What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Don’t judge me. :D

We live in a stressful world, my friend, pop/dance music really helps me relax my mind and keeps me upbeat even in the bad situations.

What music do you like?

Oh I wasn't judging, my friend. Just a bit unexpected, that's all. :)

I'll listen to just about anything, except country. My favorites genres are probably Rock/Alternative and Hip-hop/R&B (along with Pakistani music). I don't listen to current music much though. More so older stuff from when I was a kid.

Youtube is ruined. Back then kids used to make such good AMVs. Today they cant even edit right. I'll share one regardless.

One of my favourite songs from a band who only ever did one great song. Nice tune from the 1978/9 (?) and check out the black guy in the sheepskin lining who just loves his job, and the uber-serious drummer who has done this a million times before and doesnt't give a crap anymore. LOL!

Now here is John Martyn singing 'I'd rather be the Devil'. As a guitar player he was better than Hendrix and Mark Knopfler or anyone else of that class. Superb. He had the entire guitar repertoire of Pink Floyd from just an acoustic guitar. Great song to listen to while baked. The way the BBC filmed this lets you see the fretting and picking on the guitar. He is using amps and a foot peddle drum machine for base. Apart from that there are no other instruments in this song. For anyone who plays guitar or tries to (like me) this is pure honey for the ears and a visual eye-gasm???? LOL.

This is John Martyn playing in Dublin, he is drunk out of his mind yet still plays a concert with just his voice, a double bass and his guitar. Great songs by some excellent song writers. Solid Air by Nick Drake is one of my favourites. Written by Drake just before he committed suicide in his late twenties. Its an excellent song. Martyn did it justice. RIP Drake, hope you found what you were searching for.

The Animals, House of the Rising Sun, great song from the 60's (the most creative decade of the 20th Cent) used in many Hollywood movies as a prelude to or looming danger. When things are just about to go from bad to worse. A song of regret and sorrow.

Back
Top Bottom