What's new

What happens if any indian govt agrees to cede Kashmir?

That time Kashmir was not part of India.. Even Indian army was not in Jammu and Kashmir but pak army even reached to nearby Kashmir valley.

It was achievement of Indian army to control over 65% of j&k when legally integrated with India.

Some part of Kashmir, We lost to China in 1962, that only lost I can see if anyone talk about Indian army performance in last 73 years

None of the above changes the fact that Pakistan has domain over 35% of Kashmir. I believe your kind refer to it as Azad Kashmir.

Don't look to PDF for Indian opinion on a plebiscite.

Look at India last August.
We are not in disagreement that a majority of Indians that voted for the BJP (or a majority of Indians period) support an unjust, immoral and illegal forcible occupation of millions of Kashmiris, and the atrocities perpetrated by Indian security forces that go along with an occupation, but my point is that the views expressed in the OP are part of a process to continue to maintain that degree of support for the occupation through scaremongering & propagating hatred for the 'other'.

You can take pride in it, you are taking pride in it, but as we've argued before, plenty of Germans took pride in the Nazis as well.

And just as the Nazis were opposed, so to will we continue to oppose you and your ideology. Pointing out your unity of purpose to us doesn't make a lick of difference, nor does your scaremongering carry any weight here.

Most Indian Muslims are radically opposed to Kashmir being with anyone but us. India.

There is a reason I wrote "some Indian Muslims on THIS FORUM"

And let's be honest.

You and Afrazul are not even Indian Muslims anymore.

You are Muslims of Indian origin.

Whatever you may classify me as is irrelevant.

Indian Muslims do prefer that Kashmir remain with India, but not because of the reason you think. They are reluctant to be divided again into another nation state.

However, no Indian Muslim supports the brutality that is being unleashed there. And as the brutality increases, the attraction to staying in India decreases as well.

We are not in disagreement that a majority of Indians that voted for the BJP (or a majority of Indians period) support an unjust, immoral and illegal forcible occupation of millions of Kashmiris, and the atrocities perpetrated by Indian security forces that go along with an occupation, but my point is that the views expressed in the OP are part of a process to continue to maintain that degree of support for the occupation through scaremongering & propagating hatred for the 'other'.

You can take pride in it, you are taking pride in it, but as we've argued before, plenty of Germans took pride in the Nazis as well.

And just as the Nazis were opposed, so to will we continue to oppose you and your ideology. Pointing out your unity of purpose to us doesn't make a lick of difference, nor does your scaremongering carry any weight here.

Absolutely fair enough.

Support for Kashmir is universal.

Across party and ideological lines.

You could say it's the litmus test of being Indian.

This is a hypothetical question, not happening in any possible future, but still interesting…

-“If” Kashmir is handed over to Pakistan, then they will start demanding entire Indian side of Punjab. That's because they can't live with half Kashmir, they can't live with half Punjab either. If the demand is not fulfilled, they will start Sikh Militancy in Punjab (which they actually did once upon a time)

-Let's assume that we handed over Punjab to Pakistan. Then they will start demanding the Muslim majority states of India on the pretext of India being a Hindu Country and Pakistan being a Muslim Country. If the demand is not met, they will start Islamic Militancy in those states.

-Let's assume we even-handed over Muslim majority states of India to Pakistan, then they will demand the rest of India to be amalgamated into Pakistan on the pretext of so-called Ghazwa-e-Hind prophecy. If the demand is not met, they will wage a full-fledged war against India.
Wow.

Years of anti-Pakistan hate-mongering, promoted through your polity & media, has really led to some outright delusional thinking about Pakistan.

Pray tell, what Muslim majority States exist in India today, that Pakistan would foment insurgency and insurrection in, IF Kashmiris are allowed to choose their destiny in a plebiscite and IF they choose Pakistan?

And with respect to Indian Punjab, do you honestly expect the Sikhs to vote to become a part of Pakistan? Why on earth would they do that?

Whatever you may classify me as is irrelevant.

Indian Muslims do prefer that Kashmir remain with India, but not because of the reason you think. They are reluctant to be divided again into another nation state.

However, no Indian Muslim supports the brutality that is being unleashed there. And as the brutality increases, the attraction to staying in India decreases as well.

Totally fair enough.

It is the litmus test of being Indian.

Totally fair enough.

You mean support for the forcible occupation and subjugation of millions of Kashmiris and the denial of the right to plebiscite is 'universal' in your India.

Call it what it actually is and embrace what you are.

Totally fair enough.

Pretty low litmus test - would’ve thought some higher ideals would have prevailed but I guess a pol-pot type character is an acceptable member of Indian society so long as Kashmir being India is part of his mantra?

Pretty low litmus test - would’ve thought some higher ideals would have prevailed but I guess a pol-pot type character is an acceptable member of Indian society so long as Kashmir being India is part of his mantra?

It's the base denominator that cuts across ALL lines.

And it's really convenient to identify loyalty in Muslims.

Since in a secular nation it does not impinge on their faith.

It's the base denominator that cuts across ALL lines.

And it's really convenient to identify loyalty in Muslims.

Since in a secular nation it does not impinge on their faith.
Why the single out for muslims(not that it matters for Pakistan, frankly we couldn’t be happier strategically if you guys commit genocide on every other faith not Hindu) and not Sikhs who have Khalistan ideals?

Why the single out for muslims(not that it matters for Pakistan, frankly we couldn’t be happier strategically if you guys commit genocide on every other faith not Hindu) and not Sikhs who have Khalistan ideals?

Khalistan is dead.

It died when I was in high school.

Khalistan is dead.

It died when I was in high school.
Your government’s actions and those of the Indian high commission in Chicago trying to squash a Khalistan meeting here suggests otherwise.

Your government’s actions and those of the Indian high commission in Chicago trying to squash a Khalistan meeting here suggests otherwise.

Pays to be careful.

Nip things in the bud. Keep the hedges trimmed.

You mean support for the forcible occupation and subjugation of millions of Kashmiris and the denial of the right to plebiscite is 'universal' in your India.

Call it what it actually is and embrace what you are.

It is not about nationalism, it is not about accession of Hari Singh, it is not about an unfinished business of partition, and it is not about a border dispute.

In modern India, it is nothing more than showing the Muslims their place. The Kashmiri Muslims dared to stand up to India, therefore they must be put in their place. Anything that increases their pain and suffering is celebrated in India.

"teaching them a lesson" is the most common phrase in India these days.

It is not about nationalism, it is not about accession of Hari Singh, it is not about an unfinished business of partition, and it is not about a border dispute.

In modern India, it is nothing more than showing the Muslims their place. The Kashmiri Muslims dared to stand up to India, therefore they must be put in their place. Anything that increases their pain and suffering is celebrated in India.

"teaching them a lesson" is the most common phrase in India these days.

You just spat on the graves of thousands of dead soldiers of the country that birthed you and your previous generations.

Im glad you're gone.

Back
Top Bottom