What's new

What does Bangladesh think of West Bengal?

I have met a few original Bengali from west Bengal. They do not care about Bangladesh, they look west towards Delhi. Even the Muslims also do not care about BD. On the contrary, I have met others from west Bengal whose forefathers migrated to India. They do neither identify themselves with India nor with west Bengal. They identify as from Bangladesh with Indian Passport. They lament for leaving their country, Bangladesh. I have seen them getting angry when someone insists on them as Indian.

Anyway, this is my personal experience. Things may differ from man to man.
Is this real, West Bengal population is around 9 crores. 1947, 1971 and there after loads of people coming from East Bengal. Their count with the descendents must be more than 60%.
Never ever in my life I saw them calling themselves Bangladeshis. They boast about their BD lineage and how rich their forefathers were. They have a not so good picture of BD because of the trauma their forefathers faced when they left their land and termed as refugees in West Bengal.

Sylheti miyas are barbaric invaders who drove out their Sylheti Hindu brethren to Assam. Hindu Sylhetis deserve more than that tiny morsel of land-Karimganj.

Even prior to that, Sylhet was historically a part of NE starting from the Varman dynasty to the Koch and Jaintia kingdoms.

Sylheti phonetics, cuisine and culture has more resemblance to Assamese than Bengali, before your Shah Jalal infused their pristine culture with the fake Arabic one.
Whole Assam, Tripura and Meghalaya was to be given to Pakistan. You Hindus stole it from us

In my honest opinion.... Forget about Muslim block which UKBengali is dreaming about... Why not let's create new South Asia block with a single union within India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal??? This new Union country will be an economic and military power to reckon with....

Even better would be those countries being independent republics as of now but being governed by the same Progressive political system. This would be similar to pre-2003 Iraq and Syria being governed by the same Ba'ath ideology but being two independent republics.

India already has the AAP, Swaraj Abhiyan movements. This can be extended to the countries you mention. This would be the first step.

We can create hilsa club...you must love hilsa to join this club lol.

No hilsa but I once had prawn nuggets ( coated with batter ) and I liked it. Will this be enough ??

Key differences -
Bangladeshis still try their utmost best to speak Bengali within their homes, not English or some bent English with a funny Indian accent
Bangladeshis aren't cucks, they love their language and culture and are proud - sometimes boastful. 1971 stands as a foundation for this.
Like the first point, we still speak Bengali and where ever there is our diaspora we have made that the Bengali language is recognized. Whether that's Europe/Americas.

It's like Bangladeshis are at the forefront for representing everything 'Bengali'. Bengali = Bangladesh & Bangladesh = Bengali.

Not to say that there have been no strides made by the Indian Bangols, but seriously, some of them I've met are not confident whatsoever in their identity. Love being called Indians lol

No hilsa but I once had prawn nuggets ( coated with batter ) and I liked it. Will this be enough ??

@jamahir bhai we need to find you a nice fluffy Bangladeshi girl who knows how to cook Prawn cutlets in bread coating...

iu
iu

Is this real, West Bengal population is around 9 crores. 1947, 1971 and there after loads of people coming from East Bengal. Their count with the descendents must be more than 60%.
Never ever in my life I saw them calling themselves Bangladeshis. They boast about their BD lineage and how rich their forefathers were. They have a not so good picture of BD because of the trauma their forefathers faced when they left their land and termed as refugees in West Bengal.

Most of them sold their 'Paitrik Bhita' (ancestral land) before leaving and bought new property on the other side of the border in WB. Yeah there was trauma of becoming a refugee, but there were plenty of WB Muslims who came over to Bangladesh and faced that as well. Both of these groups were rather talented individuals who did well in their newfound homes. I know of quite a few ex-Bangladesh Hindu families who are very friendly to our family.

Assam west is already our de facto territory. Its people will join BD in an opportune chaotic time. BJP is helping them to unite.
Keep on dreaming sitting in Bangladesh! Recent steps by BJP have made the gutter rodents come out of their sewer hole. Each one of them will be identified for suitable action.

As for Lower Assam, we are only consolidating our political power there. Bodo Peace Accord was one such step. As and when delimitation of Assembly constituencies happen, your wet delusions of a Greater Bengal will further diminish.

Shhh.... Don't let the truth spoil the gala PDF party. Not only in WB, here in Assam also the Bangladeshi Hindu refugees(and BHs in general) are the most vocal opponents of BD.

At the same place where bluesky met some west Bengal ppl who don't consider Themselves as WB or Indians :D
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Keep on dreaming sitting in Bangladesh! Recent steps by BJP have made the gutter rodents come out of their sewer hole. Each one of them will be identified for suitable action.

You forgot that NE relies on connectivity through BD and access to the huge BD market - larger than W Bengal and NE states combined.

Also the BD economy is growing quicker and predicted to grow quicker than India into the future. BD will be the economic engine of the whole region and it's economic policies will shape your destiny.

India has given W Bengal and NE as BD's economic backyard to save them from economic failure.

@jamahir bhai we need to find you a nice fluffy Bangladeshi girl who knows how to cook Prawn cutlets in bread coating...

iu
iu

Yum yum.

And yes, a fluffy Bangladeshi girl is very welcome. I am trying to start a company at a startup level. Hopefully in three years I will have enough moolah to visit BD.

Yum yum.

And yes, a fluffy Bangladeshi girl is very welcome. I am trying to start a company at a startup level. Hopefully in three years I will have enough moolah to visit BD.
Don't worry bro. A few more years of Modi and you will become a "Bangladeshi" anyway.

You can then have all the seafood and freshwater fish you want. :D

You forgot that NE relies on connectivity through BD and access to the huge BD market - larger than W Bengal and NE states combined.
Except for Tripura (to a certain extent) no other NE state need to rely on BD exclusively for connectivity.

Extensive network of railways connecting Assam to all parts of India make connectivity a breeze, entire length of the Brahmaputra from Sadiya to Dhubri is navigable for trade & tourism. Assam alone has more bridges over the Brahmaputra than you have in your country over Jamuna.

For other states like Manipur, Mizoram etc, accessing SE Asia via Myanmar is far more pragmatic than Bangladesh.

OTOH, it is Bangladesh who desperately need NE Indian connectivity to ply their trade with countries like Bhutan and Nepal.

You need to understand that this is not a game of one-upmanship. You need our help more than we do, considering that you have a hostile nation to your east.

But you are right in saying that we do need access to your markets, the trade balance is heavily lopsided in our favour and we seek to keep it that way. Bringing Bangladesh into the cultural sphere of the Indian Union is our ultimate goal. The bonhomie between your people and the Bengalis in India works in our favour.

Except for Tripura (to a certain extent) no other NE state need to rely on BD exclusively for connectivity.

Extensive network of railways connecting Assam to all parts of India make connectivity a breeze, entire length of the Brahmaputra from Sadiya to Dhubri is navigable for trade & tourism. Assam alone has more bridges over the Brahmaputra than you have in your country over Jamuna.

For other states like Manipur, Mizoram etc, accessing SE Asia via Myanmar is far more pragmatic than Bangladesh.

OTOH, it is Bangladesh who desperately need NE Indian connectivity to ply their trade with countries like Bhutan and Nepal.

You need to understand that this is not a game of one-upmanship. You need our help more than we do, considering that you have a hostile nation to your east.

But you are right in saying that we do need access to your markets, the trade balance is heavily lopsided in our favour and we seek to keep it that way. Bringing Bangladesh into the cultural sphere of the Indian Union is our ultimate goal. The bonhomie between your people and the Bengalis in India works in our favour.

LOL @ Myanmar being any threat as the contract for 16 MRCA planes to be signed this fiscal(end June 30) will instantly tip the military balance back in BD's favour. BD has an economy 5 times larger and the gap is only getting larger.

Forget going through the tiny and long Silguri corridor as that is so long as makes trade very expensive and that is why you need BD to reduce, distance, time and cost.

India needs BD far more than BD needs India. Trade balance is heavily tilted in BD's favour, connectivity and helping with NE insurgents.

BD only really may benefit when hydroelectric power flows in from Bhutan and Nepal and we can do without that as BD will soon become surplus in power with all the plants currently being built. Markets of Bhutan and Nepal are quite small.

BD's ultimate goal is to dominate the economies of W Bengal, NE, Nepal and Bhutan to create a common prosperity zone centred on the BD economic engine.

Trade balance is heavily tilted in BD's favour
Ok, alright!!

The Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FBCCI) president Sheikh Fazle Fahim on Monday said bilateral trade between Bangladesh & India was $9.5 billion in FY2017-18 with exports to India pegged at $0.87 billion and imports, at $8.6 billion.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...fazle-fahim/articleshow/70229327.cms?from=mdr

connectivity and helping with NE insurgents.
There won't be any NE insurgents around in a couple of years time. Btw, how does it feel fomenting trouble and insurgency in a country that in the first place helped liberate you?

BD only really may benefit when hydroelectric power flows in from Bhutan and Nepal
In case you don't know it, BD is already importing stuffs from Bhutan and Nepal via NE India.

Ok, alright!!

The Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FBCCI) president Sheikh Fazle Fahim on Monday said bilateral trade between Bangladesh & India was $9.5 billion in FY2017-18 with exports to India pegged at $0.87 billion and imports, at $8.6 billion.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...fazle-fahim/articleshow/70229327.cms?from=mdr

I meant in terms of that BD is the importer and India the exporter.
Remember that everything BD buys from India, it can get elsewhere at slightly higher cost.

As for NE insurgents, if BD starts turning a blind eye again, they will be back in vengeance. Remember both BD and Myanmar are helping with eliminating the insurgents.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom