What's new

What is "Agni-VI"(A6)

So you are saying that there's nothing wrong with weight 700 kg or 700 tons Comon buddy you surelly don't want your cart to pulled by an elephant instead of a bull or do you ?? And yes Ramjet do have its good points as its remains in the booster mode in its entire flight but that missile is damn heavy and plus two air sucking missiles cannot fly too close (which is very important as these kind of systems are generally multi target handlelling capable hence they need to fly close to gain kill prob of 1) bcoz of disturbance made by both the missile hence it restricts the air flow and increase the heat on the surface of the missiles.This means that when ever we need to target two or more different targets the radar needs to lay down two diff trajectories for diff missiles.
been seeing hollywood lately, what makes U think they will fly too close?

Those comparing the patriot with Akash should understand this first...
Akash is for point defence and it has been designed keeping that in mind. PAC has been widely praised but the SCUD (gulf war) cast some serious doubts about the actual lethality of the system.

Akash is for point defence and it has been designed keeping that in mind. PAC has been widely praised but the SCUD (gulf war) cast some serious doubts about the actual lethality of the system.

what type of doubts????????
could u plz tell us....

Akash is for point defence while Pac III is for area defence. Akash is comparable to hawk missile.

India has S-300 systems for area defence while Akash serve the point defence role.

leave akash alone guys and talk abt agni ....do we need agni6 land version cause i think agni5 can reach 5500 km and agni 6 6000.. ?

been seeing hollywood lately, what makes U think they will fly too close?

I think simply asking the question is better than posting crap like the bolded part.

to gain a kill prob of 1 generally every SAM system fires 2 missies on a single target one after another but when targeting multiple targets like an aircraft and its wingman one needs to fire multiple missiles too and generally they fly closelly if and only if fired from a single launcher . But in the case of Akash it seems like either we need to fire those missiles from diifferent launchers or Radar needs to set different trajectories for them. :)

Akash is for point defence while Pac III is for area defence. Akash is comparable to hawk missile.

India has S-300 systems for area defence while Akash serve the point defence role.

we don't have s 300

I never compared it with PAC what I did is to take it as a referance to prove that the missile or atleast the Akash mk1 is not that good design as its dimensions and weight are a way too much for a missile ith a range of just 25 km.

I never doubted the capability of Akash as a system as just look at its orders man what I was having a little doubt about its missile's design. :)

Failures are the stepping stones to success..... why should DRDO hide it???? They are using tax payers money to carry out research and they realize that it is the right of the tax payer to know how the organization funded by them works..... besides such research is not strategically imp. besides we don't know about A6 ..... unless some senior member (Spark/sancho) confirm it or DRDo reveals it! I'm not believing it.

Well honestly speaking I was expecting such a answer but DO YOU REALLY HAVE FAITH ON OUR POLITICIANS?? DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THEY WILL NOT LIE AND GIVE US EVERY RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR MONEY?? ok fine lets say DRDO has tested a missile yesterday and failed and wasted 20 millions in it whats the proof?? If the answer is nothing then I think DRDO should keep such sad news to them.:) use these failiures as stepping stones to success why share them??

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

if that was MATTER then u should contact to DRDO and advice them ,not to leak our failure reports in MEDIA....

Thanx for the advice but I am sure even if I would have contacted them they would have given me the exact reply Thundersword gave me in his post#60. :)

India should stop with Agni-5.

And stat concentrating on an impecable missile defence system.

The defence system should be such a way that the incoming missile should be destroyed before entering Indian airspace.

Just to add, DRDO has already said that, with a small technical adjustment, we make ICBMs easily.

Agni4 will take care of all our neighbors (no offence meant).

Focus on Naval infrastructure. Strength air bases, ports, coast guards.

Form a Joint force command army, AF, IN (if not already done).

India should stop with Agni-5.

And stat concentrating on an impecable missile defence system.

The defence system should be such a way that the incoming missile should be destroyed before entering Indian airspace.

Just to add, DRDO has already said that, with a small technical adjustment, we make ICBMs easily.Agni4 will take care of all our neighbors (no offence meant).

Focus on Naval infrastructure. Strength air bases, ports, coast guards.

Form a Joint force command army, AF, IN (if not already done).

For the bolded part I think what DRDO meant that they can convert any Agni into a ICBM just by adding some extra stages or I am missing something????:blink:

And for the rest of your post "can't agree more":tup:

our missiles perfectly going......enemy is also placing balistic missiles on borders..

we just need to focus on Advanced Air Defence (AAD) and Prithvi Air Defence (PAD)/Pradyumna Ballistic Missile
Interceptor

After successfull interception of ballistc missiles in 2006,India became the fourth
nation in the world to acquire such a
capability after USA,RUSSIA AND CHINA.

On May 15, 2011 it was reported that
India has started working on a
network of air-defence systems which
would be able to shoot down any
enemy missile at a distance of
5,000 km, before it can enter the
Indian air space.According to DRDO
chief,V K Saraswat,missiles are being
designed and developed in a manner
that would enable them to shoot