What's new

What is Pakistan’s national dish? Hint: It’s not daal roti!

it is called Haleem i am from Sialkot and 5 different daals with 5 maghzz (buts) with very little beef
It is a trditional 10 moharram dish here in Sialkot origin from Karbala as per trdaition or sayings when Yazeed's soldier looted every thing nothing left many local peeople from Karbala come to aid these people bring many things a noble lady put every thing in a big Deigh and order to cook (Haleem ingrediants 5 different daals with chaar maghzz and beef) so where the trdition of haleem starts as per history.

Palistan national dish is Biryani and kadahai
Biryani can be cook with mutton, chicken and beef
Kadahai also can be cook with mutton, chicken and beef

Fabulous bro. I don't see there will be lots of differences between Arab (less spicy but better than West) Pakistani and dishes are same except more beef involved in yours lifestyle. I really wonder even this beef eating started in wide scale when Arabs invaded us. As their deserty environment won't be good for cattles either. Bloody I wonder what they had before they invaded bharat. Think about eating mutton beef without pepper, garam masalas or even onions and other veggies added along with all our meat dishes.

Daal and roti has no comparison. Hope you enjoyed one of ur Indian friends who might have thought some nice vegetables curry base...

This post made me so hungry :toast_sign:
completely ,,, wife was a convert ,, she used to be on the opposite poll. she learnt at least 3 or 4 different ways of cooling similar vegetables from Indian sites and people and then introduced her own recipe to them.. compared to beef .. the mutton is more admired in Pakistan .. there ar some Beef specifc dishes like Chapal Kebab though

tell you what.. the maithi does it wonders on dish as well a dried Masoor daal is a king in its own right. its sold as a speciality by our cooks who exhibit it with flavours on a big tawa (pan in front of the restaurant.. mixed with spell of bread at the right time the day it is very hard to resist.

maxresdefault.jpg

as for meat dishes? I prefer the slow cooked less complex dishes
on topic about Pakistan's dish... although i get that there are regional variations but daal roti is pretty common and it will be hard to miss it. sag gosht or saag alu (spinach with meat or potato) I found very common where ever I went.

it is called Haleem i am from Sialkot and 5 different daals with 5 maghzz (buts) with very little beef
thank you.. but I was talking about pure daal dish.. dark greenish in color

I have few confusions in some dishes
I always mix it with Hareesa or another dish which even contains wheat grains or white lobya and/ or mince meat.

completely ,,, wife was a convert ,, she used to be on the opposite poll. she learnt at least 3 or 4 different ways of cooling similar vegetables from Indian sites and people and then introduced her own recipe to them.. compared to beef .. the mutton is more admired in Pakistan .. there ar some Beef specifc dishes like Chapal Kebab though

tell you what.. the maithi does it wonders on dish as well a dried Masoor daal is a king in its own right. its sold as a speciality by our cooks who exhibit it with flavours on a big tawa (pan in front of the restaurant.. mixed with spell of bread at the right time the day it is very hard to resist.

maxresdefault.jpg

on topic about Pakistan's dish... although i get that there are regional variations but daal roti is pretty common and it will be hard to miss it. sag gosht or saag alu (spinach with meat or potato) I found very common where ever I went.

I always mix it with Hareesa or another dish which even contains wheat grains or white lobya and/ or mince meat.

Very inviting brother. Lucky you your wife is one fabulous cook for sure. Try this Ghee rice or white rice, daal gravy with mutton chukka. Simple dishes which will blow your mind. Google OPOS recipes these are innovative guys from South India. U belive me or not these recipes were given to me by my friend who is a Pakistani I stayed with in UK. It stands for One Pot One Shot. All cooked in single shot in a pressure cooker. I had a chance to contacting these guys. I gave their website. I don't remember it but if you Google
OPOS am sure you will find them. Very easy for our mother or wife or even ourself to prepare a treat in just few minutes. Enjoy your daal bro looks really inviting :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

maxresdefault.jpg

No idea about greenish daal dish in moharram but as already mentioned above haleem. I have never encountered green daal dish

Aloo goshat.

Eeks we stole no indian spices its indians who try to steal our ivc identity.

Oh and no pakistani food has a very distinct flavor from indian food. Dont even think of drawing comparisons. Even north indian,south indian and east and north east indian cuisines are so different from each other. Aik to har thread may irritating indians apni kahaniyan utha kay ajatay hain

Pakistani food is the best and rocks!!!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Screenshot_2015-09-23-22-53-35.png
Screenshot_2015-09-23-22-53-14.png
Screenshot_2015-09-23-22-50-53.png

TThese are few from them bhai fabulous dishes do try. You will love it. I have hundreds of them. :P

Chai though not a food still is the most consumed drink in Pakistan. Roti is our national food, because it is the most widely used eatable along Sabzi,Daal and even chawal.
Tea gardens are there in Pakistan ?

Don't know about rest of Pakistan but for the twin cities it is definitely this
images

No amount of kitchen scandals will change that 8-)

What's are these biriyani rice with chicken legs and cutlets or kebab?

:stop:stop posting all those delicious *images*, i cant eat them:pissed:. It is bad to share only images need to share the food too, if not you will get stomach ache:p:.

What's are these biriyani rice with chicken legs and cutlets or kebab?

Shami Kebab.....and thats not biryani

Savour is a food outlet here and you could get this with salad,raita and coke all for just under 2 dollars

12840467715_8ee5398554_b.jpg

Shami Kebab.....and thats not biryani

Savour is a food outlet here and you could get this with salad,raita and coke all for just under 2 dollars

12840467715_8ee5398554_b.jpg

I like that chillies over there.. Enjoy. Fabulous dinner... Nicely placed

you all have made me hungry :taz::p:
now it's time to take haleem out of fridge :p::p::p:

Back
Top Bottom