What's new

What do Chinese think of Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all respect, I am the one who is an enthusiast to interact with Pakistani friends here. I said many times here I have best wishes to Pakistan to become a stable, prosperous and strong country with rich and fortunate people. I will never change it. And thanks to the friend who at me.

To be frank personally I am astonished to the poster who posted those contents with such kind of inductions.

IT IS WISE FOR INTERACTIONS AND CATCH EYEBALLS ALSO MOST STUPID UNDER SUCH A TIGHT RELATIONSHIP!!!

this part was deleted.

The above is just my personal experiences and I also want to share you the most moved occasions when I saw the reports.
1. The old man who keep guarding the tomb of Chinese who sacrificed in Pakistan to build roads.
2. The Pakistani cargo plane reached the Chengdu with all Pakistani military tents and their super honest attitudes.
3. The overseas Pakistani students stay with Chinese overseas students to guard and welcome Olympic torch in Europe.
4.CPEC signed.
5.Videos posted by both ppl from YouTube and domestic SNSs including Chinese tourists to Pakistan.

Last edited:
I feel we are too much concerned about what others think of us. There is a Korean saying "Arms bend inward". Look after your own.

Some folks are talking about forigen tourists coming into Pakistan. As if we are a tiny nation and we depend on forigeners to project our country. We are a 200 million with huge diaspora. How much we are projecting Pakistan to them? I can bet majority of those "blonde" and blue eyed Pakistanis of North, up in the mountains have perhaps never seen the black Pakistanis of Baluchistan costal belt and vice versa. This is how much "integrated" we are.

We need to build strong sense of nationalism among our people from Karachi to sost. Ditch that Arabanised history that says Pakistan came into being when Mohammad bin Qasim landed at Somiyani where clearly our history goes back to the world first civilization/empire here at the banks of River Indus. We need to start taking pride in our lands infact be arrogant about it. No one likes to talk and honour that son of soil who once stood against the evil empire and tyrant that was Alexander and defended the honour of these days lands just because he happened to be in times where our ancestors didn't have muslim names? Any other nation would have made monuments of him and immortalised him in pages of history.

Honour our people, take pride in them with the mentality of, our people, our lands and it's ancient history, our ways, our perceptions, all that, comes first. Without strong nationalism no one from outside will take notice of us and respect us.
Hey, I like the way you think. :)

I am just curious, how many Pakistanis in % support death penalty for leaving Islam, or stoning to death for adultery?

I heard very high ratios from "the west", so wanted to kn9w whether they were just manipulative western propagandas also.

Thanks!

Bro...This will go off topic...Secondly I have no true idea regarding this...

There are a variety of comments on the Internet, and sometimes you can't be too serious about it.
I hope you have the opportunity to come to China to experience!To understand what Chinese people really think

"Unfortunately Chinese people used to look down on India and Pakistan culture and economic backwardness. Nowadays chinese people see India as a possible trade partner and future economic power but also a strategic competitor. India is also provoking China by encouraging Tibetan seperatists and fielding a secret Tibetan army of some 10-20 thousand strong.

About Pakistan ... Go to Baidu forums and see how chinese people see Pakistanis as. Pakistanis are seen as Indian muslims who are even backward than arabs. They are mocked everyday. But Pakistan is an ally of China. During the worst period of China Pakistan was there as a friend. Pakistan maybe a cesspool of stupid backward arab worshipping people but they have proved to be a loyal friend. You reward your loyal friends even if they are *******s to everybody else."
Chinese people love Pakistani and cherish the friendship of Pakistan. I remember the comments on Chinese online news media when $US46B CPEC was signed. "Please do not set the fund limit on our iron brother and we should help as much as we can." is one of highest kudos comments. That should tell you a bit about how much Chinese feel about Pakistani.

This could be a rant of one single individual who might not even be a Chinese. Nevertheless this got me thinking. What do Chinese really think of Pakistani's? I don't mean the fancy speaches at diplomatic functions like "friendship higher then mountains la la". That is just business and in business you even deal with people who you find disgusting.
That one is definitely not a Chinese. If it were, that "Chinese" should get his/her head checked. In the eyes of Chinese elites, India is just an irritant nuisance to China and God knows whatever India's future will be.

Indeed the Chinese regard Pakistani only slightly above the Indian's. This does not look like "equal love" and that never bodes well for any relationship.
This is totally against the ground reality and does not bear any truth in regard with the Chinese view of Pakistan. Chinese call Pakistani as Iron Brother for a reason and we have only one "Iron Brother" on earth through these years.

Another rather disturbing fact is that as China prospers millions of Chinese are on the move and form significant numbers of tourists in the world today. The Chinese also tend to spen far more money then other tourists and are also very well behaved on the whole with no gangs of drunks running wild. Therefore they are sought out by tourist destination countries. London, Paris , Turkey , USA and you name it you will see millions of Chinese tourists.

Yet, Pakistan hardly is getting any Chinese tourists. What does this show? Chinese business interests are in Pakistan but their heart is in other places. Indeed I have not checked but I suspect more Chinese visit India then they do Pakistan. This possibly cannot be because Pakistan does not have fantastic sites - we have some of the best in the world but why are the Chinese avoiding coming to Pakistan - a country where they would be welcome with open arms?
Unfortunately this is something that should strive for improvement from both sides. As of now, traveling from China to Pakistan is not encouraged. First of all, it is very hard for Chinese to get a visa for tourism. Secondly, the visa fee costs about US$200 while other neighboring countries like Laos/Thailand/Cambodia/Korea are visa waiving destinations. Do we blame Pak government? No, I believe it is the sensible decision from the Pak government given the current security and safety situation. I could be wrong about the latest improvement and I will be glad to proved wrong on this. Thirdly, travelers are still not allowed to drive and pass through the border.

Should the security and stability be improved, you can expect at least 1 million visitors/year from China.

Chinese people love Pakistani and cherish the friendship of Pakistan. I remember the comments on Chinese online news media when $US46B CPEC was signed. "Please do not set the fund limit on our iron brother and we should help as much as we can." is one of highest kudos comments. That should tell you a bit about how much Chinese feel about Pakistani.

That one is definitely not a Chinese. If it were, that "Chinese" should get his/her head checked. In the eyes of Chinese elites, India is just an irritant nuisance to China and God knows whatever India's future will be.

This is totally against the ground reality and does not bear any truth in regard with the Chinese view of Pakistan. Chinese call Pakistani as Iron Brother for a reason and we have only one "Iron Brother" on earth through these years.

Unfortunately this is something that should strive for improvement from both sides. As of now, traveling from China to Pakistan is not encouraged. First of all, it is very hard for Chinese to get a visa for tourism. Secondly, the visa fee costs about US$200 while other neighboring countries like Laos/Thailand/Cambodia/Korea are visa waiving destinations. Do we blame Pak government? No, I believe it is the sensible decision from the Pak government given the current security and safety situation. I could be wrong about the latest improvement and I will be glad to proved wrong on this. Thirdly, travelers are still not allowed to drive and pass through the border.

Should the security and stability be improved, you can expect at least 1 million visitors/year from China.

;)

https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan-sees-huge-jump-in-chinese-visitors.442008/

In another forum a person claming to be Chinese member made the following remark when in conversation with a Indian member.

"Unfortunately Chinese people used to look down on India and Pakistan culture and economic backwardness. Nowadays chinese people see India as a possible trade partner and future economic power but also a strategic competitor. India is also provoking China by encouraging Tibetan seperatists and fielding a secret Tibetan army of some 10-20 thousand strong.

About Pakistan ... Go to Baidu forums and see how chinese people see Pakistanis as. Pakistanis are seen as Indian muslims who are even backward than arabs. They are mocked everyday. But Pakistan is an ally of China. During the worst period of China Pakistan was there as a friend. Pakistan maybe a cesspool of stupid backward arab worshipping people but they have proved to be a loyal friend. You reward your loyal friends even if they are *******s to everybody else."

This could be a rant of one single individual who might not even be a Chinese. Nevertheless this got me thinking. What do Chinese really think of Pakistani's? I don't mean the fancy speaches at diplomatic functions like "friendship higher then mountains la la". That is just business and in business you even deal with people who you find disgusting.

What I mean is the real sentiment beyond the official headlines and what the normal Chinese citizens think of Pakistanis. The problem here is most of us know what the average American, British, Australian or even Europeans like French or Germans think because English is the prevalent language and Pakistani's have a large diaspora communities living there and thus are a very effective barometer of their thoughts.

Chinese are differant. Until recently it a country that is so close officially but so far unofficialy. There has been far less intereaction with the real China then the the West by Pakistani's. So in a sense what Chinese think of Pakistani;s is to large degree masked and insultated from average Pakistani.

Is this important? Yes it is. Whilst business is above everything but the problem is for a long term strategic relationship to develop and mature at differant levels also requires a sense of goodwill between people. Once upon a time USA is also enjoyed a very strong relationship with Pakistan but under it all at the ground level there was friction. Most Americans did not find average Pakistani agreeable. This friction on the ground would along with other factors lead to where we are today.

I guess what I am saying is if Chinese dislike us in private than this China/Pak thing is only going to go so far before the internal contradictions start showing up. There is a essential differance between Chinese and the West. Chinese tend to be more introverted in their thinking and ae not prone in showing what they really think. They might hate you but you won't see it behind the smiling face. However in private and in Chinese fora where they are free to say what they want - hardly any outsiders and even less Pakistani's speak Chinese therefore are sealed off from what is really said. This is unlike the Western style of saying it as it is and being quite forthright in their views. Their media is very accessible as English is the most used language.

From the few objective measure we have things don't look pretty. The "higher then moountain" love only seems to be coming from the Pakistani side. The Chinese are not returning those feelings. Indeed shockingly Chinese have far more favourable image of USA then Pakistan despite Pakistani's regarding China as hevean on earth with 78% of Pakistani's - the top on the list with pro China views.

Indeed the Chinese regard Pakistani only slightly above the Indian's. This does not look like "equal love" and that never bodes well for any relationship.

China05.png

What other countries thought of China. Pakistan came top in holding pro China views.

23h0n08.jpg

Is this important? Very much so because any relationship requires the 'likeability factor' for it to sustain and grow into a viable and dynamic relationship. Further, it gives and should give thought to those in positions of power bith in Pakistan and China to work on improving the image of each other by creating positive people to people contacts and or setting up lobby groups which work to find ways to improve the relationship stock in China.

Another rather disturbing fact is that as China prospers millions of Chinese are on the move and form significant numbers of tourists in the world today. The Chinese also tend to spen far more money then other tourists and are also very well behaved on the whole with no gangs of drunks running wild. Therefore they are sought out by tourist destination countries. London, Paris , Turkey , USA and you name it you will see millions of Chinese tourists.

Yet, Pakistan hardly is getting any Chinese tourists. What does this show? Chinese business interests are in Pakistan but their heart is in other places. Indeed I have not checked but I suspect more Chinese visit India then they do Pakistan. This possibly cannot be because Pakistan does not have fantastic sites - we have some of the best in the world but why are the Chinese avoiding coming to Pakistan - a country where they would be welcome with open arms?

There is no issue here on the business side of the relationship. The survey below shows most Chinese are supportive of more cooperation with Pakistan.

China04.png

I invite thoughts on thos from senior Pak members and Chinese members. This is a serious issue that despite being uncomfortable needs looking at so that this problem can be addressed. What do they say? Accepting you have a problem is half of the solution.

Where is the link and it seems very old i think 2014 and even Chinese don't trust that.https://www.quora.com/Why-do-the-Ch...at-the-majority-of-Pakistan-loves-the-Chinese

The issue is bigger then what this guy's identity is. I think Pakistan has a issue. For example I am pretty sure more Chinese tourists go to India then Pakistan. I can understand why Pakistan has no Israeli tourists and India is awash with them but Chinese?

A quick read up tells me over 210,000 Chinese tourists went to India. I doubt even 2,000 went to Pakistan. Somebody have any stats for Pakistan?

Improve your internal security and world will come. Why you don't visit Afghanistan? same reasons for us too

In every country you have different types of people and nobody should take the comments mentioned on the internet seriously. Since I have traveled to China I know for certain that the Chinese people respect Pakistan. The only difference is that most Chinese people have no understanding of Pakistani culture and vice versa.

At the political level the relation is very warm and friendly. Unfortunately at the social and people to people level, Chinese people generally know little about Pakistan and Pakistani culture.

The few Chinese online here tend to be the tip of the tip of a huge iceberg, the vast majority know little about Pakistan.

Reasons for poor perception :

Pakistan proximity to the middle east and being grouped with the people and violence there.

Pakistan is adjacent to Xinjiang and the terrorism there.

Pakistan is confused with being Indian and that is never good.

East Turkestan terrorism in China is grouped with Islam and Pakistan is Islamic.

A lot of people in China dont know sh*t about Pakistan and past help China received when the rest of the world was trying to fcuk China over.

Indian false flaggers trying to fcuk things up between China and Pakistan.

Indian false flaggers trying to fcuk things up between China and Pakistan.

Nonsense, the rest of your post I agree with - you couldn't resist the temptation to score brownie points with Pakistanis at the end. The average Chinese opinion isn't formed by an Indian false flagger

If you think about it, why would Chinese and Pakistanis be close? (not talking about government to government relations which are close obviously) There is no cultural, language or religious overlap which are the common reasons that people of countries develop close ties. This can however, be overcome over time with sustained cultural exchanges and government propaganda.

Can anyone explain how the friendship between Pakistan and China begin in the first place ?

For average Chinese Chow ( replacement for English Joe) there are Chinese and then there are "Others"

Forget India my friend. As far as Chinese go - talk Buddhism > talk Pakistan. Buddhism was 'exported' from a region in Pakistan called Gandhara along what is now the Karakorum Highway to China. Refer to map below. You will notice capital of Pakistan - Islamabad at bottom right of the map. This is where Buddhism took off to to China. There are fantastic sties in this regin of Pakistan. India does not have anything like this. Only Nepal the homeland of Buddhism can match. The problem is most historical literature about this subject was written by English during British India days and they used the word 'India' because it coveed everything from Burma, Bangladesh, Nepal, modern India, Pakistan in one colony.
There you go! Are you doing it out of vengeance - ignoring facts? Care to look at the below link?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodhi_Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom