What's new

What does Bangladesh think of West Bengal?

Remember that everything BD buys from India, it can get elsewhere at slightly higher cost.
Bangladesh is deeply attached to India in every way conceivable.. I wonder if she can look elsewhere. Anyway, we wish for such cooperation in the trade in goods and services sector to increase in the coming years.
As for NE insurgents, if BD starts turning a blind eye again, they will be back in vengeance. Remember both BD and Myanmar are helping with eliminating the insurgents.
Those days of BD helping and harbouring them are long gone. SHW had to earn a lot of goodwill to undo the almost irreparable damage caused by Khaleda's support to NE insurgency.

Bangladesh is deeply attached to India in every way conceivable.. I wonder if she can look elsewhere. Anyway, we wish for such cooperation in the trade in goods and services sector to increase in the coming years.

This I agree with.

Close and mutually beneficial relations between India and BD are the key to lift the economies of W Bengal, NE, Bhutan and Nepal.

In return BD will get a larger "home" market to grow it's industries.

Look at how dependent W Bengal is on BD:

https://www.business-standard.com/a...tering-bengal-rice-market-119051500949_1.html

"Rice mills in West Bengal are already suffering heavy losses due to the drastic fall in exports to Bangladesh, which was one of the major markets for the state."

W Bengal economy grows double-digit these days mainly due to trade with BD. This is the same for Assam as well.

Like it or not, Indian states that border BD will be pulled into it's economic orbit.

Those days of BD helping and harbouring them are long gone. SHW had to earn a lot of goodwill to undo the almost irreparable damage caused by Khaleda's support to NE insurgency.

India is even testing the patience of SHW with the NRC/CAA nonsense. Remember BD has cards to play here.

Tbh living in the UK I have zero interaction with West Bengalis. I imagine I'd be quite sympathetic and we wouldnt have too many issues sharing a space.

Generally West Bengalis seem fond of Bangladesh and I appreciate that.

The West Bengalis I've met that come as International students all support BJP on the pretense of development. They're nice people, but honestly they seem pretty careless about their identity.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom