What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Couple of my buddies who live in Michigan and often boat Lake Erie and send me pics, I can't believe how beautiful but especially how clear that water is. I have a picture of my buddy floating with his little newborn baby in about 25/30' of water, he's holding his little one underwater just about halfway and the bottom is all just perfectly round rocks, his 30' boat's silhouette above him at the surface and his wife snapping the shot. The little one (who was about 1-1/2 years old at the time) is smiling and having a blast lol. But that water, you'd think it was the Caribbean except its the fresh water of the great lakes.

Yeah its truly awesome place to be....a real testament to good ecological conservation. I will be making it out there a few times this year hopefully. There is excellent muskie and pike fishing especially in Erie as one approaches the detroit area (western Erie)...coz they breed in lake st clair and they make their way into Erie's more open water...a good combination esp with the improved water ecology w.r.t Detroit in last few decades. It has helped they don't dredge in the area so much like they used to so there is good water weeds for them. I hope to hit lake superior later this year too when I do my huron + (buddies in) Manitoba trip, havent been in superior a long time....can't wait!

Yeah its truly awesome place to be....a real testament to good ecological conservation. I will be making it out there a few times this year hopefully. There is excellent muskie and pike fishing especially in Erie as one approaches the detroit area (western Erie)...coz they breed in lake st clair and they make their way into Erie's more open water...a good combination esp with the improved water ecology w.r.t Detroit in last few decades. It has helped they don't dredge in the area so much like they used to so there is good water weeds for them. I hope to hit lake superior later this year too when I do my huron + (buddies in) Manitoba trip, havent been in superior a long time....can't wait!

Definitely take tons of pics and post them!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom