What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Many times, it is a sort of "unconscious inspiration", not known to the MD. He has heard something, may be cursorily, and it has gone out of his memory.

Once, about 12 years back, one Pakistani MD Sahib, known to me, was composing music for a Punjabi movie. He asked me to listen to one Punjabi song, he had composed on that day. I told Khan Sahib that it is a ditto copy of an Indian song. He was totally flabbergasted; because he had never heard that Indian song. Still, we retained that composition, because it was going very well with the lyrics, and the scene of the movie, where it was to be filmized.

Yes it is very much possible. I am tempted to ask, are you connected with the Arts & Entertainment industry actively?

This song (Tairi ulfat main ...) is not Naheed Akhtar's original song. She has only reproduced it, like some other singers. It was originally sung be a renown Pakistani singer Zubaida Khanum, for the movie "Sarfarosh (1956)", in composition of Rasheed Attre.

:tup: But I liked the earthy voice she has, in contrast to Lata's sometimes too mathematical tones which is removed of charm.

perhaps u r hinting of this:

Maybe it is this or I must be connecting Masood Rana's voice similarity to Rafi's and imagining a male voice. I will think on it. It will come in time.

I really like the oldies... best era for songs and movies
ANd yup teri ulfat mein sanam etc... I used to listen to her and other singers alot... munni begum, naheed akhtar, farida khanum, Iqbal bano etc.

One song by Farida Khanum is well known in India now : 'Aaj jaanay ki zidd na karo' :

'Aaj...' must have been sung many a time in India on stage but classical music performances in auditoriums have a niche attendance so the song wasn't that popular until I think this performance from 2017 by the pretty and charming Avanti Patel on her YT channel. The violinist and the tabla player are good too. Avanti was in the top nine in Indian Idol season 10 which was held the next year :

But I also very like this performance by Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan at the Dhaka International FolkFest 2018. I liked his conduct - charming and gentlemanly. He was charming with the audience, inviting them to sing along in a very respectful and patient manner and talked to some and was firm but gentle with someone who was on the phone during the concert :

By knowing from the comments the lovely lady at 5:40 mins who sang so well is Shithi Saha, a Bangladesh singer who seems to be respected and does sing well from the two songs I have listened. She is such a desi beauty !
FOZQLXmVQAE0zu9

FDWO8zcVEAENWpZ

FCKfT8pUYAMRHyP

E0pytkKVUAM7FZQ

From which perspective? Lyrics or composition?

Composition.

You liked her, probably, because she is "voluptuous". :lol: :lol:

Ha ha, yes. A pretty face to go with that voluptuous figure. :D And she is expressive, natural and her voice is earthy like I said above, unlike the sometimes mathematicalness of Lata.

And have a look at the BD lovely above - Shithi. Her cat will be a topic for introducing myself in case I meet her if I am able to open a BD office for my soon-to-come computing company. I will convince her for tea. :D

Many times, it is a sort of "unconscious inspiration", not known to the MD. He has heard something, may be cursorily, and it has gone out of his memory.

Once, about 12 years back, one Pakistani MD Sahib, known to me, was composing music for a Punjabi movie. He asked me to listen to one Punjabi song, he had composed on that day. I told Khan Sahib that it is a ditto copy of an Indian song. He was totally flabbergasted; because he, to his memory, had never heard that Indian song. Neither he knew anything about that Indian movie. That song was: "Shaayed mairi shaadi ka khayaal ...." of movie "Souten (1983)".

Still, we retained that composition, because it was going very well with the lyrics, and the scene of the movie, where it was to be filmized.

Who is an MD ?

Bangladesh Border Control alerted

Apun ko fikar nahi. Firstly, I will be a legitimate company establisher in BD, adding to its techno-political influence. ;) Secondly, my Bangladeshi progressive comrades like @VikingRaider and @AmiEktaKharapChele will help me find intelligence of where lovely Shithi might be found so that I accidently go there. :enjoy:

Apun ko fikar nahi. Firstly, I will be a legitimate company establisher in BD, adding to its economy. ;) Secondly, my Bangladeshi progressive comrades like @VikingRaider and @AmiEktaKharapChele will help me find intelligence of where lovely Shithi might be found so that I accidently go there. :enjoy:
Be a sigma male... strive for revolution in BD.

Be a sigma male... strive for revolution in BD.

I must thank you very much for introducing this song to me given the circumstances in India now where this song about Zia then is about Modi and his minions now. :) I didn't understand many of the words in the song so if you have an English subtitled version please post it because it is of much use here.

From the things I could understand was the call to the country's artistes not to become part of the propaganda of the oppressor government. This happened in case of Nazi Germany and is a 100 times more and more obscene in case of India. Goebbels would be shocked by the levels of propaganda and violence here that surpasses his own talents.

About me to be a sigma male, well, I am one. Communists and Communist Muslims are a rare variety now in India. :) Though there is a good presence of progressives here including Communists of various shades. On Saturday I met a senior member in one of the Communist groups and I saw young people there including females. This was wonderful. The leader I spoke to said that these youths are committed people who normally stay in the office even up to 12 in the night and one young man who was fresh out of law college had gotten taste of police lathi when he agitated either for Dalit rights or farmer rights.

There is the Communist Party of Bangladesh who I want to meet and collaborate, whenever that will happen but it will. And lovely Shithi can sing a translated Habib Jalib song or Faiz song and I will convince her over long tea sessions to do this. :D

@jamahir

Two issues warrant special attention:
1) What if, BD Border Force have platoons of watch dogs ..... ?

Well, I wouldn't sneak across the border but will go via the legal routes, after all I will be going there to establish an office and meet up with open progressives. :D

2) What if, the lady in question is ardent dog lover ...... ?
😛😛😛😛😛

Nein :
E0pytkKVUAM7FZQ

She might be both cat as well as dog lover, as @-=virus=- professes to be.

Checked a lot of her Twitter and Insta feeds, no dogs, only her cat :

And here she is inviting me for tea :

Actually she flew to Calcutta to meet me on a flying carpet in 2020 but I didn't know :( :

She says "Come" to me to sit with her on a garden bench and talk in that gentle surroundings. Talk and brush that hair from her face :

Back
Top Bottom