What's new

What is the purpose of life?

Human beings can ultimately become one with this higher reality, but only if they change how they see and behave in the world.

Why should there be any purpose for anything? Don you think it is arrogance that we are here for a "purpose"? in this grand scheme of things, do we even matter? do our thoughts or actions matter? what is our sphere of influence? a mere speck in the vast universe is the earth.

There is a theory that says we are a manifestation of the universe itself trying to know itself. That's possibly my most plausible answer but still doesnt convince me at all.

That is Hindu philosophy of maya. We are put in this illusion to discover our true self.

It depends upon what working stream u choose in life . For example the purpose of life for a Brahman is to follow his religion and preach good values whereas the purpose for a soldier would be to protect the boundaries at any cost ; life long , while a doctor would feel he is born to cure and protect people .

The purpose of life is to go with time/

-Skies

it's funny no religious people answering this question, especially Muslims. Unfortunately there is no questioning or reasoning among muslims anymore, we are taught to just follow our mullahs/imams blindly, without questioning anything. What is the purpose of religion then? if it fails to answer the most critical of questions?

it's funny no religious people answering this question, especially Muslims. Unfortunately there is no questioning or reasoning among muslims anymore, we are taught to just follow our mullahs/imams blindly, without questioning anything. What is the purpose of religion then? if it fails to answer the most critical of questions?

what is the islamic answer to the question?

The purpose of life is to make money, reproduce, live like a king :chilli:

I dont know, however I know most typical muslim answer will to "worship God" this is the simplest and easiest way out of this critical question, they can't explain it

well thats true for most religious people of all religion... and about any difficult question that we dont think we have answer for.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom