What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colombo

336-1-jaic-hilton-tower-colombo-sri-lanka.jpg

DSC03234.JPG

wwtcgk6.jpg

If you are talking about Natural beauty then Islamabad rules - as it was once called the Switzerland of Asia by the british ambassador.

If you are talking about the infrastructure may be Delhi, Colombo and Kathmandu is better

^^^^ What is that? Is that a criteria to be the best capital? :rofl:

In terms of weather, infrastructure, greenery and terrain, services and most of all the people of Isloo, its unbeatable.

However it takes a strong hit due to Pakistan's overall terrorism problem. It also doesn't have a strong history like Delhi since the city is less than 50 years old.

But still a great city that gives you the ahhhhh feeling.

Other terms like weather, greenery, terrain agree as Islamabad is a planned new city in the hilly areas of Northern Punjab. But interms of infrastructure New Delhi as well ahead of others. The best airport, metro rail, train, roads etc combined I am talking. But personally think Thimpu is very good looking because of its landscapes.

I think somebody needs to get the statistics based on quality of living in these cities.

Well i guess srilankan has left the debate due to no more picture postings.

Let me speak for him.

According to Business-week report on the Worlds most livable cities Colombo is ranked much ahead(136), followed by New Delhi (148) , and Islamabad(158).

Point to be noted is that this for livable city statistics only and Moscow is ranked as low as 171.

I tgink since there is no criteria specified..tough to say which is the best one..thre are many contenders...different cities are special in their own way.

In terms of Political strength and strategic importance it has to be New Delhi, and in terms of beauty and nature i think Islamabad is the best as its very well kept.

I think For Best City foll criteria should be considered.

1)History.
2)Public Infrastructure(Transport)
3)Bussiness Activity
4)Quality Of Life
5)Social Infrastucture like Good Schools,Colleges,Universities,Hospiitals.

Considering these parament I guess New Delhi has a upper hand.

It has rich and vibrant History.
World class edu inst. like IIT Delhi,DCE,NSIT(Engg),AIIMS(medical)
Infrastructure is OK and is improving greatly with Metros,Low floor buses.New Airport.

Quality of life is something which may not be upto the mark.

On Top Of It is Holding a big event Like Common Wealth Games.

And yeah it is the Capital of Incredible INDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom