What's new

What INSAS has really achieved after 15 years & what its future

Best replacement for INSAS rifle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You gotta spend money to make money lol!! (I know not the write saying!)

What i am actually saying is - why purchase something you don't even need. Traditional rifles are the mainstay for armies like IA because they cannot afford super cool weapons and their attachments. Even if they manage to purchase them they would not be able to maintain them. rifles are provided for every soldier but not all soldiers are willing or capable to provide it same level of care and love. What a regular Indian infantryman requires is not a super expensive - top of the shelf rifle. A solid built, reliable and accurate to 600-800m, rifle with good iron sights is more than enough.

I don't know how much it realtes to this but I have just watch the IAF ACM's NDTV interview and it is pretty interesting to note that he makes a point to say that SOFs/Spec-ops is a key area which will be focused on seriously in the coming years and is receinving a lot of attention. Given that not too long ago Spec-ops/SOFs weren't even mentioned by such senior officers, this is a BIG change and promising for the future <RUB HANDS WITH GLEE>!!

the real achievement is feeding 100s of babus public money since last 15 years without any check and balance.

I think problems with INDIGENIOUS rifles is WE set very very high TARGET. When we should actually start from a basic requirements. INSAS would have been good option if it's problem would have spotted in production line or Quality control. Means common our developers are saying its the best rifle but the guies who are or have to use have other opinions. Why didn't these feed backs reach to developers ???

Our last hope would be from F-INSAS multi-caliber. And we didn't hear anything about it officially from last year. Unofficilally it's having problem with multi caliber thing but we don't know for sure. But IA's recent push for STANDARD weapon( which will take 2/3 years) is pushing us to the conclusion that F-INSAS is not going to production line in next 3/4 years.

I think problems with INDIGENIOUS rifles is WE set very very high TARGET. When we should actually start from a basic requirements. INSAS would have been good option if it's problem would have spotted in production line or Quality control. Means common our developers are saying its the best rifle but the guies who are or have to use have other opinions. Why didn't these feed backs reach to developers ???

Our last hope would be from F-INSAS multi-caliber. And we didn't hear anything about it officially from last year. Unofficilally it's having problem with multi caliber thing but we don't know for sure. But IA's recent push for STANDARD weapon( which will take 2/3 years) is pushing us to the conclusion that F-INSAS is not going to production line in next 3/4 years.

I have serious doubts that an industry which is still struggling with quality control for a basic service rifle can produce some serious stuff like a multi-calibre assault rifle. OFB has next to zero R&D in metallurgy and advanced polymers.

Boy !!! I hope he is not messing with Code of Conduct :D
The only boys that can have access to this would be SOF-IA. Even Paras don't have it.

Dear All...how come u all fall into this??????? look closer its a replica toy, this man is posing with a replica toy made with 1:1 ratio..

Yup...i am confused...I am all ears

look closer its a replica toy..

Guys regarding this G36 issue I am soooo confused. Firstly an Indian SOF operator even ex-SOF wouldn't be posing on FB. Even regular indian military would be cautious of doing so- it is now against MoD policy if I'm not wrong. Also given the IA SF have heir trusty Tavors in huge numbers now and have a significant amount of M4s (that they are stocking up on) then I see no reason for them to go for be G36 same goes for Garud and MARCOs. It is possible NSG are getting such weapons. I'd have to throw my hat in at Special Group if I'm honest.

An interesting detour- does anyone else think that the recent news of M4 for IA SF will be for more than just he bog standard m4? m4 is a wide term and for he IA SF to be getting more or a weapon they have used for years is hardly news so something more?

Close observation of this gun in pic will let you know your all answers...................:lol::lol:
Here, same sort of pic guy with an M4 look alike toy..
Guy_with_toy.jpg

Dear All...how come u all fall into this??????? look closer its a replica toy, this man is posing with a replica toy made with 1:1 ratio..

look closer its a replica toy..

Buddy I am bad with weapon identification but @coldhearted Aviator and @abingdonboy are good in these things. BTW what kinda replica uses real bullets :D

Close observation of this gun in pic will let you know your all answers...................:lol::lol:
Here, same sort of pic guy with an M4 look alike toy..
Guy_with_toy.jpg

Common even I can tell its a dud :D

Buddy I am bad with weapon identification but @coldhearted Aviator and @abingdonboy are good in these things. BTW what kinda replica uses real bullets :D

Common even I can tell its a dud :D

Dear replica toys are available in big toy stores, it spits .18mm plastic balls with air pressure, once at a time when cocked. As I said if you observe closely you'll get your answers..try this, compare it with genuine pic of G36..:lol:

Dear replica toys are available in big toy stores, it spits .18mm plastic balls with air pressure, once at a time when cocked. As I said if you observe closely you'll get your answers..try this, compare it with genuine pic of G36..:lol:

Dude...i checked out his profile for half an hour..His friends were senior Army officers...saw his pics in uniform..I dont think it is a replica...Look at the magazine for example.

Back
Top Bottom