What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Screenshot_20220526-035814_Deezer.jpg

Coke Studio Season 10| Muntazir| Danyal Zafar & Momina Mustehsan

So beautiful

@KedarT

Very Indian style music

Do you see Indonesian pop music in general has distinctive style compared to Western music ?

I give you here new slow song and the lyric is beautiful if you understand

Actually it doesn't have a distinctive style but is very similar to most Western pop. However, you have posted songs that blend traditional Indonesian style with modernity. One was what you said was a sad Dangdut song being performed by a hijabi female in a singing competition. I liked that song a lot. Her singing was also much liked by the judges. She was singing "Siya, siya". Remember ?

Yes, she was very pretty and graceful. The first pic is from Noorie.

Coke Studio Season 10| Muntazir| Danyal Zafar & Momina Mustehsan

So beautiful

Momima Mustehsan... Iss khatoon ka naam lete lete hi dam nikal jaata hai.

Actually it doesn't have a distinctive style but is very similar to most Western pop. However, you have posted songs that blend traditional Indonesian style with modernity. One was what you said was a sad Dangdut song being performed by a hijabi female in a singing competition. I liked that song a lot. Her singing was also much liked by the judges. She was singing "Siya, siya". Remember ?

Yup, Indian music is very distinctive, I show that cities people music. Indian music is also frequenly having fast rythm, if you have slow one, I would like to hear,

Beside dangdut, each ethnic has different style music, as you know Keroncong for instant, I think I have shown you Sunda ethnic song as well, that like to complement the song with flute

As of now I like to hear my own ethnic song, Minang, beside usual cities like song that resemble Western style music

Yup, Indian music is very distinctive, I show that cities people music. Indian music is also frequenly having fast rythm, if you have slow one, I would like to hear,

Beside dangdut, each ethnic has different style music, as you know Keroncong for instant, I think I have shown you Sunda ethnic song as well, that like to complement the song with flute

As of now I like to hear my own ethnic song, Minang, beside usual cities like song that resemble Western style music

Here's some slow Pakistani music for you:

Bharaas OST ( Slow version) Singers | Adnan Dhool (Soch The Band) | Yashal Shahid

Here's some slow Pakistani music for you:

Bharaas OST ( Slow version) Singers | Adnan Dhool (Soch The Band) | Yashal Shahid

So far my favorite Pakistani song is this one

So far my favorite Bangladesh song is still this one

Here is a slow one, slow is what I generally like, ha ha. It is called 'Aaj jaane ki zidd na karo'. Its type is what in India and Pakistan is called a Ghazal ( I don't know the technicality of what kind of song is called a ghazal ) but it is usually in the Urdu language. The song was originally sung by the Pakistani singer Farida Khanum but here is performed by Indian girl, the vivacious and beautiful-smiled Avanti Patel who was a contestant in Indian Idol. This vid is made very nicely. The song starts with the title and then "Yoon ki pehelu me baithe raho" which mean "Don't be so stubborn in leaving me now, keep sitting beside me" :

@SIPRA, I think you will like the above version.

Yes, you have posted a Sunda song with flute, a song with the female singer near the sea and on a hill. Her name was Nina.

Nice cheerful song with good dance as well. What is she singing and what are those dancers' beautiful dresses called ?

Shankar Mahadevan's son Shivam Mahadevan and Jonita Gandhi of "Breakup Song" fame
From the web series "Bandish Bandits" on Amazon Prime

@jamahir @Sharma Ji @Sainthood 101

Another lovely song from same web series 👆

Last edited:
Shankar Mahadevan's son Shivam Mahadevan and Jonita Gandhi of "Breakup Song" fame
From the web series "Bandish Bandits" on Amazon Prime

@jamahir @Sharma Ji @Sainthood 101

Another lovely song from same web series 👆

Well, not my type of songs really. Maybe the time of the night, ha ha. But I liked Shivam's part in the first song and the appearance of the lovely Simone Singh in the second.

However, if you want to appreciate the beautiful singer Jonita Gandhi then have a watch to this version of the old 'Aao huzoor tumko' with Jonita's husky voice, nice singing and of course the marvelous instrumentalists. @Indos, since you like fast paced music you will like this mix of a old song with nice modern music though the tabla ( drums ) and the flute are traditional but used in modern way.

Well, not my type of songs really. Maybe the time of the night, ha ha. But I liked Shivam's part in the first song and the appearance of the lovely Simone Singh in the second.

However, if you want to appreciate the beautiful singer Jonita Gandhi then have a watch to this version of the old 'Aao huzoor tumko' with Jonita's husky voice, nice singing and of course the marvelous instrumentalists. @Indos, since you like fast paced music you will like this mix of a old song with nice modern music though the tabla ( drums ) and the flute are traditional but used in modern way.
This was a very good web series with a lot of classical music. Shivam's talent is stupendous. It is clear he has been taught well by his dad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom