What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

The kind of music that was practically made for a 70s cadillac as you cruise around the turnpike to get away from it all just for a bit....heh.

Thanks mate.
For sure mate. There's also a derivative genre called acid funk from the nineties rave scene

Sick bassline from Zender

Jamiroquai and Incognito - acid funk at its finest

Last edited:
I F#CKING HATE JAMIROQUAI :pissed:
I dig their old sound, when they used to be proper funksters...albums such as Emergency on Planet Earch, Travelling without Moving, Return of the Space cowboy. Though not a big fan of their dance pop discotheque infused new electro-funk sound. In the nineties brit funk and jazz scene, they were all the rage along with BNH and Incognito (BNH are oversells in my opinion)

80s psych rock, nice. I do like that song of theirs, whats it called, we dont need no education - proper progressive rock, yes

Yeah this is from their 70s era....yep prog/psychedelic. What I love about pink floyd is they wrap the song/album around a core deep philosophy/message that they construct first....and they do harness the emotion (many cases their founding bud syd barett who sadly had a mental illness soon after the band started getting famous).

Really just don't get that these days anymore.....music that can take you places far beyond that you never knew were there....you are right their 80s stuff (another brick in the wall that you mention) was excellent too, but dark side of the moon and the early 70s stuff overall just really hit the spot for me the most....perfect use of guitar melodies and backing vocals that really put it a cut above from the other stuff of that generation.

Steve Hackett (from genesis) came by for a concert few days back that I went to, well worth it.... very jazzy, very awesome transitions. I grew up in the wrong era :P

Santana is touring later this year, gonna try attend that too....dunno how much longer he will be around so might as well...

Yeah this is from their 70s era....yep prog/psychedelic. What I love about pink floyd is they wrap the song/album around a core deep philosophy/message that they construct first....and they do harness the emotion (many cases their founding bud syd barett who sadly had a mental illness soon after the band started getting famous).

Really just don't get that these days anymore.....music that can take you places far beyond that you never knew were there....you are right their 80s stuff (another brick in the wall that you mention) was excellent too, but dark side of the moon and the early 70s stuff overall just really hit the spot for me the most....perfect use of guitar melodies and backing vocals that really put it a cut above from the other stuff of that generation.

Steve Hackett (from genesis) came by for a concert few days back that I went to, well worth it.... very jazzy, very awesome transitions. I grew up in the wrong era :P

Santana is touring later this year, gonna try attend that too....dunno how much longer he will be around so might as well...
I dont know my onions tbh on the 70s rock scene, but I do like Floyd, The Doors and Deep Purple, proper psych rock. There was also this guitarist with Cream I forgot his name, he had this absolutely wicked riffs, also that band who did a song called "brothers in arms". I am more into 90s Britpop, bands like Radiohead, Oasis, Blur

Mate if you are into 80s psych rock, do check out their modern day equivalents post punk subgenres like alt rock, I think you'll like it

Back
Top Bottom