What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

@Spring Onion Does Shehz post in this forum under any account?

WHO? are you talking about Shehz the old member? I was seriously absent almost for a year or more many years back due to some wrangling between certain known friends and admins so I don't know if Shehz post under any other account

@Nilgiri

Ever invested in a good audio system? Headphones or Hifi?

Yes both. Headphones I use mostly since I travel a lot....I have Bose noise cancelling ones...well worth the investment.

The sound system I have hooked up to my main TV, computers and all other gadgets is the Bose lifestyle, also well worth the investment.

I got them together in a good deal cpl years back.

Yes both. Headphones I use mostly since I travel a lot....I have Bose noise cancelling ones...well worth the investment.

The sound system I have hooked up to my main TV, computers and all other gadgets is the Bose lifestyle, also well worth the investment.

I got them together in a good deal cpl years back.
What about the recordings? Are they able to do justice to the system?

What about the recordings? Are they able to do justice to the system?

It depends. Music wise only, it has to be High def stuff, which I am only slowly acquiring on priority basis when I have time....as far as the large sound system is concerned. Its quality only really makes a difference when its bluray movies etc.

For the headphones, yes I can find a difference even holding everything else constant quality wise....because of the direct insulated contact....which I find makes the differences more perceptible. This works both ways however, if the recording is even a little bit on the bad side, it will stick out like a sore thumb as opposed to getting smoothed out.

But when the recording quality is good to excellent, it is on a whole new level for end hearing quality.

I have older sets of headphones handy so I can always check the difference to appreciate it.....I use these older sets when I have only 1 version of some music and its mediocre to poor quality. A lot of my Maria Callas rare stuff and also some Indian carnatic music (which I converted from tape to CD/electronic) for example fits in this category....and till I find high quality stuff (which probably never will happen given the rarity), I have little other option.

All my vinyl is generally average to good, so thats not a real issue thankfully for the hi fi.

It depends. Music wise only, it has to be High def stuff, which I am only slowly acquiring on priority basis when I have time....as far as the large sound system is concerned. Its quality only really makes a difference when its bluray movies etc.

For the headphones, yes I can find a difference even holding everything else constant quality wise....because of the direct insulated contact....which I find makes the differences more perceptible. This works both ways however, if the recording is even a little bit on the bad side, it will stick out like a sore thumb as opposed to getting smoothed out.

But when the recording quality is good to excellent, it is on a whole new level for end hearing quality.

I have older sets of headphones handy so I can always check the difference to appreciate it.....I use these older sets when I have only 1 version of some music and its mediocre to poor quality. A lot of my Maria Callas rare stuff and also some Indian carnatic music (which I converted from tape to CD/electronic) for example fits in this category....and till I find high quality stuff (which probably never will happen given the rarity), I have little other option.
I think I'll go with the headphones first. Don't have any Fraulein at the moment to hold in my arms while we listen to K219 so no need for a Hifi at the moment. :lol:

I think I'll go with the headphones first. Don't have any Fraulein at the moment to hold in my arms while we listen to K219 so no need for a Hifi at the moment. :lol:

Yah for sure....thats the most sound thing to do. Many I know never find the need for a home theatre audio system.....headphones these days do such a great job, and you never have to worry about the neighbours etc..

Bose, Sennheiser are the two best in my opinion. Don't get beats, its much overpriced for what it delivers (sort of like apple products).

Yah for sure....thats the most sound thing to do. Many I know never find the need for a home theatre audio system.....headphones these days do such a great job, and you never have to worry about the neighbours etc..

Bose, Sennheiser are the two best in my opinion. Don't get beats, its much overpriced for what it delivers (sort of like apple products).
What about the wireless ones? Got an amp with the headphones?

What about the wireless ones? Got an amp with the headphones?

All Noise cancelling headphones have their own built in amp (part of their operation). Same goes for many if not all bluetooth and just general wireless headphones these days if I am not mistaken.

Stand alone amps are pretty old school these days....more for legacy sets and professionals etc.

I would get noise cancelling wired to be on the absolute safest side of getting the best quality.

If you want to get wireless (for convenience, range, travel etc) thats fine too, the technology has really caught up these days quality wise...you will just need batteries (so get a rechargeable set +recharger).

I think that Bose will be 70-80 $ cheaper and equal in performance if not a little bit better.
No idea about Sennheiser, nothing at all.

Copies are more easily and commonly available in our market and will cost you around 4000-5000 thousand. They are not that brilliant in quality but if you check thoroughly in the market you may come across one that is good. Otherwise buying them online will set you back some 25000-30000 Rs :) ( i bought mine when i was in England and got a much better deal. Plus it hurts less when you spend 200 US$ for example than it does when you spend 20000 Rs on headphones. :lol:

They are not that brilliant in quality but if you check thoroughly in the market you may come across one that is good. Otherwise buying them online will set you back some 25000-30000 Rs :) ( i bought mine when i was in England and got a much better deal. Plus it hurts less when you spend 200 US$ for example than it does when you spend 20000 Rs on headphones. :lol:

Can you get them through ebay?....or does Pakistan impose hefty customs duties etc (tend to be included in the final ebay price for the clearly pricey stuff that cannot pass as "gifts" ).

Can you get them through ebay?....or does Pakistan impose hefty customs duties etc (tend to be included in the final ebay price for the clearly pricey stuff that cannot pass as "gifts" ).
Never tried it man, so cant say! :)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom