What is your caste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erhabi

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am not a racist or to be more precise 'Taasub Pasand' :D .Iive made this thread just to gain more knowledge about Pakistan and the people living in this country...I also want to know the caste of Indian members here...n It will be good If you guys also post some history about your own caste..

I am Awan btw

Sir Lepel Henry Griffin states:
"All branches of the tribe are unanimous in stating that they originally came from the neighbourhood of Ghazni to India, and all trace their genealogy to Hasrat Ali the son-in-law of the Prophet. Kutab Shah, who came from Ghazni with Sultan Mahmud, was the common ancestor of the Awans.'

In the opening to his account of the Awan tribe, H. A. Rose comments:
"The Awans are an important tribe, exclusively Muhammadan."

The Awans were amongst those the British considered to be "martial races" and as such, formed an important part of the British Indian Army. In particular, the Awans formed part of the core Muslim group recruited by the British during the First and Second World Wars.:cry: tht was stupid

Philip Edward Jones:
"The Awan Tribe is perhaps the most heavily recruited tribe for the Pakistan Army. :azn:

John Henry Hutton has said of the Awans:
"They are exclusively Muslim and probably the descendants of some of the earlier Muslim invaders of the tenth century or earlier."

Notable Awans in History :

Lance Naik Sher Shah (VC) Awan (Recipient of the Victoria Cross, the highest recognition for valour “in the face of the enemy” that was awarded to British Empire personnel)

Subedar Hajji Fateh Khan Awan (Recipient of the Indian Order of Merit and the Italy Star)

Air Marshal Nur Khan (Commander in Chief of the Pakistan Air Force, 1965–69, Governor of West Pakistan, 1969–70, and recipient of the Hilal-i-Jurat, Pakistan’s second highest military award. A close relative of Malik Amir Mohammad Khan)

Lieutenant General Abdul Qayyum (Former chairman of Pakistan Ordnance Factories, and former chairman of Pakistan Steel Mills. Recipient of the Hilal-i-Imtiaz, Pakistan’s second highest civilian award, and the highest medal award that can be given to those who have attained the rank of Lieutenant General

Lieutenant Colonel Qazi Altaf Hussain (Eldest son of Qazi Zafar Hussain. Served in the 11th Prince Albert Victor's Own Cavalry (Frontier Force) Regiment, and former Commandant of the Zhob Militia)

Ahmad Nadeem Qasimi (Renowned author, poet and journalist. Founded, published and edited the prestigious literary journal Funoon, served as Secretary of the Progressive Writers Movement and was a recipient of the President’s Pride of Performance, the Pakistan Academy of Letters Lifetime Achievement award, as well as the Sitara-i-Imtiaz for Literature)

Sultan Bahu (Sufi poet-saint. Founded the Sarwari Qadiri Sufi order)

Bhai im an Indian :agree:

Then im a santan dharmee(hindu):azn:

Then im a baniya ;)

he he he he he he he;)

Mujhe to lagta tha musalmano me zaat paat nahee hotee aur pakistanies are purest of pure then how come jaat paat there castesm is a hindu concept isnt it :rofl::rofl:

I am not a racist or to be more precise 'Taasub Pasand' :D .Iive made this thread just to gain more knowledge about Pakistan and the people living in this country...I also want to know the caste of Indian members here...n It will be good If you guys also post some history about your own caste..

I am Awan btw

"All branches of the tribe are unanimous in stating that they originally came from the neighbourhood of Ghazni to India, and all trace their genealogy to Hasrat Ali the son-in-law of the Prophet. Kutab Shah, who came from Ghazni with Sultan Mahmud, was the common ancestor of the Awans.'

The Awans were amongst those the British considered to be "martial races" and as such, formed an important part of the British Indian Army. In particular, the Awans formed part of the core Muslim group recruited by the British during the First and Second World Wars.:cry: tht was stupid

Philip Edward Jones:
"The Awan Tribe is perhaps the most heavily recruited tribe for the Pakistan Army. :azn:

"They are exclusively Muslim and probably the descendants of some of the earlier Muslim invaders of the tenth century or earlier."

Lance Naik Sher Shah (VC) Awan (Recipient of the Victoria Cross, the highest recognition for valour “in the face of the enemy” that was awarded to British Empire personnel)

Subedar Hajji Fateh Khan Awan (Recipient of the Indian Order of Merit and the Italy Star)

Air Marshal Nur Khan (Commander in Chief of the Pakistan Air Force, 1965–69, Governor of West Pakistan, 1969–70, and recipient of the Hilal-i-Jurat, Pakistan’s second highest military award. A close relative of Malik Amir Mohammad Khan)

Lieutenant General Abdul Qayyum (Former chairman of Pakistan Ordnance Factories, and former chairman of Pakistan Steel Mills. Recipient of the Hilal-i-Imtiaz, Pakistan’s second highest civilian award, and the highest medal award that can be given to those who have attained the rank of Lieutenant General

Lieutenant Colonel Qazi Altaf Hussain (Eldest son of Qazi Zafar Hussain. Served in the 11th Prince Albert Victor's Own Cavalry (Frontier Force) Regiment, and former Commandant of the Zhob Militia)

Ahmad Nadeem Qasimi (Renowned author, poet and journalist. Founded, published and edited the prestigious literary journal Funoon, served as Secretary of the Progressive Writers Movement and was a recipient of the President’s Pride of Performance, the Pakistan Academy of Letters Lifetime Achievement award, as well as the Sitara-i-Imtiaz for Literature)

Malik Abdullah .. wt about u?

shia,sunni, sufi, salafi, Hanafi, maliki.. wt are u among these?

Atleast one should know where he belong to...where his family came from...i am proud of being a Pakistani..but tht doesn't mean I shud forget my lineage..As i said in the start its just for general knowledge so Indians If u cooperate with me Ill be very thankful to u guys:)

Malik Abdullah .. wt about u?

shia,sunni, sufi, salafi, Hanafi, maliki.. wt are u among these?

Oh the son of lohar! these are sects m talking about castes here :D

I am Awan btw

Philip Edward Jones:

muslim,,pakistani ,then lashari baloch.....chakar rind had destroyed our lashari 's tribe but sher shah suri took revenge of it :P

Atleast one should know where he belong to...where his family came from...i am proud of being a Pakistani..but tht doesn't mean I shud forget my lineage..As i said in the start its just for general knowledge so Indians If u cooperate with me Ill be very thankful to u guys:)

why should u ask going around in threads asking for family details... what general knowledge u get of caste? u can google about castes if u have browser.

what next ???siZe of underwear?? what time u sleep? what time u faart???

Oh the son of lohar! these are sects m talking about castes here :D

sects and caste are basically same...

muslim,,pakistani ,then lashari baloch.....chakar rind had destroyed our lashari 's tribe but sher shah suri took revenge of it :P

here are ur origins

According to the Balochi narration, Lashari's are descended from Qureshi Arabs from the generation of Hazrat Ameer Hamza. The Balochs living in Aleppo, largest city of Syria, were confederates of Hazrat Imam Hussain against Yazid I, second Caliph of the Umayyad Caliphate. The caliph ejected Hazrat Imam Hussain, so they left Aleppo and migrated to Balochistan.

here are ur origins

According to the Balochi narration, Lashari's are descended from Qureshi Arabs from the generation of Hazrat Ameer Hamza. The Balochs living in Aleppo, largest city of Syria, were confederates of Hazrat Imam Hussain against Yazid I, second Caliph of the Umayyad Caliphate. The caliph ejected Hazrat Imam Hussain, so they left Aleppo and migrated to Balochistan.

yes i know ........:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom