What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate not only Pakistan...Patients from all over the world come to India for treatment.

A new term "Medical Tourism" coined specifically for that.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/healthcare/gfx/medtourism_map400final.jpg

Medical tourism in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This might be of help.

med-tourism-cost-comparison.jpg

Yoh to all,
Islamabad and Delhi are the best
Islamabad has beauty and Delhi has the infra and tech!
Both cancel and its a tie!:taz:

I have also heard about AIIMS.and DU,
though i do not know what DU is lol
:rofl:

You do your research first before advising others of ranting..there are many hospitals in India now providing world class facilities at affordable rates..some of the Hospitals in India have lots of Pakistani patients ..Appolo is one of them ..As cool dog said no body is gonna risk their life for cheap treatment..its just your anti Indian mentality thats now speaking..

Yes,

Asia's largest chain of hospitals are owned by Delhi based Fortis Healthcare. They owned one of the best Hospitals across the world.

And Asia's 2nd largest hospital chain is Dr. Prathap C. Reddy's Apollo that has a network of 46 hospitals with 8,065 beds.

Both have their one of the best hospitals at Delhi.

Parkway stake makes Fortis Asia's largest hospital chain

See,
We are patriotic,we love our Pakistan:pakistan:,but we got to admit,that india is ahead of us.
There is no point in slamming and throbbing at one another.
:pakistan:

i don't want to embarrass you.
So am I

1. As if you add rawalpindi the ONLY argument of Pakistanis about so called planned city, beauty etc. will fall flat.
Fine, Islamabad have the population of about 1.8 million, I think its enough for a grown up city, may be more then the population of the capital cities in Europe

2. How many International stadium does Islamabad has??????
already replied you

3. Delhi has International stadium where International sports event get hosed. Delhi has Intentional stadium for all type of sports.
The Jinnah Stadium is a multi purpose stadium which is mainly used for football (soccer). The stadium was also used for the SAF games in 2004, so it makes it an International Stadium,

other then that there is a place in Islamabad called Sports Complex and also Islamabad Club in which are almost all International sports facilities

4. As for universities which ranking you are referring?? links??
National University of Sciences & Technology

I don't wanna further embarrass you guys with the ranking of IIT Delhi, DU, DTU, JNU etc.

Just Google if you want to know.
Why wud you try to embarrass me, couple of universities on the woeld ranking wont make your city cleaner, greener, developed etc, the reason why universities in Islamabad on the top cuz all of them are Private universities (except of NUST and a couple more) and i dont think private universities are included in world ranking, Fact is engineering of NUST university which holds the 293 position world wide is not better then FAST university in Islamabad, but FAST is a private university like COMSATS, GIK, LUMS, Aga Khan University (considered as the best, even alot more then NUST) so it is not included in the World Universities ranking

5. Delhi has one of the most reputed and truly world class hospitals. People from all over the wold comes to Delhi for their treatment.
Agreed, ,most of the best doctors in US, Canada and UK are specifically South Asians mostly Indians

6. Don't talk about future plans as if we told you ours you will faint with shock.
Which future plans was i talking about, Islamabad Airport will be active by the end of this year its not a future plan, by the way wikipedia list i gave you all of them were not future plans, most of them will be active with in this year or the next year, and if I tell you about our future plans which are already under construction like World Trade Center Islamabad, you will literally faint :lol:

We have 200 kms of existing Metro and more then 200 is under construction.
I am aware of that, Many famous capitals of the world dont have such things cuz they dont need it, IMO Islamabad is not huge as Delhi so dont need metro like thing, but still Islamabad will have Islamabad Mass Transits on its way soon cuz Islamabad is expanding its size and we will be needing it in future, i noe its a future project so sorry for mentioning it earlier

Apart from this we have world's largest fleet of environment friendly CNG Bus fleet. Our buses are low floor, high capacity, beautiful, comfortable and even A/c buses at very low ticket prices.

1).Right some of your Buses are environment friendly, but what about Rickshaws and other locomotives are they environmental friendly??

2).Whole Islamabad have the finest road in every corner of the streets, does whole Delhi have that??

3).Does Delhi follow the Traffic rules, like Islamabad??

4).Sorry to remind you that, Delhi still have alot of Slums, But Islamabad dont have slums (Islamabad might have place like "Kachi Abadis" somewhere in the corners which have been taking care of, but they are alot better then slums)

5).Is your whole Delhi cleaner then Islamabad, or atleast greener then Islamabad??

6).Islamabad have many Multi purpose Grounds and Parks in each and every Sector of Islamabad, like I-8 , G-11, G9 etc etc, AND F9 Park (AKA Fatimah jinnah park) largest of all, let me give you some details on it

Fatima Jinnah Park or sometimes known as F-9 park (pointing out the fact that the covered area is spread out through the entire sector) is a public recreational park situated in sector F-9 of Islamabad, Pakistan. The park is considered one of the largest (in terms of covered area) in South East Asia. It was named after the revered "Madre Millat" (Mother of the Nation) Miss Fatima Jinnah- younger sister of the founder of Pakistan.Micheal Japero was the builder of Fatima Park. It took took him five years to come up with the deisgn.

does delhi have that??

7).Islamabad have Markets in every sectors known as "Markaz" they are named after every sector like I-8 Markaz, F-10 Markaz, G-11 Markaz, etc etc and even we have Markazes for every sub sectors like sub sectors of I-8 like I-8/1 Markaz, I-8/2 Markaz, etc etc like in the pic below

85222077_800dbe2564_m.jpg

does Delhi have that??

I will point more things as soon as i remember i know i have missed alot of things regarding Islamabad, some Hospital, couple of high rank universities and your metro doest makes your City the best is south asia, I have answered your queries (everything I told u is reality u either google it or you can ask any of your Indian folk who have recently visited Islamabad) Now please answer mines

Islamabad Rocks :pakistan:

Last edited:
i like this thread; pictures of Isloo and Karachi always make us smile.

Silly/immature posts should be deleted though. TaimiKhan will soon come with his 'daanda' :)

Delhi's universities are the best!
DU,IP,IIT,JNU!
so many
Delhi is very clean and pleasant ,i don't think Islamabad is!

Islamabad is definately the cleanest and greenest capital in South Asia. Anyone who has been to Islamabad would agree. Rikshas are banned in Islamabad because it causes too much pollution.

Please dont compare Delhi to Islamabad. You will never see anything like this in Islamabad.

dirty-delhi-street.JPG

New Delhi, India

i think comparing delhi with lahore will be a better way to go around. islamabad is too new and too small to be compared with delhi....

but given that the title is to do with capitals, u cant forget islamabad.

i think comparing delhi with lahore will be a better way to go around. islamabad is too new and too small to be compared with delhi....

but given that the title is to do with capitals, u cant forget islamabad.

I think both indians and pakistanis are missing the point on this thread. The charater of cities are defined by its people. One needs to put people (past and present) into the city to give it life. History , arts, culture and diversity are essential to make a city exciting apart from the infrastructure. Thats why cities like gritty london, paris, berlin and DC seem more exciting than clean and green Ottawa , canberra or Singapore. Seen from this perspective, I think there is a lot of character to New delhi in terms of history, diversity , arts . Really i cannot comment about Isloo because Ive never been there. So if you want to compare Isloo, compare with Chandigarh which was also created in the 50s . Really I dont think delhi can be compared with any pakistani city because of the sheer diversity o fthe people and things to do there. I would say lahore will be like calcutta (one is Punju dominant and other is bangali), karachi can appear to be similar bombay (finance) and chennai, bangalore and hyderabd(not sure how to compare)

I think both indians and pakistanis are missing the point on this thread. The charater of cities are defined by its people. One needs to put people (past and present) into the city to give it life. History , arts, culture and diversity are essential to make a city exciting apart from the infrastructure. Thats why cities like gritty london, paris, berlin and DC seem more exciting than clean and green Ottawa , canberra or Singapore. Seen from this perspective, I think there is a lot of character to New delhi in terms of history, diversity , arts . Really i cannot comment about Isloo because Ive never been there. So if you want to compare Isloo, compare with Chandigarh which was also created in the 50s . Really I dont think delhi can be compared with any pakistani city because of the sheer diversity o fthe people and things to do there. I would say lahore will be like calcutta (one is Punju dominant and other is bangali), karachi can appear to be similar bombay (finance) and chennai, bangalore and hyderabd(not sure how to compare)

well ya. u r right to quite an extent. but still a rough comparison can be drawn bw delhi and lahore. they both have long history with old architecture. the only problem in that case will be that delhi being a capital is a lot more diverse and obviously important. but keeping the capital feature aside, it can be compared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom