What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

The song has a very spanish touch

Really ?

If you are a Pirates of the Carribean fan you will love this

Nice one. Speaking of eternal wait for one's love.

And the melody reminded me of this song from the same film. A deadly song.

Good gentle music. Kora looks a bit similar to sitar but a bit different as well.

Who knows ? In the old days, hundreds of years ago, the kora would have been played in the cafes of Timbuktu.

Beautiful piece all round. I have posted the long version of this piece before. The kora, the drum and the guitar. The kora is easily among the world's most exquisite instruments. Perhaps the most.

I first came to know of the kora and West African music generally when I would listen to BBC World Service radio's program Charlie Gillett presented by the musicologist of the same name. He passed away in 2010.

I believe Sona Jobarteh is the only prominent female player of the kora.

---

@Zibago @Mentee @ps3linux @Indos @vishwambhar @KedarT @B+ Dracula

Tujhyat Jeev Rangala

Composed: A.V. Prafullachandra
Singer: Anandi Joshi

This reminds me of the simple folks in my village living their life without the hustle and bustle of city life, no peer pressure, no comparisons, no unnecessary importance given to money.

@jamahir @padamchen @Naofumi @vishwambhar @Nilgiri @Indos @Chhatrapati

Nice peppy song. Nice visuals and melody. What does "Rangala" mean ?

About importance given to money, sadly many of the farmers who commit suicide in India many are from Maharashtra and they do so because of socio-economic reasons.

Nice peppy song. Nice visuals and melody. What does "Rangala" mean ?
It's more of a rural word I guess but what it essentially means is that my soul has been immersed with yours (Tujhyat Jeev Rangala).

About importance given to money, sadly many of the farmers who commit suicide in India many are from Maharashtra and they do so because of socio-economic reasons.
That's a harsh reality unfortunately and many of the farmers who commit suicide come from the Vidarbha region (Akola, Amravati, Yavatmal, etc) where there is acute shortage of water, the soil quality isn't the greatest and they tend to take loans from illegal moneylenders and are unable to pay them off which also means that the outreach of the banks in the public sector in these rural areas isn't adequate enough. The literacy rate too isn't at par and there's also a certain perceived neglect shown towards that region from the more economically well off region of Western Maharashtra. This should have changed when Fadnavis who hails from Nagpur became the CM but the results under the NDA government too weren't up to the par even though they passed some agriculture related policies that were more conducive for farmers.

and many of the farmers who commit suicide come from the Vidarbha region (Akola, Amravati, Yavatmal, etc) where there is acute shortage of water, the soil quality

I think the solution to this place's problem, as with other such places in India, would be to gather the populations of say ten villages and create townships for them where there are five-storey computer-controlled Vertical Farms at neighborhood level. These Vertical Farms should use Hydroponics technique and the needed water should be delivered in pipelines that source the water from distant rivers. Please read this article.

I have been planning to create a thread on this topic.

Some music you want to listen to when on a Patrol in Chechnya/Grozny
WHEN THE TREES START TO SPEAKING AMERICAN [Alternate History]

Last edited:
1. 'Bheegi bheegi raaton main' by ISI Major Adnan Sami :D
b. By Sanam band. As good as the original. As usual another good one by Sanam band.​

The next songs were those I recollected from their actors appearing in this year's Indian Idol.

2. 'Tere khayaalon main hum' from the film Geet Gaya Pattharon Ne.

3. 'Meri saanson ko jo mehekarahi hai' from the film Badalte Rishte.

4. 'Sun lo haseena kajal wali' from the film Sangeet.

---

@Zibago @Mentee @fitpOsitive @Goenitz @KedarT @B+ Dracula @Indos

1. 'Bheegi bheegi raaton main' by ISI Major Adnan Sami :D
b. By Sanam band. As good as the original. As usual another good one by Sanam band.​

The next songs were those I recollected from their actors appearing in this year's Indian Idol.

2. 'Tere khayaalon main hum' from the film Geet Gaya Pattharon Ne.

3. 'Meri saanson ko jo mehekarahi hai' from the film Badalte Rishte.

4. 'Sun lo haseena kajal wali' from the film Sangeet.

---

@Zibago @Mentee @fitpOsitive @Goenitz @KedarT @B+ Dracula @Indos
Boht Bury thy sary gany... 😂
Main yeh sun raha tha
@jamahir

Not even the ISI Major's song ?

:lol:
I don't like Adnan Sami. Pakistan gave him everything, and what he said about Pakistan was not true. Even though he sang many nice songs, but I don't like he his songs anymore. I don't like his face. I am wrong here, I know, but such are emotions.

Back
Top Bottom