What's new

What is the Best fighter jet for Pakistan Navy Aviation?

I have been reading this thread with interest. However, I would like to point out that before going into long "My Wish list session," and to have a meaningful discussion, it would be advisable if the mission requirement/parameters and a target for cost of operations are set for the proposed naval fighter!!!;-)

haha nice try teja, your words are same like your name.. :P

to me F 35 can be good option, but i think they are far away from Pakistan's requirements right now. We need to save our money to upgrade JF-17 , J 10b and J-XX in future, also we need to do alot in our avionics and other sophisticated equipment. So no need to look for F35 right now at all..

to me F 35 can be good option, but i think they are far away from Pakistan's requirements right now. We need to save our money to upgrade JF-17 , J 10b and J-XX in future, also we need to do alot in our avionics and other sophisticated equipment. So no need to look for F35 right now at all..

Well That is true aswell.... Hey, is JF-17 naval varient there??

The navy needs ships and destroyers /navies

Mirages we have and Thunder are enough of airsupport

Ideally :- 40-50 F-18 Super Hornet

But Realistically:-
30-40 Mirage V,III ,ROSE (We already have 12+ Mirage V)
30 J-17 Block II (Not Block I)
Support Role:- 10-12 F-16 Block 52 or J-10B (till 2015)

Keeping in mind Indian current and fture fleet
Indian Current Fleet
18 (apprx) Sea Harrier jets
4 Mig 29
Support Role:- 10-12 SEPECAT Jaguar and 10-12 Sukhoi Su-30MKI

Indian Future Fleet
46 = 30+12 MiG-29K and 4 MiG-29KUB would be replacing sea Harrier
Support Role:- 10-12 SEPECAT Jaguar and 10-12 Sukhoi Su-30MKI

The only thing new in the plan is cost for 5-6 subs, 5-6 more frigates and 3 destroyers and harrier fleet and 1 Aircraft carier

An aircraft career is must for Pakistan - so that the Pakistani seas can be protected from pirates - and smugglers -

:hang2:

You really like Aircraft carrier dont you ?? :D

some of these threads are funny and i do enjoy reading them :))) people are so enthusiastic about what PN should get.

we can get all the jets f 18, j11, jxx, etc etc but where will we fly from, from all your head :)

First we need is an establishment" Pakistan Naval Aviation Wing" or PNAF you all know what that is.

Then we need is a base a head quarters to fly these jets and coast guard planes.
Option 1: the navy can build a new base on the south west between hub and gadani.
Option 2: Extand and share masroor base. prefer option 1.

mirage 5 is already been used the number should be increased to atleast 70 to 80 aircraft as they get transfered from the airforce while inducting the new JF17 this will take the load off the airforce in khi. as all naval rutine operations can be managed by the navy. I would like to see J10 replace these mirages in next few years.

Twin engine aircrafts, have longer recon capabilities, if we can get them from the chinese and the navy has got funds and is interested then Jh7 would be awsome, obviously up graded to our requirements.

Last edited:
J-10C super-10 is not meant for export and china is keen to use it domestically with secrecy so the possibility for PAF getting J-10C before 2025 is very very slim. Right now only J-10B is a export variant opened for any Chinese friendly customers like Venezuela, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc.

Super-10 IS J-10B, not J-10C.

J-10C was supposed to be a naval variant to be used on China's aircraft carriers, but I think they might choose to use modified Su-33 instead.

J-11B is merely a minor upgrades over soviet su-27 systems.

The J-11B is not an exact clone of the Su-27SK, despite the commonly held view this is so. The airframe and engines can be considered to be 'cloned' but the systems are mostly unique to this variant.

The airframe has been improved over the Su-27 by reducing RCS and use of composites to reduce weight.

The engines, although currently using russian AL-31, will be replaced by WS-10 or WS-15.

Back
Top Bottom