What's new

What Is Pakistan Real Annual Defense Budget

5)Pak armed forces have giant corp.. companies... frm fertilizer giants,mega cement factories,schools,universities,medical and engineering collages etc.....which provided jobs...etc etc

Why? The armed forces of any country have a specific role, running private companies isnt part of that.

The figure of 35% is based on Half the Personnel Strength with better wages, perquisites, facilities etc. (Don't forget up to 400 Acres of Land)

One third of US$ 35 Billion is nearly US$ 12 Billion and not US$ 10 Billion.

The "actual effects" of the Defence spending be it US$ 7 Billion as you stated and nearly $12 Billion as I feel will be known at the end of Pakistan's Financial Year 2010-2011.

Well i don't buy the better wage and facilities thingy, and even if there is, it would be nominal. Indian defence forces have also given raise to their armed forces in last few years, and Pakistan gave a good rise to its defence forces just last year, that also mostly to those who are in the operational areas. For an example, my bro, a Lieutenant with 2+ years service, even though he was in a hard area and was getting extra allowances for that was getting a salary of 14-15K per month, just recently, he started to get a salary of 24-25K per month, but still the basic pay is same, they just added some extra allowances which can be taken back as he moves to some peace time destination. Wanna believe or not, doesn't matters as I said what I know. Plus, rest of the facilities of both armies would nearly be the same.

And i don;t understand the 400 acre (agri) land comment, if you mean the agri land given to officers, well then to clarify it, not all get it, just a few of them get it mostly the generals, which is also not coming from the defence budget, as this is already army allocated land, and by the way the trend is going down due to non-availability of agri land or scarcity of it, thus in few years time, this would be completely gone too.

And as for the after retirement house and residential plot which are given to the officers, plz do note, its not for free nor it comes from the defence budget. Army officers after joining the armed forces give a specific amount from their salaries, its deducted from their salaries and when they retire, the outstanding amount is paid by the officers after which they get the house, thus they pay for it not for free. Same case for the residential plots they get, they keep paying for its installments and even after retirement they keep giving it.

Do note, these things don't come out of the govt defence budget, these things are raised from internal sources as well as some other ways, which i have already told in detail a few times, thus in no mood to repeat them again. But all these after retirement things are not taken from the defence budget. Even after retirement, army officers don't get the whole pension, they get a deducted amount if they are doing some job, thus majority since do indulge in jobs, thus they don't get their full pensions.

Except for last 2 years, i don't recall when the last time defence budget went out of the budgeted amount.

And for the last 2 years, external factors were involved which made them cross the targets, mostly due to the exchange rate factor as in last 2 years the rupee to dollar exchange rate has fallen thus more funds were required, 2nd major thing which let to the imbalance was the salary raise, which was not expected to happen, mid year it was given, which impacted the defence budget. Since no more raise in salaries are expected this year, no major operations taking place, thus the budget of this year would most probably be managed in limit of may be though less chance, breach the limit of sanctioned budget, but not atleast by the figure that you just quoted.

You are giving a 5B US$ excess, which is too much, even during the high time of operations last year, we did not cross that limit.

7-8B US$ is the figure and would hardly cross it.

Why? The armed forces of any country have a specific role, running private companies isnt part of that.

But we aren't alone.

Anyway, they are for some specific purpose / purposes, and they have great economic value to the country as well as economy and they pay their taxes to the govt.

TamiKhan.

You posted a PAK defense budget of $7 billion. which is fine you even listed how its split.

But you made no mention of how new weapons are funded like Thunder F22 fRIGATES, R & D and the nuke programme.

With indian budget of $35 billion its all included.

Your $7 billion excludes all of these.

Hence the reason for this wat you call WEIRD POST

I call it a very good question.

You are giving a 5B US$ excess, which is too much, even during the high time of operations last year, we did not cross that limit.

7-8B US$ is the figure and would hardly cross it.

irshadsalim28: What was the defense budget for the year 2001?

asidd66: 131 billion. If u add these numbers the budget would escalate to over Rs. 400 billion

The Pakistani Defence Budget was Estimated to be Pak Rupees 400 Billion in 2001

A 10% Annual Increase (very conservative - could be 15%) it would be about Pak Rupees 1,000 Billion which at Pak Rs 87 = US$ 1 would equate to US$ 11.7 Billion.

I am sure you will dispute the figure given by the Ex-Director of Naval Research with Pakistan Navy.

Well I would believe the Ex-Director of Naval Research with Pakistan Navy!

irshadsalim28: What was the defense budget for the year 2001?

asidd66: 131 billion. If u add these numbers the budget would escalate to over Rs. 400 billion

The Pakistani Defence Budget was Estimated to be Pak Rupees 400 Billion in 2001

A 10% Annual Increase (very conservative - could be 15%) it would be about Pak Rupees 1,000 Billion which at Pak Rs 87 = US$ 1 would equate to US$ 11.7 Billion.

I am sure you will dispute the figure given by the Ex-Director of Naval Research with Pakistan Navy.

Well I would believe the Ex-Director of Naval Research with Pakistan Navy!

Well, then do give us the things being spend on as such huge budget means, huge influx of weapon systems, which there aren't any.

So do give us the insight on where such huge sum is being spent on.

And the naval director that you are talking about, am well aware of her reputation and what she writes, sorry as per me her credibility is Zero, i am well aware of what she does which many people aren't aware, so don't bring her up infront of me, as she has no worth.

And as per the above figure, plzzz talk with facts and proofs, not just some figures from someone who just writes and says i did the research and the research and its proofs are never showed. Her book was work of fiction, nothing else, not a single proof was given, even in the link provided by you, no proof is given about her figures.

So if you wish to believe her figures without proofs, you are welcome, i don't.

TamiKhan.

You posted a PAK defense budget of $7 billion. which is fine you even listed how its split.

But you made no mention of how new weapons are funded like Thunder F22 fRIGATES, R & D and the nuke programme.

With indian budget of $35 billion its all included.

Your $7 billion excludes all of these.

Hence the reason for this wat you call WEIRD POST

I call it a very good question.

Well if you can keep opening thread after thread with no sense, then atleast do some research about what you are writing also.

JF-17 is being acquired on soft loan, same with F-22Ps on soft loans, and we don't have a huge R&D program, we have limited programs which don't need huge funds. Whatever we buy from China, comes on seller credit, as we don't have the money, which some people think we have by quoting wrong and unsubstantiated figures for the defence budget.

I don't think Indian nuke program is covered in the defence budget, similarly nor does ours. The nuke program is under civilian setup, but yeah any nuke related weapon purchase would be ordered from the defence budget, like missiles and associated stuff.

In my workings, do see the last figure, which is about 1.8B $$, which covers the purchases also, and yeah do remember also, that we were under sanctions for nearly a decade from the US, thus we did not bought any new weapon system, some aircraft from the Chinese on credit, upgrading of old Mirages and stuff like that, yeah Agosta sub was the major deal during the lost decade. So we did safe up some money from that time and after the sanctions were lifted, we went for platforms, plus plzzz do read and research about the weapon systems the defence forces have acquired since 2001 and see how much worth they are, it may then clear it up to you, that how much we spend on procurements and does the defence budget covers it or not.

We hardly buy 1B $$ worth of weapons per year, except for some systems of huge magnitude, like the Spada system, Erieye and the F-16s, which got some funding from the US aid program.

So, next time, do come up with the defence purchases, their figures and then contest how they can be sustained with such meager defence budget.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

this is pakistan actual defence budget

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom