shape its policies due to outside pressure time to time in order to protect its interests, or will be isolated like NK and Iran. For example, Russia does not agree with the sanctions that has been imposed on Iran by the West, but it's also not selling weapons to Iran...

No you can't. When you insult, others insult back and this place goes out of control.This is a forum, not a jungle.
You can criticize him and say why you hate him, but you can't insult him (or any other political leader).I'm not supporting any side here,I'm just doing my duty as a mod.

Now stop this conversation here and stick to the thread.

These people like it to be told how to behave, what to wear, what to eat, etc... so do not hesitate to use your power. Besides, at least two of these new Iranian members are fake account of someone else.

These people like it to be told how to behave, what to wear, what to eat, etc... so do not hesitate to use your power. Besides, at least two of these new Iranian members are fake account of someone else.

Indeed. They should be banned; those clone accounts.

era... dont delete posts... dont be dictator

You have to follow forum rules, otherwise this place will turn into a toilet. And that goes for the people who disagree with you too. Without somebody like Era, you won't even have the chance to express your opinion here. It will just be sh1t slinging fest like so many other forums.

intresting question...
I think secularism is the opposite point of today condition of Iran!!...I think both are too radical!!
Both have weakness..
the solution is somewhere in middle...
we not live in black-white world

The abstract of the post by @S00R3NA's:

If S00R3NA as a respected religious Iranian tells this then it is more valid now.

and in my opinion the "Instrumental use of religion" is the biggest enemy of Islam, not west.

I think we should face a fact. West is powerful. To the extent their reaction will not harm our nation's interests, the government could move freely. But when there are dangers, the movement should be calculated in any aspects. I mean their reaction may change our interests and this is the sad fact. This will be the rule until we will strong enough to do what we want.

A well known story! unfortunately!

In my opinion, a neutral government will help more to save the nation beliefs.

Very well said. As cynical as it may seem, one of the reasons why I appreciate the IR, is that it's demonstrating to the Iranian people in very practical terms, why it's a very bad idea to have government and dogmatic ideological tendencies (especially religion) be mixed with one another. But that understanding and expectation is driven by the people. Back in 1980, when the Iranians were going to vote for the Islamic Republic system they didn't have the faintest idea of the pros and cons of secularism and what it means and looks like. Today, they're a lot more mature and informed and can more intelligently appraise the concept and its merits. And that kind of maturity can only be gained through difficult experiences, followed by introspection, soul searching and self-accountability.

do you have any example ( other than Hijab ) ?

All the other religions are limited in Iran , Hijab is another problem which is embarrassing , You can't find a Jew , Christian or Zoroastrian in important positions , Jew workers were fired after the revolution ( the example is in a factory located in Shiraz ) , Thousands of Jews and Baha'i people were killed or deported and ...

I don't say that all those Jews or Baha'i were innocent as they had problem but deporting all of them is both unfair and crazy . Many people say they were against shiism and a danger and their religion had been created against shiism . But the question is that how could they be dangerous while they had lived amongst Iranian Muslims for at least a century ? ( I'm talking about their regular people not the extremist ones ) . Just look at India , If they wanted to treat like our way there wouldn't be any sign of peace and development there .

I appreciate the leader of Iranian revolution Imam Khomeini and his way but look , our governors , managers and society is not similar to what he asked and wanted . You need to read his will to get that he had augured our current condition . He clearly writes that if our governors , managers and every single person in Iran works for his personal benefits not people and country then the Islamic nation will be fallen from inside .

I'll give an example:

One of my Jewish friends has a store in Tehran, and he want to sell it to eventually go to Israel, but nobody want to pay an market-value price for his store, because he is a Jew.

intresting question...
I think secularism is the opposite point of today condition of Iran!!...I think both are too radical!!
Both have weakness..
the solution is somewhere in middle...
we not live in black-white world

We are here to discuss the cons, too. Tell us why do you think secularism is radical? We are eager to know about any possible weaknesses of secularism.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom