Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Undergraduate student

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Graduate and working

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Post graduate Studies

Votes: 33 36.3%

• Total voters
Well I too used to get jealous of people who completed their PhDs in their 20s.

I know some people who completed their phd by around 28. That is ok. But 24 is too early to complete PHD.

I had the same offer of 3 years(Masters and PhD) from McGill Uni(Top most in Canada if am not wrong), so you are obviously misinformed.

My university is in the top 50 world ranking, so thats the education quality in Australia for you :rolleyes:

In most of the places it is clearly written 4 year is required for Phd. But for masters and phd both you must have a masters degree to be promoted to phd unless you have been granted to do phd for a better result in your masters and transfer to phd after finishing the course work.

Ok I will look at Mcgill whether it allow both masters and phd in 3 years or not.

I know some people who completed their phd by around 28. That is ok. But 24 is too early to complete PHD.

In the US I think of if you are brilliant you can go directly in to a PhD program after completing your bachelors

In the US I think of if you are brilliant you can go directly in to a PhD program after completing your bachelors

But in our university it is not permitted and even in USA such cases are very rare.

Mcgill require at least 3 year for PHD but if any one has suitable master from Mcgill or from recognized university it can be reduced to 2 years. So it require at least 2+2=4 years.
Program Information | Electrical and Computer Engineering - McGill University

The normal residency requirement for the Ph.D. degree is three (3) years of full-time study. However, candidates with a suitable M.Eng. degree from McGill or from an approved institution may be permitted to reduce this to two years. Following the residency requirement, students must register on a full-time basis for one more year, before continuing on as an additional session student to the completion of the program. Students are permitted four (4) years beyond the residency requirement to complete the program.

I had the same offer of 3 years(Masters and PhD) from McGill Uni(Top most in Canada if am not wrong), so you are obviously misinformed.

My university is in the top 50 world ranking, so thats the education quality in Australia for you :rolleyes:

And for quality some universities of UK such as Manchester and Nottingham are within top 100 and admit any student but their real quality is well known.

And for quality some universities of UK such as Manchester and Nottingham are within top 100 and admit any student but their real quality is well known.

Yes am very dumb thats why i finished my PhD by 25, my university is very shyte thats why its ranked in top 50, and I know nothing thats why I make over 150K annually.

:cheesy:

Yes am very dumb thats why i finished my PhD by 25, my university is very shyte thats why its ranked in top 50, and I know nothing thats why I make over 150K annually.

:cheesy:

If you have any achievement you really deserve credit for that. But in US & Canada or even Germany and Sweden it is unusual to permit and give away both masters and phd degree together in 3 years. Nothing personal.

I am only high school educated. University is a complete waste of time and money in my country atleast. After completing your course, you are not guaranteed a job.

In my job currently, i am earning more money than most uni grads and living very comfortably.

well you are certainly not much educated atleast, where do you earn?? mcdonalds?

Even in UK you can go for 3 year full time PhD right after Bachelors. In US too, but it's somewhere around 6 years.

i think we can have a little experience(job) first before going for opppss PHD??

im first year mechanical engineering ( 2 years fail)

(j/k)

If you have any achievement you really deserve credit for that. But in US & Canada or even Germany and Sweden it is unusual to permit and give away both masters and phd degree together in 3 years. Nothing personal.

If you are smart enough you can. Usually it takes 3.5 -4 years for M.Eng+PhD. At our uni if you finish undergrad with a Honors I, you get exemptions that allows you to finish it in three years.

As I said I had the exact same option from McGill with scholarship mind you :partay: Just cause you can't, doesn't mean its not possible.

Mocking some one because one does not have (or choose to have) a college education ? Pretty lame

Did you know billionaires Bill Gates & Steve Jobs had no college degree to show

well, bill gates was a harvard drop out

im not mocking someone, i was just replyling to him when he said that uni education is just a waste of time, we are not wasting our time and money are v??

24 Political Science Uni of ??? in Denmark

Have to keep my identity secret :/

your future is AK party then :rofl:

well you are certainly not much educated atleast, where do you earn?? mcdonalds?
That was rude !
What is the use of your college education if it does not translate into humbleness.

Old Hindi Saying: "Only those trees bend which are laden with fruits"

Back
Top Bottom