What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

I prefer the Black album and subsequent works as well.

That was probably their transition album, when you remember hearing the die-hard's calling them sell-outs because they started moving away from their classic metals like Master of Puppets etc. But Black was about as sick as the come, with of course one of the sickest tunes of all time in Enter Sandman! :lol: Always cranked that tune and my kid who was around 7 years old would come running (cuz he knew it was time once that song was blasting) and get a piggy-back ride from his old man as we banged heads loooool!

Then there were those epic tunes that took them to other dimensions like The Unforgiving and that sinister melody and the video that accompanied that tune was out of this world. Back when MTV actually played great band videos before the hiphop "kill it" revolution all but massacred rock & roll. :(

Load was HIGHLY underrated. Everytime i listen to songs from that album I'm transported back to the glorious summer of 1996 for me.

I forgot Hero of the Day was off of Load and not Garage Inc. Thanks for the correction. That's right, Garage Inc. was all remakes of other classics and was a double album. Thought that was excellent also.

Hetfields’s voice seems to capture some sort of rage that complements nicely with the at times gorgeous guitar and bass work. Not to mention the beast that is Lars.

Indeed, and of course, if you're into hot rods and fast cars, how could you not love this! The way Hetfield says it, classic! Gimme Fui, give me Fai, gimme Dabazabazai :lol:

@Nilgiri , this is why electric will never cut it, ma bro. "Quench ma thirst with gasoline!" :enjoy:

That reminds me, I thought of you good music appreciation club here when I heard this one recently @Gomig-21 @Avicenna :

Seen these guys several times also. Was always amazed how 3 guys made so much sound live. Usually when a band has only 1 guitarist, you can hear that void of the rhythm guitar when the lead would go into solos. Then they're only left with the bass line and it doesn't sound the same. But these guys were the first to solve that live problem with synthesizers and prerecorded rhythm tracks that they would insert through push pedals and through their production engineers. So their live performances sounded exactly like their recorded-over studio sounds. Everyone started figuring out what they were doing and stared copying them because they figured out that ever so elusive studio live sound. They were geniuses beyond just the music.

Out of all their great tunes, I remember the only one had the most impact on the crowd when they got into it, was Limelight.

The song is melodious indeed as is the singer mesmerizing. She seemed rather comfortable singing among a live audience.
She definitely is a classy lady in her poise and looks, no question about it.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom