What's new

What is your idea about the possibility of secularism in Iran?

I have a general question regarding the government of Iran. What do they gain from forcing the female part of the population to wear hejab, by enforcing gender separation in schools/public, public executions and such? To me, such actions do not directly promote a good relationship between government and people, which is not in the interest of any involved parties.

If women want to wear hejab, it seems only logical to allow them to do so. In contrast, if a woman does not wish to do so, then why force the individual?

you started with mongol alike attack against me an d soheil and my people and i told you the reality in return.

now plz STFU cause you are wasting our time.

My girlfriend is from İzmir and I find it pretty offensive. I don't know about Iranians, but if Soheil could be right there probably I would beat the **** out of him after his words. Cemal was trying to contribute to subject but Soheil came and derailed him.

You can use Mongol as an insult towards me, but we did share our language and we lived with them for years. We are coming from the same stock, you know.

Anyways, now I started to think that Karaj is full with ***** houses. Peace to you people.

I have a general question regarding the government of Iran. What do they gain from forcing the female part of the population to wear hejab, by enforcing gender separation in schools/public, public executions and such? To me, such actions do not directly promote a good relationship between government and people, which is not in the interest of any involved parties.

There is a sizable segment which supports it, iranian govt is not doing everything that is completely against what people want, otherwise they will lose power.
And some of it might be cultural as well. (gender segregation)

It's just a matter of time. Time will change things. Just compare Today with 30,20 and 10 years ago. You will see how things are getting better.As Iranian members know, 30 years ago owning a video player used to be considered as a crime!! Now almost every home has a satellite dish! This is something out of government's control...

Secular iranian state may work, someone trying to 'secularise' the 'society' won't. Exactly what the puppet king tried and failed.

but that puppet was a dictator, who fallowed anti religion policy not secularism. Secularism as freedom for everyone was meaningless in his era.

It's just a matter of time. Time will change things. Just compare Today with 30,20 and 10 years ago. You will see how things are getting better.As Iranian members know, 30 years ago owning a video player used to be considered as a crime!! Now almost every home has a satellite dish! This is something out of government's control...

exactly!@Surenas , @Abii: do you know by 2019 Iranian women can enter footbal staudiums?do you know since few weeks ago women are allowed to ride engine bikes?
believe me,regime is changing but change needs time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because it's labeled as an illegal branch of Islam that deviates its teachings.

Personally, I would like a secular Iran.But it shouldn't be mistaken with 'Anti-Religion' Iran. You can't separate Iranian society from religion, but I think it's better to have a law based on non-religious views,hence rights of people from all kinds of beliefs is preserved.
I prefer a Secular Iran that respects rights of every single Iranian with any kind of belief: from hardliner Muslims, Christians, Jews Zoroastrians to Atheists and Non-believers. No one should be prosecuted for his beliefs as long as it's not hurting the society or people.

Current problem of Iran is not the system, Rules or Government. I think sanctions are the real problem. I do agree that more freedom can be given for other religious groups.

In my view Iran is doing exceptionally well and showed great achievements. Unlike our politicians and political system Iran has much better system and legislators.

Many of Iranian legislators are really patriotic, many even fought bravely against saddam without caring for their life. This shows that they are ready to sacrifice anything for their country. I am sure very less politicians in the world qualify this.

You have one of the most honest president in the world (Hugo chavez is another ex). May be some of his decisions you may not agree. But he is really simple, logical, honest and wants to bring fwd his country. He is not living in palace, not at all corrupt. not wasting countries resource to his personal gains.

As i remember you have more educated people than us, this means that your current system focuses more on education as well.

Reason for above are you are having a religious system, which is giving a correct result. Then why need to abandon it?

Why Iran has the strict rules to restrict freedom? Because people attracts to evil easily. What iran considers as modesty and decency west consider opposite to it as symbol of modern.
It is also fact and US openly claimed many times that it spends lot of money covert operations in Iran. So Iran fears most of the western items and try to forcefully block it.

If there is a sizable segment supporting it, then I don't see the point of enforcing it.
Govt wants everybody to adhere to their socio religious prescription for which there is already sizable support. Where do the people in regime come from? Outerspace?
Its not like the regime is exactly unpopular in everything, they are smart enough not to annoy people too much. Also, using anti americanism to garner support even from those who dont exactly like them, is a smart move.

LOL, reading all the hateful comments, I think Iran will never become secular or modern. Maybe if Iran get's divided after a war with internal and external players, seperate states can be formed, divided amongst lines of religious states and secular states.

the guy is probably a cosmokh from cosmos.

you see? I thought Turks never say bad about Iran? Go on youtube and see all hateful comments from Turks insulting Iranians. You want be to screenshot them for you? Please all Turks, stop commenting in Iran section. Forget a country called Iran exists. We don't care about you, stop caring about us.

its impossible 2 make a country Islamic republic if majority are not religious.

though PDF iranians surprises me.

Back
Top Bottom