What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

@Valiant here's one for your potohari roots- I listened to it on reddit years ago and it became a classic for me

Brilliant! Never heard Potohari music before so this was a great introduction. Thoroughly enjoyed it

Wah, what sadness, what emotions please share songs like these!!!

I almost get a hint of Mehdi Hassan in Ahmed's vocals. Wonder if anyone else felt the similarity?

Beautiful singer and beautiful singing. I like the music very much too.

Wah, what sadness, what emotions please share songs like these!!!

Beautiful song in its singing, placement of the lyrics, the music and the cinematography. It is has been posted on this thread before. This version is from the male perspective than the older one from the female side. The original song was written by Makhdoom Mohiudeen, a Communist poet and activist from Hyderbad, Deccan India.

Aika Dajiba

Artist : Vaishali Samant
Composer : Avadhoot Gupte
Video by Jagdish Mali featuring Ishita Arun and Milind Gunaji

@jamahir @vishwambhar @Naofumi @Indos @Goenitz

A peppy song that describes the feelings of the girl. Quite an old one really. Ishita should have been plumper, she would have appeared more graceful. And what is Milind Gunaji doing nowadays ? Also, the song "Pani thim thim gala" is another fun Marathi song from the 1990s.

Last edited:

A great portrayal of emotions from Punjab by Attaullah Khan Esakhelvi.

A personal recall behind this song. The last time when I left Pakistan for England as usual the gloominess was there once you left the village with all your relatives being teary-eyed whilst you headed for the airport. But I didn't think much of the emotions that day that is until I get on the plane and am all cosy in my seat and decided to put my music on shuffle. For the while, the plane was being boarded and braced for the long haul to Manchester. The music was relatively lively and not much to it I guess. That is until we get the go from the pilots and we are above wheat fields and the adjoining areas of Islamabad and its villages that this song was shuffled and it made me sob like a baby it still gives me goosebumps seeing the endless fields, the villages, the Punjab and Pakistan from above whilst, Attaullah quietly made me regret sitting next to the window.

@Sainthood 101 @jamahir @Valiant @Mentee

Back
Top Bottom