What's new

What INSAS has really achieved after 15 years & what its future

Best replacement for INSAS rifle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
INSAS was a sloppy effort at mashing together rifles India was already familiar with. It should have been built from the ground up, and manufactured by professionals, NOT the OFB.

INSAS will eventually equip the police. It failed in becoming the armed forces main weapon system. 15 years is a joke.

1289119208.jpg

Heckler-Koch-G36.jpg

isn't it HOT ???
Would love to see these BABIES in the hands of SF :D

I disagree mate..I would love to see SCAR ;)

FN_SCAR_rifle.jpg
hahahaa though so but I don't think we will be able to pull that :D
did you see the sniper version of this ???
BTW can you start a new thread on IAs current hunt for assault rifle and add every option there with full specification ??? It will be nice thread

hahahaa though so but I don't think we will be able to pull that :D
did you see the sniper version of this ???
BTW can you start a new thread on IAs current hunt for assault rifle and add every option there with full specification ??? It will be nice thread

You open it and i will fully support you! :tup:

But this thread is also serving the same purpose..Lets start discussing about it here and others will join..

I vote for Tavor for Infantry and other Arms of the Army and SCAR for the SF.

Can we add poll to this thread ???

Thread starter can only do that i guess.

Can you tell me why do you feel we wont get SCAR?
Ya uncle SAM is pitching for M-4A for IA and M-4A Marine version for SF. They themself are replacing it from their army and SF. So production lines need business. And US marines and Delta are getting SCAR and it's old habit of US say NO to latest things to us.
On other hand H&K is pitching for sale to GOI with TOT and licence production

Ya uncle SAM is pitching for M-4A for IA and M-4A Marine version for SF. They themself are replacing it from their army and SF. So production lines need business. And US marines and Delta are getting SCAR and it's old habit of US say NO to latest things to us.
On other hand H&K is pitching for sale to GOI with TOT and licence production

I am not a big fan of M4...and i really cant understand why IA went for it.The M4 has a problem of getting stuck in harsh environments.Uzi is a good buy but i would have loved to see SCAR or HK416 instead of M4.

I am not a big fan of M4...and i really cant understand why IA went for it.The M4 has a problem of getting stuck in harsh environments.Uzi is a good buy but i would have loved to see SCAR or HK416 instead of M4.

It will be a $$$ game. Uncle Sam will offer us the price we would not be able to deny. And plus they won't mind giving us TOT for M-4 as they won't be using it anymore.

But for SF like you say GOI won't be buying the things discarded so for SF H&K will come in to play. It's cost won't allow us to make it IA standard. But some belive that TAR will be pitching for this tender. As our SF already have them and those babies unearned reputation among our forces.

If Israel make the price competitive ( which I think so as they are using Micro and their production lines too are empty due to saturation ) TAR will defeat M-4A

It will be a $$$ game. Uncle Sam will offer us the price we would not be able to deny. And plus they won't mind giving us TOT for M-4 as they won't be using it anymore.

But for SF like you say GOI won't be buying the things discarded so for SF H&K will come in to play. It's cost won't allow us to make it IA standard. But some belive that TAR will be pitching for this tender. As our SF already have them and those babies unearned reputation among our forces.

If Israel make the price competitive ( which I think so as they are using Micro and their production lines too are empty due to saturation ) TAR will defeat M-4A

SF has already got M4 which was not a very good decision IMHO.

IDK whats gonna happen next...Looking at the way US weapons are getting imported it wont be wrong to say M$ is a strong contender.

SF has already got M4 which was not a very good decision IMHO.

IDK whats gonna happen next...Looking at the way US weapons are getting imported it wont be wrong to say M$ is a strong contender.

When it comes to marketing weapons no one can defeat uncle Sam :(
And if you remember almost all national daily public the news IA SF is going replace TAR with more advanced m4A which kill OBL I think we laugh at the reporter that time. But it is making sence now
I would preffer
TAR - as IA standard weapon ( hope Israelis defeat M-4 on $$$ )
H&K - as SF standard weapon ( if we reject M-4 variant for SF we won't be getting SCAR for sure :D ) otherwise SCAR is definatly best

Back
Top Bottom