What's new

What do you do?

What do you do?

• Total voters
Why do engineers in India go into management?:confused: Pretty much every engineer I know in India did their B.E and went straight to MBA. Why did you make the switch? Just curious.

This trend was started by the MNC's which entered India in the last decade. They usually say candidates who are 'Engineers with MBA' preferred. Because of this the students realised that just having a BE did not assure them a job, so they go on to complete their MBA. Also there is a feeling that it helps in your promotion in future which is a myth, as promotions are received based on performances. It is good for the entry level but after that it is usually perfomance.

SAP SCM / procurement consultant, certified SCMP, PMP and PMAC, loads of other certifications as well. Working at one of the IT biggies currently, was previously at Texton.

Cool man , you are of my area. I am in to SAP as techno-functional consultant primarily ABAP then MM/SRM. Working with IT biggy like you. Coming to your place next month :)

This trend was started by the MNC's which entered India in the last decade. They usually say candidates who are 'Engineers with MBA' preferred. Because of this the students realised that just having a BE did not assure them a job, so they go on to complete their MBA. Also there is a feeling that it helps in your promotion in future which is a myth, as promotions are received based on performances. It is good for the entry level but after that it is usually perfomance.

There is very interesting reason, "Why MNC prefer MBA with engineers". Engineering colleges just tell us "engineering approach" which is typically optimization of time and high usage of skills but then we people start failing as they climb up the orders say after 4-5 years. Once they reach on middle management, "management approach" demands them to effective utilize their resources, Grow business, Sell stuff and then engineers started getting failed (70%) this is the reason they want a resource to have both skills in balance, Not too techie, Not too manager.

There is very interesting reason, "Why MNC prefer MBA with engineers". Engineering colleges just tell us "engineering approach" which is typically optimization of time and high usage of skills but then we people start failing as they climb up the orders say after 4-5 years. Once they reach on middle management, "management approach" demands them to effective utilize their resources, Grow business, Sell stuff and then engineers started getting failed (70%) this is the reason they want a resource to have both skills in balance, Not too techie, Not too manager.

Fair point, but from what I have noticed, these Engineers rarely go into engineering jobs after completing their MBA. Kinda pointless to do engineering if you are not even going to use the knowledge/skills learned.

I am a scientist in biotech company

pros satisfaction

cons less money as compared with IT

I cannot post new thread in forum can somebody help me

Fair point, but from what I have noticed, these Engineers rarely go into engineering jobs after completing their MBA. Kinda pointless to do engineering if you are not even going to use the knowledge/skills learned.

One thing very clear, Engineering is not a course but an approach hence even you are not doing what you learned during engineering. It actually doesn't matter. I am working in IT biggy after doing B.Tech. (Com. Sc.) but the skill is different for what I have learned 7 years back.

Similarly there are plenty of engineers which find sales/marketing stuff more interesting or they get bored of this Engg job. Mostly in IT Cos.

I am a scientist in biotech company

pros satisfaction

cons less money as compared with IT

I cannot post new thread in forum can somebody help me

I think you need to have 100 posts for creating new thread. Please check forum rules.

-- Engineer (Biotechnology)
-- Published author of a National Bestseller titled 'The Journey of Rock...'
--Currently penning my second novel 'Phew! Was that a dream? Pinch me honey!' and plotting the third.
--Technical Writer in a IT company.

I love writing but I would love to be a filmmaker.

I am a 11th class student...

Pros:
When your roll number comes between two pretty girls...:man_in_love:
Head and Tail both are mine....:yu:

Cons:
Nothing...

Absolutely. So that you can understand both areas of business: Engineering related and Business i.e. Sales & Finance

-- Engineer (Biotechnology)
-- Published author of a National Bestseller titled 'The Journey of Rock...'
--Currently penning my second novel 'Phew! Was that a dream? Pinch me honey!' and plotting the third.
--Technical Writer in a IT company.

I love writing but I would love to be a filmmaker.

Have you got ebook version mate?

Are there no serving military officers, a bit senior kind of, like colonels ?,,,it is after ll a military forum, who is a former pilot except Chogy and Sir MuradK?
X-Man is also retired Fighter Pilot of Pakistan Air Force - Chogy is retired USAF- Muradk is also retired PAF Fighter Pilot then we also have Desert Falcon Retired Radar Controller USAF - Pshamim Retired PAF.We also have fatman17 Retired Pakistan Army and 2 serving Pakistan Army Officers.

X-Man is also retired Fighter Pilot of Pakistan Air Force - Chogy is retired USAF- Muradk is also retired PAF Fighter Pilot then we also have Desert Falcon Retired Radar Controller USAF - Pshamim Retired PAF.We also have fatman17 Retired Pakistan Army and 2 serving Pakistan Army Officers.

There is also Tiki Tam Tam (IA) and gambit (USAF). Must be more here.

Back
Top Bottom