What's new

What ethnic group are Afghan Hindus?

Because Hindu rule was very short compared to successor + there can also be the reason than rulers of Hindu Shahi were foreigners to land.
Truth is even afghans themselves are not clear about their pre-Islamic beliefs, origin and history

I have never heard of a Afghan Hindu , in all due respect and if their are any then in a very small numbers period.
We are not talking about 21 century but before islam

but why you are trying hard to prove them hindu. Does it matter if they were Hindu or Buddhist or pagans. Trust is they dont like any of these beliefs now :D
That wasn't my main argument, it started off with the Hindu Shahis and then the topic got changed by Shan to Pashtun ancestors.

That wasn't my main argument, it started off with the Hindu Shahis and then the topic got changed by Shan to Pashtun ancestors.

Look at your title and your posts. You claimed pashtuns were hindus once and as a proof come up with hindko people. Anyway wait for @Pak-one he knows better about pashtun tribes.

You do know that before the Soviets Afghanistan had a degree of secularism that would put India to shame.Women could go out wearing skirts etc there was music dance etc.Afghanistan was extremely modern and famous for its tourism and hospitality

Women do all that India as well. Where's the shame ? I get your point but let's not stretch it.

but why you are trying hard to prove them hindu. Does it matter if they were Hindu or Buddhist or pagans. Truth is they dont like any of these beliefs now :D

Of course there is. I think you understand it, but too polite to drag it out :-)

Maurya Empire main religion hindusim?

What do you know about Mauryas. :woot:

The Wiki include citations and quotes from Islamic historians which back up the claim.
"
According to recorded Afghan tradition, Surs are descended from the Ghori tribe. Several books by Islamic historians including Tarikh-I-Guzida of Hamdu-lla-Mustaufi, Towareekh Yumny, as well as Ferishta record that besides Muslim Surs there were also Non-Muslim Hindu and Buddhist Surs, who were attacked by Mahmud of Ghazni and converted to Islam by him.

“Sultan Mahumud now went to fight with the Ghorians, who were infidels at that time. Suri, their chief, was killed in this war, and his son was taken prisoner; but he killed himself by sucking poison which he had kept under the stone of his ring. The country of Ghor was annexed to that of the Sultan, and the population thereof converted to Islam. He now attacked the fort of Bhim, where was a temple of the Hindus.[7]
“'In the following year AH 401 (AD 1010), Mahmood led his army towards Ghoor. The native prince of the country, Mahomed, of the Afghan tribe of Soor (the same race which gave birth to the dynasty that eventually succeeded in subverting the family of Sebüktigin), occupied an entrinched camp with 10,000 men. Mahmood was repulsed in repeated assaults which he made from morning till noon. Finding that the troops of Ghoor defended their entrenchments with such obstinacy, he caused his army to retreat in apparent confusion, in order to allure the enemy out of his fortified position. The Ghoorians, deceived by the stratagem, pursued the army of Ghizny; when the king, facing about, attacked and defeated them with great slaughter. Mahommed Soor, being made prisoner was brought to the king, but having taken poison, which he always kept under his ring, he died in a few hours; his country was annexed to the dominions of Ghizny. The author of the Towareekh Yumny affirms, that neither the sovereigns of Ghoor nor its inhabitants were Mahomedans till after this victory; whilst the author of the Tubkat-Nasiry, and Fukhr-ood-Deen Moobarik Shah Lody, the latter of whom wrote a history of the Kings of Ghoor in verse, both affirm, that they were converted many years before, even so early as the time of Ally[8]"

Pashtuns are believed to be originated from the ancient tribe of Paktha.

Last edited:
Look at your title and your posts. You claimed pashtuns were hindus once and as a proof come up with hindko people. Anyway wait for @Pak-one he knows better about pashtun tribes.
LOL, I just showed you a link to Suris that included citations are references to Islamic historians.
Don't burn too much.:rofl:

What do you know about Mauryas. :woot:

Pashtuns are believed to be originated from the ancient tribe of Pakhta.

I don't know much about them, Biharis should know better. And pashtuns were not hindus!

LOL, I just showed you a link to Suris that included citations are references to Islamic historians.
Don't burn too much.:rofl:

I would rather wait for @Pak-one, then believe in saffronhindutva. Even then their origen will be hindko/punjabi so i don't know why you are so interested.

If you don't know about it, why you wrote about it genius. :omghaha::omghaha:

Bhaye i wrote

Maurya Empire main religion hindusim?

You are born dumb, no wonder Bihar is worst then somalia.

Almost all of Afghan Hindus are Pashtun and speak Pashto.

Are you pashtun? You are so ignorant, by speaking pashto one doesn't become pashtun. Even @INDIC bihari can learn and speak pashto, will this make him pashtun?

Back
Top Bottom