What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

10 Nostalgic songs from the 90,s

Last edited:
this is "o meu amigo" sung by mercedes peon, a female singer from the galicia region of spain... listen to the easy power of her voice... i first heard this maybe ten years ago on the wonderful world-music program of bbc worldservice called "charlie gillet".

the song is traditional, it seems... actually "tribal"...

live version... the throw of her voice !!!

@IrbiS @levina @WAJsal @fakhre mirpur @haviZsultan @Nihonjin1051

sorry, couldn't find dailymotion versions.

Last edited:
this is "o meu amigo" sung my mercedes peon, a female singer from the galicia region of spain... listen to the easy power of her voice... i first heard this maybe ten years ago on the wonderful world-music program of bbc worldservice called "charlie gillet".

the song is traditional, it seems... actually "tribal"...

live version... the throw of her voice !!!

@IrbiS @levina @WAJsal @fakhre mirpur @haviZsultan @Nihonjin1051

sorry, couldn't find dailymotion versions.

Wow!!
She was good. I must confess I did not understand a word of that song.

Heard of Mama Africa?? She sang a beautiful song called "Malaika, nakupende malaika"(translation: angel, I love my angel). It's a very famous Swahili song. I first heard a friend of mine humming it. The original song it seems was released was back in 60's. I even stumbled upon BoneyM's version of it. :)

Wow!!
She was good. I must confess I did not understand a word of that song.

Heard of Mama Africa?? She sang a beautiful song called "Malaika, nakupende malaika"(translation: angel, I love my angel). It's a very famous Swahili song. I first heard a friend of mine humming it. The original song it seems was released was back in 60's. I even stumbled upon BoneyM's version of it. :)

i have heard the refrain before, i don't remember whether on radio or as some hindi film song... but i have never heard it full-length... thanks.

it was lovely lyrics, sentimental and melancholic, though i suppose it is meant to be a man's song... or maybe not... but it is something i would want to sing to woo the object of my obsession. :-)

though my present sentiment is actually, heh heh heh...

@WAJsal ^^^ :D

by the way, saif looks quite suave... he can be india's entry to slot of chief villain in a james bond film.

but back to "malaika".

the translator, adam fulgence, did a wonderful job... and by the way, who were the indian-looking people at 1:38 mins??

i liked miriam's version.

i have heard the refrain before, i don't remember whether on radio or as some hindi film song... but i have never heard it full-length... thanks.

it was lovely lyrics, sentimental and melancholic, though i suppose it is meant to be a man's song... or maybe not... but it is something i would want to sing to woo the object of my obsession. :-)

though my present sentiment is actually, heh heh heh...

@WAJsal ^^^ :D

by the way, saif looks quite suave... he can be india's entry to slot of chief villain in a james bond film.

but back to "malaika".

the translator, adam fulgence, did a wonderful job... and by the way, who were the indian-looking people at 1:38 mins??

i liked miriam's version.
lol bro .

persian-armenian music (andy)

Big Blue Monkey - For a look in your Genuis

Back
Top Bottom