What's new

What is your caste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trollcaste!

img-thing

Syrian christian, Jacobite (Orthodox)
originally converted jews from middle east, i think

I am a Kayastha. Our traditional role is being the record keeper or administrator of the state. Mostly into civil service. But during the mughal rule(for bengali kayathas) most of us became zamindars

But not sure which varna does my caste belong to. Some sources considers us as being in between brahmins and kshatriyas, some as higher than kshatriyas, some as rich shudras. Maybe someone can help me here?

It is said that the rulers of the pala empire which spanned 4.6 million km2 and the sena empire were kayasthas. But these claims remain open to debate

Veerappan also was a gounder right?

No he was a Vanniyar...apparently over the years they also seem to have started attaching Kounder to their caste name for a social image change.

The only original Kounders out there are the Kongu Vellalars and Pala Vellalars.

Malik Abdullah .. wt about u?

shia,sunni, sufi, salafi, Hanafi, maliki.. wt are u among these?

then Vaish, Shoodar, khastaris etc etc......what are you among these???

I was born to parents of the Vaidya caste.

It was necessary to answer before going on, to avoid a complaint of being uncooperative. My caste will make no sense to you, or even 70 to 80% of the other indian members. Far from giving you extra information, it will confuse you.

Feel free, and I hope you get something out of the exercise. :pop:

So what are you Sengupta Dasgupta or just Sen or Das Joe??

I am bhumihar too,.. And i am also confused about my caste.. But I am happy that my caste doesn't use reservation and depends on merits..:tup:
Bhumihars are the sons of Parshuram, who was born as a brahmin but he was killing the kshatriya so we are combination of brahmin and kshatriya. Some bhumihar have a habit of eating non-veg, I don't eat.:sick:

i am bhumihar too:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom