What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Svar Tipecha

The song starts from 1:48 onwards. Sujit Phatak is a really good guitarist as well as a singer. The poem is written by Sandeep Khare.

Yes, he's a good guitarist.

I know "Swar" means words but what does "Tipecha" mean ?

And the original sung by Shailesh Ranade

Nice musical backing.

At 3:38 mins there is the word "Grishma". I know that is a common name for Delhi-side Hindu women. What does the word mean ?

Yes, he's a good guitarist.

I know "Swar" means words but what does "Tipecha" mean ?
A closer meaning of 'swar' would be sound. But I too don't know what 'Tipecha' means. Many of these songs have high-level Marathi which is difficult to understand for me. :(

Nice musical backing.

At 3:38 mins there is the word "Grishma". I know that is a common name for Delhi-side Hindu women. What does the word mean ?
'Grishma' is basically summer. Why are Delhi-side women called Grishma?

Being out of Western music for a while now. Don't know what is in at the moment. Listen occasionally when driving.

At the moment, soul searching song like this will do.

The singer's voice is like of the late Jagjit Singh.

Man, I can sing far far better than him.

Beautiful piece all round. I have posted the long version of this piece before. The kora, the drum and the guitar. The kora is easily among the world's most exquisite instruments. Perhaps the most.

I first came to know of the kora and West African music generally when I would listen to BBC World Service radio's program Charlie Gillett presented by the musicologist of the same name. He passed away in 2010.

I believe Sona Jobarteh is the only prominent female player of the kora.

---

@Zibago @Mentee @ps3linux @Indos @vishwambhar @KedarT @B+ Dracula

Beautiful piece all round. I have posted the long version of this piece before. The kora, the drum and the guitar. The kora is easily among the world's most exquisite instruments. Perhaps the most.

I first came to know of the kora and West African music generally when I would listen to BBC World Service radio's program Charlie Gillett presented by the musicologist of the same name. He passed away in 2010.

---

Why skin color is so important.

I don't know. May be a random question.
😁👍

Skin color shouldn't matter, but in South Asia it sadly seems to matter. All that 'Fair and Lovely' cream hungama. And matrimonial ads calling for "Fair" girls and men also presenting themselves as "Fair" as if that's the most important qualifier.

Skin color shouldn't matter, but in South Asia it sadly seems to matter. All that 'Fair and Lovely' cream hungama. And matrimonial ads calling for "Fair" girls and men also presenting themselves as "Fair" as if that's the most important qualifier.
Kali aurtain monh pe aata mal ker samajhti Hain keh khobsorat hogaeen. Gori aurtain monh pe surma mal ker samajhti Hain keh khobsorat hogaeen.
Koi khush Hai khud se?

Last edited:

---

Will check later👍

---

The song has a very spanish touch

I am just listening to this by Nescafe

---

Good gentle music. Kora looks a bit similar to sitar but a bit different as well.

Back
Top Bottom