What's new

What happened between Zia and Rajiv Gandhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what the source is a zaid hamid blog, the standard recipe, take some events from history, add religious fervor and colorful language and write a rousing story of great islamic machoness and bring faithful believers to climax.

Takbeer e Musalsal Zaid Hamid's Personal Blog

Like the shot of Mumbai harbor from a Pakistani submarine or how ajmal kasab was actually amar singh or how Pakistan is on moon now. I'm genuinely concerned that obviously fake stuff without links and made up using fake names gets so many people believing it. Stupidity is a such a serious problem I've realized only lately.
Well I won't be even surprised if Zaid Hamid comes up with his own set of hadees

A simplistic view of what probably happened

1. India prepared for battle exercises and war games
2. Pakistani army got the jitters and started fear mongering about "India is coming"
3. Zia went to India to watch a cricket match and shook hands with Rajiv Gandhi asking him not to attack Pakistan
4. Rajiv Gadhi asked the defense minister if he knew what Zia was talking about
5. Defense minister said that probably Zia was confusing the East and West fronts of Pakistan
6. Rajiv Gandhi smirked and carried on
7. Indian forces completed the war games and went back
8. Zia chest thumped that made India back down :)
9. Pakistani Fanboys and people like Zaid Hamid got the opportunity to yet again "Create History" :lol:

General zia's time was best in pakistan's history,he made pakistan a true islamic republic.

As per OP zia tone seemed to be typical dialogues of bollywood movies......

Mr. Behramnam just called me and told me in his thick Punjabi accented Urdu that he was a senior bureaucrat in delhi at the time and his goosebumps have still not receded from that meeting with mard e momin. He said he is from south India and the only indian of that name. He said it was an interesting story how he got that name, then he started recounting it, something about his father's posting in Rawalpindi, and then he bit his tongue and hung up.

Weird chap but a witness to history being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom