What's new

What is India?

Muse,

Don't worry about India.

Worry about Pakistan!

In a hurry or else would have replied in detail!

All I will say there are many ''Johnny Come Lately" who touch the shores of teh West and suddenly discover deodorants, forgetting that we too have them and unlike them are not of the Walmart class!

Salim

I would appreciate If would refrain from engaging me. For me, you are a disappontment, for someone who claims to have been a brigadier, you do not even exhibit the wal-mart class's restraint. Impress us, please think.

Muse,

Don't worry about India.

Worry about Pakistan!

In a hurry or else would have replied in detail!

All I will say there are many ''Johnny Come Lately" who touch the shores of teh West and suddenly discover deodorants, forgetting that we too have them and unlike them are not of the Walmart class!

Rightly said specially after scanning the forum one comes to know about how many "Johnny Come Lately" from across the border ;)

Salim

I would appreciate If would refrain from engaging me. For me, you are a disappontment, for someone who claims to have been a brigadier, you do not even exhibit the wal-mart class's restraint. Impress us, please think.
muse,
He needn't claim anything. He IS a Retd. Brigadier.
And why are you disappointed?
Your connivance in this forum is the vindication that you want to exchange views. Or is it the otherway out?

I'm disappointed because a reaching the rank of Brigadier is no small feat, and I expected to learn something from him, a way of thinking, a insight into a way of thinking I had not considered, a way of evaluating, or exercising critical faculties I had not know before, instead

there is a term in farsi it is called "tuf e sar bala" -- "tuf" means spit, sar is of course sar or head , and bala is up - it refers to spitting while tilting your head back -- you can imagine where the spit will fall --- it is like a curse amongst us -- each time the pot is calling the kettle black, the spit falls on our own foreheads -- we are both strangers and old acquiantances, there is little negative about the other that wil escape us and yet does not expect of Brigadiers to not engage in that , to not go there, so to speak - well I did, each time items of immense interest and importance that ought to be discussed is presented and I wait. I do wait for something that wil move me, something I had not thught of, something I had not considerd, a point o view I was not familiar with, I wait to learn something - and Salim has not failed to fail me.

Ok we are adversary, but careful if you want emnity, adversary is bad enough and it's not as if even if one disagrees that one has to go below the belt -- it's like "tuf e sar bala" is the only recourse and well, I am disappointed by that --- it's not that we can't all play at that, just not what I expected.

Indian friends are persuaded by a vision that seeks to put them in confrontation with their neighbors, whereas a change in thinking would free all Asia and bring prosperity and dignity the likes of which we only dream of.

Well said. :tup:

Be it acknowledged that there are some Indian wise-men who can see through things. One of them said: you can change friends but you can’t change your neighbors.

The problem may lie in the fact that many Indian politicians are eagerly engaged in political self-profit by proposing pompous international ambitions which may actually harm India national interest.

If India falls into becoming a Western puppet for short-term gains through alienating its permanent neighbors, the Western powers can roll back easily if needed in the future, and India will bear the bitter results of being surrounded by hostile countries. On the other side, however, distancing itself from the West doesn’t serve India interest, either. The problem is that there seems a lack of collective action by sane politicians.

Last edited:
Simple: quite a few of them, forgetting to look at their own image, pretend to be on higher moral ground. :rofl:

Actullay this is realy disppointing when someone going crazy highlighting ills in other countries when they are having more grimmer at home.

Its very unfortunate that Indians start boasting about problems in China forgetting that they are having far more than China.

I rememberd that on an Indian forum the Indian members were jumping with happiness over AIDS problem in China. :)

They were enthusiastically posting news about AIDS in China while forgetting that India has the highest number of AIDS cases.

Simillary they go on posting and propagating rap cases in Paksitan while forgetting that situation in India no better in this case.

Back
Top Bottom