What's new

What is your idea about the possibility of secularism in Iran?

There is a thin line between foreign influence and independence. Every single country on earth is shaping some of its policies due to foreign influence. USA, as the most influential country is affecting the policy making process of almost every country, including Iran.

With that being said, i see that many Iranians tend to think their country is independent, and labelling others as not being so. But the thing is, according to their definition of independence, Iran is not independent either. Iran's economy has taken a huge damage from the foreign influence a.k.a. sanctions, and it is almost completely isolated.

Do you think what Iranian politicians are doing right now is the best for the country? Do you think, Iran is independent?

As I mentioned, independence in economy is meaningless.You can not be economically independent in today's world.Every country has somethings that others don't have.

Politically,yes,Iran is independent.Because what the rulers do is what they believe in it (right or wrong),not the orders from outsideers.But the question that if these actions benefit Iran or not is another story.The establishment (and naturally its followers) believe their actions benefit Iran and pushes it towards self reliant and decreasing dependence on oil.A large portion of our economy is based on oil and crossing this phase needs time and has many difficulty.They think sanctions are a forced way for us to decrease our dependence on oil.
On the other side, the opponets think Iran should give some concessions to west in order for its economy to survive.You can find different opinions about this Iran.So my answer won't represent Iran.But I believe, we are not strong enough yet to stand against world powers and defy their policies , even if they are against us.We have done many mistakes while we could do much better with some cleverness and politics.

Don't mix political independence with economical one.Although they have a good influence on each other, but they are still 2 different things.I'm sure you agree with me that NK is one of the most independent countries in the world, politically,but due to sanctions and its ideology, it's isolated.we are in the exact stage where China was in 70s, until U.S understood it can not ignore this important player anymore.but regarding Iran,it's a matter of 'big if' that U.S will do the same thing or not,like it did for China.

Although I'm a shia but I believe that religion is a personal belief at all . We shouldn't force others to do what we want .

do you have any example ( other than Hijab ) ?

do you have any example ( other than Hijab ) ?
When official religion of the country is Islam, that explains everything.
The constitution is written according to Islam.
Limiting people from certain things in name of Islam.Many people don't believe alcohol is haram and drink it. What about them?
Internet censorship? Religious organizations that spend huge chunk of budget?Forcing Hijab as you mentioned.Arresting girls and boys in many occasion.Our society is being destroyed,some people are blind to see it.

Look at corruption in our country.Economic problems.All people blame these problems on Islam.2 things are being destroyed in our country: Islam and society. So secularism is needed to save both Islam and Iran.

I know, but maybe I really turn in to a beetle! Who knows?

Anyway,Kollang, you didn't answer the thread I think, do you believe in secularism or not? And why?

^^^^
Provide your facts.Also show me a religious country as an example who is not secular and has a good economy,industry and also is a democracy.

me?:astagh:
do you want me to turn into beetle?
era hanuz nagerefti darim shukhi mikonim?

Yes I got it.I know you are joking.

I'm just interested to know why you don't believe in secularism.and why current situation is better.After all, you must have your own reasons, right?

Back
Top Bottom