What's new

what India gave to the world!!!!!!

Yes right. And in fact not just 'idolars' but whoever beleives in god of any kind (every religion) cannot be taken serious when he/she is trying to think or post something scientific here.

come on, so many posts in this thread are hardly in the scientific direction... they are really pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo and fantasies brought by religio-nationalism.

Next time i will call you idiot if you post something logical or related to science. Since you are not athiest.

the below is my post from months ago...

my concept about god is closest to the islami thought of the formless presence who begets not, nor was he born ( from a creature )... this presence is not affected by worship or human hope.

the nepal earthquake demolished the prayer houses of buddhists,hindus, muslims, christians... and some of these had stood for centuries and been visited by countless daily worshipers and pilgrims... all those idols and accepted shapes of the prayer houses and their special establishment rituals were of no help.

what was this earthquake that destroyed in seconds the human imaginings of "the divine"... the earthquake was nature... perhaps nature is god and god is nature... immovable, undefeatable, existent.

in early 2013, russia saw a passage in its skies of a meteor from space... it arrived without much warning and didn't even have to touch the ground to injure 7000+ people and damage 1000+ buildings... this world hangs delicate in the vastness of space and in space no understanding of human religion can make effect... i see space as the outer nature, the real nature.

what if a mad-man with the capabilities of elon musk were to go out into the "asteroid belt" ( between mars and jupiter ) and put rocket engines onto three 1-km wide asteroids, push them towards earth and smash them into riyadh, varanasi and vatican... would these three centers of extreme belief in religiosity survive the impacts??

the mad-man can claim that he is doing the work of nature, of god... and his belief will stand supreme to the belief of every religious believer on this world.

idolatry is a attribute of most religions and it is false system... when prayer houses have idols and those idols cannot resist the strikes of man ( raider from another culture ) or nature ( earthquake, rain, flood, meteor ), where stands the belief system in such?? also, what is the point in bathing idols in milk and feeding them other foods when the idols neither live nor cannot they protect themselves... if so, those foods are being wasted on rock, metal and plaster when they could have sated the undeniable material needs of hungry people.

i will stop here.

Last edited:
come on, so many posts in this thread are hardly in the scientific direction... they are really pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo and fantasies brought by religio-nationalism.

my concept about god is closest to the islami thought of the formless presence who begets not, nor was he born ( from a creature )... this presence is not affected by worship or human hope.

the nepal earthquake demolished the prayer houses of buddhists,hindus, muslims, christians... and some of these had stood for centuries and been visited by countless daily worshipers and pilgrims... all those idols and accepted shapes of the prayer houses and their special establishment rituals were of no help.

what was this earthquake that destroyed in seconds the human imaginings of "the divine"... the earthquake was nature... perhaps nature is god and god is nature... immovable, undefeatable, existent.

in early 2013, russia saw a passage in its skies of a meteor from space... it arrived without much warning and didn't even have to touch the ground to injure 7000+ people and damage 1000+ buildings... this world hangs delicate in the vastness of space and in space no understanding of human religion can make effect... i see space as the outer nature, the real nature.

what if a mad-man with the capabilities of elon musk were to go out into the "asteroid belt" ( between mars and jupiter ) and put rocket engines onto three 1-km wide asteroids, push them towards earth and smash them into riyadh, varanasi and vatican... would these three centers of extreme belief in religious mysticism survive the impacts??

the mad-man can claim that he is doing the work of nature, of god... and his belief will stand supreme to the belief of every religious believer on this world.

idolatry is a attribute of most religions and it is false system... when prayer houses have idols and those idols cannot resist the strikes of man ( raider from another culture ) or nature ( earthquake, rain, flood, meteor ), where stands the belief system in such?? also, what is the point in bathing idols in milk and feeding them other foods when the idols neither live nor cannot they protect themselves... if so, those foods are being wasted on rock, metal and plaster when they could have sated the undeniable material needs of hungry people.

i will stop here.

Dude you are bringing in irrelavent stuff here. When scientists visit temples, they suddenly don't stop believing in science and suddenly start beleving in magic. Visiting temples and stuff mostly today is a curtural thing, its like tradition of families which they follow. Ofc there is superstition in the country no doubts, but the picture you posted is of a scientist, you cannot judge his thinking/mind because he visit temples. Please stop opposing everything India does, criticism is good very good but when it has some logic behind it, and not just blind hatred.

So you accept Osama was sheltered by pakistan :coffee:..good.
we cant accept just bcoz u want us to accept ... but then u cant change the fact when the world and all the organisations come up with the fact that india has 3rd highest invidduals in the world with 2.1 mln pppl with aids:dirol:

Of course the word Hindu in reference to Sindhu existed but as you said, it was a geographical reference, not a religious or national one. You can tell that the OP while using India is clearly referring to the modern state of India and not in the context of the old term 'Sindhu'. It's absurd to hear talk of ancient India when the Indus mainly runs through modern day Pakistan.

Indians need to stop hogging all the credit for the history in this region. it shows ignorance and insecurity. I mean how can you lay claim on the Takshila university? It's outrageous.

Enlighten me.
Sir, nobody in India is taking credit forecefully, we never said Pakistan not to take part in the shared history. The very fact that your political masters deny your own history goes to prove about your sheer arrogance and ignorance. Ask yourself, if Pakistan ever gave credit to Maratha Kingdom, or Guru Govind Singh or the Chola Dynasty or the Maurian Empire or Ashoka or the advent of Hinduism or Buddhism or Sikhism or Jainism, instead your whole history is focused on Mughals from Uzbekistan or Persian empire or Ottoman. Do not blame us when you yourself selectively chose to see history on the basis of your religion. Leaving the past, have your nation ever gave credit to Gandhi, Shahid Bhagat Singh, Khudiram Bose, Subhash Bose, Asaf Ali, Ashfaq Ullah Khan, Mangal Pandey, Rani Lakshmi Bai? the one`s that made our country free from british. The answer is No. why mostly because it never suited your ideologies and the basis of forming your nation. Just because you never claimed history because of religion and ideologies doesn`t mean we won`t.

we cant accept just bcoz u want us to accept ... but then u cant change the fact when the world and all the organisations come up with the fact that india has 3rd highest invidduals in the world with 2.1 mln pppl with aids:dirol:
So?

what if a mad-man with the capabilities of elon musk were to go out into the "asteroid belt" ( between mars and jupiter ) and put rocket engines onto three 1-km wide asteroids, push them towards earth and smash them into riyadh, varanasi and vatican... would these three centers of extreme belief in religiosity survive the impacts??

i will stop here.

Sir, i respect your opinion about idolatry, that it never could protect the nature or strikes of man. So let me tell you about first islam then. Please enlighten us how killing gay people is justified? or how stoning the devil is? and since muslims dont believe in praying to rock how come they visit mecca to pray which is also a piece of rock? Dont people waste chaddars on mosque instead of giving to beggars. Coming to Christians how they keep jesus idols and pray in front of him when they itself consider idolatry pagan. I dont want to belittle another religion but the selective criticism by a person of your stature isnt very good. Religions are never meant to be perfect, it will always evolve with time. While some people chose god to be a formless entity other chose to gave him a shape, while a few put him in cross and some gave the status of messenger. Everyone chose to his own way to define who god is. Just because your idea is different then mine, doesnt gave you any power to belittle another one. You may be agnostic, atheist, religious, noone cares, but holier then thou attitude isnt very perfect.

Claimed by Indians, during Maurians India invaded Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Bangladesh.

When Mauryans were there around 320 BC, please let us know where was even the name Pakistan, Bangladesh?

When Mauryans were there around 320 BC, please let us know where was even the name Pakistan, Bangladesh?

When Mauryans were there let us know where was India then.

Its people and land which had different names.

where was india before british?:hitwall::hitwall: even the word india was given by british ,after 1947 they just removed british from british india

A GK question for you; when did Columbus set out to discover 'India', and ended up naming the native Americans as Indians?

Another question, when did British colonized India.

Read what you have posted when you find the answers.

When Mauryans were there let us know where was India then.

Its people and land which had different names.

Sir, with due respect, please check Megasthenes who was the foreign ambassador and why it was called Indica, or the writting of Herodotus. Theres a reason Indian ocean was named after India, much like China sea is named after China. It didnt sprung up like that suddenly one day.You can deny all your history but both India and China was there, is there and will be there, the oldest civilizations. You can either choose to go with the history or much like Pakistan claim that you came from arabs, turks and etcetera.

Edit: Just because few parts of a body of a soldier got cut and doctor chose to give the parts a new name, doesnt mean that the parts arent of that soldier. Isnt it?

Last edited:
Sir, with due respect, please check Megasthenes who was the foreign ambassador and why it was called Indica, or the writting of Herodotus. Theres a reason Indian ocean was named after India, much like China sea is named after China. It didnt sprung up like that suddenly one day.You can deny all your history but both India and China was there, is there and will be there, the oldest civilizations. You can either choose to go with the history or much like Pakistan claim that you came from arabs, turks and etcetera.

Edit: Just because few parts of a body of a soldier got cut and doctor chose to give the parts a new name, doesnt mean that the parts arent of that soldier. Isnt it?

Alien invaders or foreigners can give wide area of land a same name. For example for me whole south India was Tamil because of my little knowledge few years ago. Indus was a familiar name of NW India and parts of Pakistan not whole India we know today. The Europeans ended up naming whole North and South Americans as India also. In reality they had different names. Like part of present BD was always named Vanga, Harikela, Kamup. Ancient neighbors of ours always knew us what we used to call ourselves. By legacy of that Bangladesh is named today.

Alien invaders or foreigners can give wide area of land a same name. For example for me whole south India was Tamil because of my little knowledge few years ago. Indus was a familiar name of NW India and parts of Pakistan not whole India we know today. The Europeans ended up naming whole North and South Americans as India also. In reality they had different names. Like part of present BD was always named Vanga, Harikela, Kamup. Ancient neighbors of ours always knew us what we used to call ourselves. By legacy of that Bangladesh is named today.
Sir, its funny that you quoted Europeans which came much later in the history, according to your needs and chose to ignore the fact that Greek Philosophers quoted India way before that. And please, Hinduism was never alien to Indian subcontinent, in your case Bengali people, Gopal, Mahipal, Shurapal from pala dynasty, Srichandra, Kalyanchandra were they aliens? Bangladesh was always the greatest culture, that India could have ever have. No wonder it gave birth to legends like Khudiram Bose, Subhash Bose, Vivekananda, Chandramukhi Basu, Tagore, Jagdish Chandra bose. But have you credited them the way they should have got?

Hind come from Sindh (Indus) which is in Pakistan and is a geographical reference, not a religious one. Whenever Hind was used in history, it was to refer to a geographical location, not a religion or India as we know today.

You're removing all doubt about how ill informed you're.
You haven't read the book...shut your mouth

Tamil because of my little knowledge few years ago.
dont worry it has not improved much.

By legacy of that Bangladesh is named today.
:rofl: bangladesh has a legacy india does not have one ?
india was known as bharat,hindustan,jambudvipa,bharatavarsha..etc. Now we dont need a certificate from a lungi baba riding a camel on what we were called. We have our history,epics,culture...etc If BD has anything like that talk about it. Just bcos BD does not have it ,does not mean the same thing applies to india. do you still read pakistani textbooks:lol:

Back
Top Bottom