What's new

What China Is Thinking, Chinese economic evaluation of Japan, the EU and the US

interesting if a true government document.

Contempt often leads to hubris, such as China's overestimation of its South China Sea influence.

Better business people than you agrees with this financial assessment and wasn't American hubris in the financial market that brought the world market crashing down? The difference here is China is being accused of hubris and America has acted out of hubris, out Iraq in 8 month after the end of the war, out of Afghanistan in 10, bet on American house prices going up forever and build every complex financial instrument under sun based on that assumption.

Ignoring the clueless idiot for a moment, I'll ask why hasn't anyone said anything about what I think is the most important part of the article?

If this is indeed what the Chinese are thinking, then their mercantilism would seem to be a stepping stone towards achieving a self-sustaining economy, where internal demand is satiated by internal production — in other words a balanced (and hermetic) economy.

What is China doing to end dependence on the U.S. for China's exports - is there such a strategy?

For boost in internal comsumption, there is a bump in the min. wage, letting the Yuan appreciate (about 5% since June), for the dollar problem, China is diversifying into the Euro and the Yen. You won't see dramatic moves, China knows it has time and its economic reforms doesn't run on campaign promises that have to filled in before the politician's term is over.

Ignoring the clueless idiot for a moment, I'll ask why hasn't anyone said anything about what I think is the most important part of the article?

In the long run that may not be a good position to be in because it tends to encourages enclosed political thinkings like what happened in the past. Besides capitals can achieve more when it is kept flowing around the world.

In the long run that may not be a good position to be in because it tends to encourages enclosed political thinkings like what happened in the past. Besides capitals can achieve more when it is kept flowing around the world.

I don't think we are talking about imperial China levels of isolation, something that is well neigh impossible today. I see nothing wrong with hedge against volatility, especially considering the irresponsible way the US financial and economic policies are administered.

Best case scenario for China in this case-it achieves a hermetic economy for its internal consumption(which becomes strong) and continues to export goods overseas to other economies, due to its comparative advantage over other manufactruring nations in the west, it reaps the benefit of a strong internal demand and exporting surplus.

If China were to adopt a totally hermit economy, it'll lose out to others in the technology field, unless it brings it up to a level where it is the technological leader in all fields. Globalisation is here to stay and has benefits for all, you just need to look beyond the short term effects.

China's new silk roads will cover the globe. The sun will not set on China's new silk roads.

India's wet dream for China to reclusive. And lets remember, all those Indian temples in South East Asia, they are not "Vedic", but Tamilian.

Back
Top Bottom