What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Kyu Sakamoto was a Japanese singer and actor, best known outside Japan for his International hit song "Ue o Muite Arukō"

It's known as "Sukiyaki" in English speaking markets.

Last edited:
One of my favourites, pity he died in that tragic air crash....talent ripped away from us.

I very recently discovered this song for the first time. I don't speak much Japanese, but I've become almost obsessed with it.

It really tugs at the emotions the way he sings it. I can see why it went to number one on the u.s. Billboard top 100 back in the 60's

When looking up more info about him, I was surprised to learn that he was the first Asian recording artist to reach number 1 on the American music charts.

I was saddened to discover that he died in a plane crash.

I very recently discovered this song for the first time. I don't speak much Japanese, but I've become almost obsessed with it.

It really tugs at the emotions the way he sings it. I can see why it went to number one on the u.s. Billboard top 100 back in the 60's

When looking up more info about him, I was surprised to learn that he was the first Asian recording artist to reach number 1 on the American music charts.

I was saddened to discover that he died in a plane crash.

Yah lot of older folk I know absolutely cherish this song (it really permeated the airwaves). Many have left comments on the youtube page too.

Back
Top Bottom