What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

So you want the two songs in my post to be removed too, and the banter in it with you ? I thought I be friendly with you despite your previous hostility with me but I now found you still a hostile idiot. Adiós para siempre.
There is no hostility, there is just disagreements, which happens on different topics/subjects which are discussed under the right thread/banner. We cannot do so on every thread. You are harassing people now. Nobody can post anything anywhere out of fear of Jamahir (half) quoting him and putting words in his mouth only to discuss subjects which he likes over and over again.

There is no hostility, there is just disagreements, which happens on different topics/subjects which are discussed under the right thread/banner. We cannot do so on every thread. You are harassing people now. Nobody can post anything anywhere out of fear of Jamahir (half) quoting him and putting words in his mouth only to discuss subjects which he likes over and over again.

I don't harass anyone. I am not Virus or Areesh types. And I don't put words into anyone's mouth, I only react to what they say overtly or what they intend.

Last edited:

yes-rock.gif

'Bahaaron mera jeevan bhi savaaro' from film Aakhri Khat. A rare song that depicts some female desires in a gentle way :

'Aree o shokh kaliyon muskura dena woh jab aayen' from the film Jab Yaad Kisi Ki Aati Hai. A man's desires and expressings in poetry and in Dharam's cravat :

Another song with "Shokh". 'Shokh nazar ki bijliyaan' from film Woh Kaun Thi. As a lady Asha in the comments noted, Manoj was such a handsome chap :

'Woh shaam kuch ajeeb thi' from the 1969 film Khamoshi but the song became quite famous in the late 90s :

'Chalay jaana zara thehero' from film Around The World. Ah, the beautiful and charming Rajshree :
"Haseen jharnon kay saayay may akela chodd jaatay ho
Hamaaray dil ko aakhir kisliyay tum tod jaatay ho
Zara dum lo, kaha maano, kisi ka dum nikalta hai
Ye manzar dekh kar jaana, chalay jaana"

@Mentee @fitpOsitive @KedarT @vishwambhar @PDF @SIPRA @villageidiot

Arey @jamahir bhaiya, kaahe itna tensioniya rahey ho. Dui tho paan chabaye liyo banarsi, tambakhu sahit toh khopadiya mast khul jaee. Ek dum tanatan :chilli:

View attachment 907755

Tanik upar dekhiyay, gaana in tension out. :D

Last edited:

PDF janaab, kaif al haal ? Some of these songs are so sad. Not melancholic but sad. But the Nayyara song 'Har chand sahaara hai teray pyaar ka dil ko' is so beautiful. I was lost in the song. Her voice, the singing, lyrics, the music... nice ! It must have been so nice to be in the audience. I have never been in a live song performance, especially like this song. I have bookmarked your post for her song. Now I know why some Pakistani members of PDF talk about her. Thanks. The song reminds me of some background songs in old Hindi serials and films.

And the initial singing in your first song : 'Teri yaad aa gayi...' reminds me of some old Bollywood song that I am unable to place. Perhaps @SIPRA and @Paitoo can say.

One of the recommendations from your song pages was this one by Naheed Akhtar. I didn't actually like the song itself but wanted to say that I came to know of her many years ago when she sang for an Indian TV show it was I think. Years ago. I thought what a beautiful lady. In this song too she seems elegant, graceful and expressive but this song is not her best :

And the initial singing in your first song : 'Teri yaad aa gayi...' reminds me of some old Bollywood song that I am unable to place. Perhaps @SIPRA and @Paitoo can say.

Can't say. But there are bound to be similarities in early Bollywood music and Pakistani film music. There are 2 distinct sounds to music of that era. One is this and the other was Bengali / East Indian due to presence of SD Burman, Pankaj Mullick

In this song too she seems elegant, graceful and expressive but this song is not her best :

This song (Tairi ulfat main ...) is not Naheed Akhtar's original song. She has only reproduced it, like some other singers. It was originally sung be a renown Pakistani singer Zubaida Khanum, for the movie "Sarfarosh (1956)", in composition of Rasheed Attre.

perhaps u r hinting of this:

I really like the oldies... best era for songs and movies
ANd yup teri ulfat mein sanam etc... I used to listen to her and other singers alot... munni begum, naheed akhtar, farida khanum, Iqbal bano etc.

This is a happy vibe song.

Yes ....... and also R C Boral, Anil Biswas, Salil Chowdhury, Hemant Kumar etc. etc.

How could I forget Salil Chowdhury and Hemant Kumar.
A lot of old Bollywood tunes are copied / 'inspired' from regional music, especially Bengali. Youtube ne saray raaz khol diye. Puranay sabhi composers ki pant utaar di, the ones we used to treat like holy cows.

How could I forget Salil Chowdhury and Hemant Kumar.
A lot of old Bollywood tunes are copied / 'inspired' from regional music, especially Bengali. Youtube ne saray raaz khol diye. Puranay sabhi composers ki pant utaar di, the ones we used to treat like holy cows.

Many times, it is a sort of "unconscious inspiration", not known to the MD. He has heard something, may be cursorily, and it has gone out of his memory.

Once, about 12 years back, one Pakistani MD Sahib, known to me, was composing music for a Punjabi movie. He asked me to listen to one Punjabi song, he had composed on that day. I told Khan Sahib that it is a ditto copy of an Indian song. He was totally flabbergasted; because he, to his memory, had never heard that Indian song. Neither he knew anything about that Indian movie. That song was: "Shaayed mairi shaadi ka khayaal ...." of movie "Souten (1983)".

Still, we retained that composition, because it was going very well with the lyrics, and the scene of the movie, where it was to be filmized.

Back
Top Bottom