What's new

What comes first?Nation or religion?

What comes first?

• Nation

Votes: 112 62.6%
  • Religion

Votes: 67 37.4%

• Total voters
Another example, we'll fight a lot about Secularism vs Shariah rule in Pakistan. Shariah proponents would argue that they can't abandon Islam for man-made laws of Pakistan, but whenever Pakistan is threatened everyone would be on the same page and fight the common enemy first.

There is just no simple comparison. You're asking is x > y without giving an equation to work with. As proudpakistanistudent said the answer would vary when individuals are put in various scenarios.

Another example, we'll fight a lot about Secularism vs Shariah rule in Pakistan. Shariah proponents would argue that they can't abandon Islam for man-made laws of Pakistan, but whenever Pakistan is threatened everyone would be on the same page and fight the common enemy first.

There is just no simple comparison. You're asking is x > y without giving an equation to work with. As proudpakistanistudent said the answer would vary when individuals are put in various scenarios.

Looking it over all.
If you are in a nation, (foreign), that is not islamic and islamic rules arent followed, then the answer is neither. It is money. You are leaving your country for money as you arent for the country, neither religeon.

So mostly, either it is both, or none !!

completely agree with it.
Religin teaches us to be faithful to our country. The comparison is just like comparing religion with its teachings itself.

19966.gif

God has sent us to the earth to worship him,he never gave a concept of different countries,it's man made and belonged to earth only.we should not forget that we are here for a very small period and after death,we'll have an immortal life and there nobody will be recognised as which national he is,only on faith people would be judged so,nation concept will remain in the world only.When you will face your maker,he will look into your eyes and ask about your faith,not any nation,After death,a person during judgment day,will not recognise his mother who kept im in her womb for 9 months,will forget his father who dedicated his all life for that person so,the nation is nowhere.We will be judged on our faith not on our patriotism,keeping my immortal life after death in eyes, i can give away my nation's concept away and support the religion which promises to give me better life after death..Nation and everything will be left behind and only faith will go with you.:)

Thats the reason Indian Muslims dont sing Vande matram or national anthem, because it says bow to thee.

They have first and foremost allegiance to Allah.

^^^ I don't think it applies to all muslims in India. I would say majority of them are loyal to India.. Of course they are people who give muslimhood more preference than their nation..but that's their choice..

I would think most Indians regardless of religion would put India first than their respective religion.

Religion over nation.

I am patriotic but I love my religion. Allah said in the Qur'an that he formed nations and countries "so that [we] may know one another". If this is the real idea of nationality, there will be a time when we unite under religion.

Nationalities are for this life. Religion is for the infinite years in the next.

Nation always, every time Religion divides nation based on religion, nation unites people of different religion. Few lines from Madhusala

Mandir-Masjid bair karate,
Mel karati Madhushala

Mandir-Masjid door bhagate,
Pas bulati Madhushala

Mandir-Masjid-Girja tonde,
Unhen jodati Madhushala

madiraalaya jaane ko ghar se
chaltaa hai peenewaalaa,

'kis path par jaaoon ?' asamanjas
me hai wah bholaa bhaalaa;

alag alag path batlaate sab
par mai yah batlaataa hun -

'raah pakad tu ek chalaa chal,
paa jayegaa madhushala.'

Being Hindu comes first for me as this life is just a test, the earth is a material world not a spiritual one a person's soul (atman) lives on after death and based on karma (actions) once fate is decided.

For me, my nation, motherland india comes first. .Ma tuje salam. Vande mataram

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom